Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Barton Assaults Opposing Manager

Comments

• Options

JOEY Barton today denied attacking his wife just days before their wedding anniversary.

The football manager, 38, allegedly grabbed Georgia, 35, by the throat and kicked her in the head while at a party in Kew, South West London

Barton appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court via videolink today where he pleaded not guilty to assault by beating.

The ex-Premier League star, who now manages League One side Bristol Rovers, allegedly attacked Georgia on June 2 - two days before their anniversary. She suffered a head injury following the attack, which allegedly came after a discussion became "heated".

The court was told Barton then grabbed her throat and kicked her, which left a "golf ball sized bruise".

Prosecutor Nahiedh Khan said: "She has then called the police and said that she was injured and had been assaulted. She said that she wanted Mr Barton removed from the property but did not want to give a statement.”

“Mr Barton was quite intoxicated and was struggling to stay standing when unassisted.”

• Options
    edited July 2021
    But then his wife posted this on instagram yesterday

• Options
    Quite. So she called the police, but didn't want to give a statement.
  • Options
    As he has been charged under the same circumstances that Caroline Flack was charged, can we all be kind to him please? 
  • Options
    Weird fact of the day: Barton co-owns a racehorse with Claudio Pizzaro.

Never played with each other as far as I'm aware, seems such a random combination. 
  • Options

Never played with each other as far as I'm aware, seems such a random combination. 
    Named after an Arctic Monkeys song, maybe they have a common interest in the band?

I’m pretty sure Barton models his “intelligent-northern-man of the people” persona that he wants you to see on Alex Turner, Arctic Monkeys lead singer/songwriter. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who smiled when he cracked that fat bird at the disco analogy on Newsnight? Anyone who can trigger that much po-faced indignation isn't a complete wrongun in my books.
  • Options

Pizzaro owns a couple of restaurants  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Pizzaro owns a couple of restaurants  ;)
    I’ll get your coat 😂
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    And his brother murdered a young man with an ice axe in an unprovoked racist attack. What a lovely family. I don't know what self-respecting club would have this person anywhere near them. 
    This lad was awaiting his o'levels and was with a white girl . Barton's brother murdered him and Barton helped him to free to the continent if IRC. 

Barton has also put a cigarette stub on a junior's cheek at Manchester City among other stomach churning things.
    It was a cigar in the eye wasn’t it?
    I read cheek. Eye would have been more horrific. 
    It was his eyelid:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barton-faces-fine-after-party-1132928
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Though Jamie Tandy sounds lovely too:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-jamie-tandy-court-11223695

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/man-city/news/barton-brands-tandy-a-gob_262637.html

Interesting comments from Barton in that last article, "Men who hit women are nothing but shithouses. At the end of the day. In this world you are responsible for your own actions."
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Chunes said:
    And his brother murdered a young man with an ice axe in an unprovoked racist attack. What a lovely family. I don't know what self-respecting club would have this person anywhere near them. 
    This lad was awaiting his o'levels and was with a white girl . Barton's brother murdered him and Barton helped him to free to the continent if IRC. 

Barton has also put a cigarette stub on a junior's cheek at Manchester City among other stomach churning things.
    It was his eyelid:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barton-faces-fine-after-party-1132928
    Ah the old “I accidentally mistook somebody’s eye lid for an ashtray’” turn out.  Easily done. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021

JOEY Barton today denied attacking his wife just days before their wedding anniversary.

The football manager, 38, allegedly grabbed Georgia, 35, by the throat and kicked her in the head while at a party in Kew, South West London

Barton appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court via videolink today where he pleaded not guilty to assault by beating.

The ex-Premier League star, who now manages League One side Bristol Rovers, allegedly attacked Georgia on June 2 - two days before their anniversary. She suffered a head injury following the attack, which allegedly came after a discussion became "heated".

The court was told Barton then grabbed her throat and kicked her, which left a "golf ball sized bruise".

Prosecutor Nahiedh Khan said: "She has then called the police and said that she was injured and had been assaulted. She said that she wanted Mr Barton removed from the property but did not want to give a statement.”

“Mr Barton was quite intoxicated and was struggling to stay standing when unassisted.”

@Chris_from_Sidcup, can you not text dump from articles unless they're paywalled, and if you do, make sure you include a link at the top to where you got it from please?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

It was his eyelid:

Ah the old “I accidentally mistook somebody’s eye lid for an ashtray’” turn out.  Easily done. 

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    https://twitter.com/official_brfc/status/1419750580726157314?s=21

So much wrong with this statement from Rovers 
    That is horrendous 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Terrible. The CPS do not need the wife to press charges if they believe there is adequate evidence she has been assaulted. They will prosecute on behalf of the wider public. 
  • Options
    So because the victim didn't physically report the incident themselves it becomes a victimless crime. 

Such poor wording and I suspect there may be a fallout with a few of their fans, if its all true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're just playing with words. It's 'victimless' in a legal sense as his wife isn't the one pressing charges. But in this type of case she doesn't have to, as there were witnesses.

But as has been reported she was the one who called the police, she had a bloody nose and she wanted him removed from the house. So clearly she was a victim. Also we need to remember the police probably wouldn't have charged him without witnesses and i doubt the CPS would be pursuing this if they didn't feel there was a realistic chance of conviction. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

The pirate code would make him walk the plank.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

The pirate code would make him walk the plank.
    keelhauling is more appropriate for this serial reprobate .. with luck a shark would finish him off 
  • Options
    That statement from Rovers is dreadful. Should have ended after the word “comment” in the second paragraph. 
  • Options
    It's a victimless crime in the same sense that a murder is a victimless crime, in that the "victim" isn't the one making the complaint. 

Such a stupid statement to make. 
  • Options
    I can only imagine the quote was taken out of context by Rovers, I doubt a prosecution barrister would open the case by saying “this is a victimless crime”.
  • Options

The president of Bristol Rovers has "wholeheartedly apologised" for a club statement published hours after its manager Joey Barton appeared in court.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    clive said:

The president of Bristol Rovers has "wholeheartedly apologised" for a club statement published hours after its manager Joey Barton appeared in court.

They ought to just sack him anyway. Guilty or not, why would you want this kind of publicity associated with your club? I guess it’s easier to avoid paying compensation if he is is found guilty. 

By appointing him in the first place, they must of known it was only a matter of time before he caused aggro - he just can’t help himself.