Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket sales (38,227 Addicks Going to Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    Sunderland have sold about 34,000 as of yesterday
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    That doesn't include tickets in the "neutral" seats like Club Wembley that Charlton fans have managed to get hold of too
    I thought some of those were sold by the club...those 2nd tier seats. You could see them on the CAFC website. Agree there are some that were sold in the prawn sandwich area the £269 one's....still great effort and to have around 40,000 following Charlton will be unreal.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    +2000 eh @SoundAsa£

That figure of 38,227 is only the number sold by the club.....the 2000 I have indicated are those sold by Wembley “directly” to Charlton fans....Hospitality packages, private boxes plus VIP tickets for staff, directors and directors guests etc. True it’s a guess but I think it’s about right.
    I think whatever figure given out by the club we need to add a further 2000 Charlton fans/followers into the mix......so I confidently put the figure of 40 to 41,000.

you don't count Soundas, lets face it you and others like you sitting in your lounges quaffing wne are not really 'proper' Charlton fans. You're part of the vol au vent scoffing 'Football Family' brigade.

38,227 Proper Charlton there. FACT

The day I see Gumbo eating a vol au vent...

We'll give you a wave from the box. In the Sunderland end.  Should get some great pictures.
  • Options
    What have Sunderland sold?
    If the final was in Newcastle how many would we have shifted?
    Let's enjoy the 39k that we have sold. 
  • Options
    Let's enjoy the 39k that we have sold. 
    It's a great number but I'm just making the point Sunderland have a fair old journey.
  • Options
    111999GillsvMan City76,935Div Three

I wonder how many Gills fans were in that crowd!
    To be fair to the Gills (although bugger knows why) they've been involved in three finals and the attendances haven't been too bad, especially given their oppo:

No Year Att Div
    11 1999 Gills v Man City 76,935 Div Three
    43 2000 Wigan v Gills 53,764 Div Three
    44 2009 Gills v Shrews 53,706 Div Four
  • Options
    Thought I would share a view from a Blackpool fan I had a discussion with today. He said the Blackpool fans are surprised by the number of tickets sold for the semi and final as he thought there was a boycott taking place.
     I supported our position that this is for the team and fans and not to support the ownership. He suggested that there was a lot of glory hunters on the bandwagon :-(. He is still standing ...just.
  • Options
    Thought I would share a view from a Blackpool fan I had a discussion with today. He said the Blackpool fans are surprised by the number of tickets sold for the semi and final as he thought there was a boycott taking place.
     I supported our position that this is for the team and fans and not to support the ownership. He suggested that there was a lot of glory hunters on the bandwagon :-(. He is still standing ...just.
    Jealousy rearing it's ugly head.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

To be fair to the Gills (although bugger knows why) they've been involved in three finals and the attendances haven't been too bad, especially given their oppo:

No Year Att Div
    I went to the Wigan v Gillingham game with @Clem_Snide - Wigan only had about 8000 there. 

We managed to sell 45,000 bars of soap that day, so I guess that’s how many Gillingham were there.  Think they came for the cheap soap rather than the football though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Oysten's a wanker, bin him off mate!
  • Options

No Year Att Div
    That’s cos their fans bring all 12 of their brothers and sisters along boi.
  • Options
    Cracking effort by the fans and the ticket office staff, can't wait now.
  • Options
    That Oysten's a wanker, bin him off mate!
    Haha
  • Options
    I had a few beers with my Serbian mate last night. When I told him the gate was expected to be 80k he was gobsmacked. He referred to it several times during the evening. This is going to break records. We could not think of anywhere in Europe where two third tier clubs could play each other and get anywhere near 80k, in living memory.
    I feel like if Kaiserslautern played Karsruhe or Rostock, in the german 3rd tier, were to play a hypothetical league one play off final, they might be nearing that attendance
  • Options
    Season ticket holder my alarm is set for 8.55 tomorrow

Going for cat 3 myself
    08:55 is my first tea break
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I hope the ticket staff have a complementary ticket for Sunday, they deserve it
    Wasn’t it all outsourced?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    +2000 eh @SoundAsa£

That figure of 38,227 is only the number sold by the club.....the 2000 I have indicated are those sold by Wembley “directly” to Charlton fans....Hospitality packages, private boxes plus VIP tickets for staff, directors and directors guests etc. True it’s a guess but I think it’s about right.
    I think whatever figure given out by the club we need to add a further 2000 Charlton fans/followers into the mix......so I confidently put the figure of 40 to 41,000.

you don't count Soundas, lets face it you and others like you sitting in your lounges quaffing wne are not really 'proper' Charlton fans. You're part of the vol au vent scoffing 'Football Family' brigade.

We'll give you a wave from the box. In the Sunderland end.  Should get some great pictures.
    Don’t get any of that post?
    1.....who is Gumbo?
    2.....are you saying you (and others), have a place in a Sunderland private box?
    A bit confusing?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    +2000 eh @SoundAsa£

1.....who is Gumbo?
    2.....are you saying you (and others), have a place in a Sunderland private box?
    A bit confusing?
    It's a corporate box that happens to be situated in the Sunderland end.

Gumbo is a member on here. He likes goats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder how close we will get to City's 77,936, my guess will be close, but no cigar! 77,436.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    +2000 eh @SoundAsa£

1.....who is Gumbo?
    A bit confusing?
    It's a corporate box that happens to be situated in the Sunderland end.

Gumbo is a member on here. He likes goats.
    Ah....got it now.
    Have a great time mate and yes those photos sound like they will be well worth seeing.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I wonder how close we will get to City's 77,936, my guess will be close, but no cigar! 77,436.
    Charlton have sold 38,227
    Sunderland have sold ~34000

You are suggesting that 5,209 tickets have been sold between the teams for Hospitality/Club Wembley, and been taken up by sponsors/football family/season ticket holders?

Possible, I think this is over 80k though with at least 40k Addicks (including Friends of Addicks traveling for the day)
  • Options
    it wont be 38227 because half of us cant get through to the f--king office to get our e-tickets sent!! lol
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    PopIcon said:
    Charlton have sold 38,227
    Sunderland have sold ~34000

You are suggesting that 5,209 tickets have been sold between the teams for Hospitality/Club Wembley, and been taken up by sponsors/football family/season ticket holders?

Possible, I think this is over 80k though with at least 40k Addicks (including Friends of Addicks traveling for the day)
    Ok, I think we'll sell a million tickets. Apologies for the really stupid original guestimate.
  • Options
    Judging by the amount of good luck messages I've received from my Newcastle mates about half a million 
  • Options

Hi,1st time poster here so please go easy! I've bought 4 tickets in Block 128[last night] but wasn't given a choice over delivery method, it just said 'Collection from Wembley.' I presume this is as not enough time to post out??

I think I just take the email confirmation to the Wembley Ticket office & hope the tickets will be there?

I'm obviously a bit nervy & would prefer to have the tickets in my hand but intend to get there about 12pm!

I was pleased to get them as I'm only a Red Card Holder, my Dad was a ST Holder up until 3 years ago but is 84 in a weeks time and isn't so easy on his feet and with all the 'owner issues' now only picks & chooses his games.

Any info on the ticket issue would be appreciated.

Yep just take your email confirmation with you & you'll be fine
    AND YOUR DAD!
  • Options
    If the Final was the tenth highest-placed London team against the tenth highest-placed Sunderland team, I think we probably would have outsold them.
  • Options
    Addicks have 38,000 going, but Chelsea and Arsenal only have only sold 8,000 combined for the Europa League final. :D