Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton Assaults Opposing Manager

Comments

• More delays and money down the drain.  Madness.
  • Whatever the outcome, Barton is a nasty piece of work.  I am amazed clubs take him on as a Manager.

• edited July 2021
    Bit of time inside would probably do someone like him some good. Might help him realise he doesn't want to be an absolute scumbag.

I get there's a lot of annoying loudmouths that people hate but this guy's going around (allegedly) slapping people about. 

Absolute prat, can't see him getting booked for Question Time again.
  • Whatever the outcome, Barton is a nasty piece of work.  I am amazed clubs take him on as a Manager.

Honestly, it should not even be their decision. They should be TOLD how it's gonna be.
  • Huskaris said:
    Bit of time inside would probably do someone like him some good. Might help him realise he doesn't want to be an absolute scumbag.

I get there's a lot of annoying loudmouths that people hate but this guy's going around (allegedly) slapping people about. 

Absolute prat, can't see him getting booked for Question Time again.
    He’s already done time, hasn’t he?
  • The doc of his time at Fleetwood should be interesting, out Thursday 
  • _nam11 said:
    The doc of his time at Fleetwood should be interesting, out Thursday 
    What channels that on Nam?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    _nam11 said:
    The doc of his time at Fleetwood should be interesting, out Thursday 
    What channels that on Nam?
    Alibi
    What time, it's not on the Virgin Media planner?
  • edited July 2021
    Chunes said:
    And his brother murdered a young man with an ice axe in an unprovoked racist attack. What a lovely family. I don't know what self-respecting club would have this person anywhere near them. 
    I agree with you Chunes, but Bowyer wasn’t exactly a saint as a player, and came with baggage, I know a lot of our fanbase accepted him but other clubs fans didn’t and thought he was a thug and a racist.
  • Chunes said:
    And his brother murdered a young man with an ice axe in an unprovoked racist attack. What a lovely family. I don't know what self-respecting club would have this person anywhere near them. 
    I thought it was his cousin. 
    Point still stands though 
  • It’s amazing how a guy that comes across quite articulate and intelligent (bizarre I know!) can continue to do such stupid things. He had a tough up bringing by all accounts but so have most people, they don’t continuously do stuff like this. 

Joey clearly has anger management  issues and can’t control himself, the footage of him fighting on the beach a couple of years ago, is a clear indicator of this. Time inside again probably won’t do it, he needs therapy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    2015:

Barton admitted: "Everyone knows I have anger issues and on the pitch people are going to test my temperament.

"I'm not a changed man because it's who I am. It's something inside me, a natural instinct that makes me stand and fight. I just continue to work at it."

I'm unaware if he has tried anger management classes, but he really needs to either try them or try them again.
  • Chunes said:
    This lad was awaiting his o'levels and was with a white girl . Barton's brother murdered him and Barton helped him to free to the continent if IRC. 

Barton has also put a cigarette stub on a junior's cheek at Manchester City among other stomach churning things.

Not correct. Barton and Taylor fled the country to Amsterdam after the murder. Joey Barton went a long way to persuading his brother and cousin to return to England to face justice.
  • Chunes said:
    This lad was awaiting his o'levels and was with a white girl . Barton's brother murdered him and Barton helped him to free to the continent if IRC. 

Barton has also put a cigarette stub on a junior's cheek at Manchester City among other stomach churning things.

Not correct. Barton and Taylor fled the country to Amsterdam after the murder. Joey Barton went a long way to persuading his brother and cousin to return to England to face justice.
    And also Taylor was the one that hit in the head with a mountaineering axe. Whole family of wronguns
  • Chunes said:

It was a cigar in the eye wasn’t it?
  • What again!
  • I don't think we need to close the thread @Big_Bad_World, as Barton's previous activities are a matter of public record. However, you are correct that as it is an on-going case we need to be careful about speculating about any links between his previous behaviour and the TWO different bits of legal bother he appears to be currently embroiled in.
  • Is the thing with the Barnsley manager resolved?
  • se9addick said:
    Is the thing with the Barnsley manager resolved?
    It's progressing at the speed of an EFL investigation. Barnsley are on their 3rd permanent manager since Stendel!
  • Former Premier League footballer Joey Barton has denied attacking his wife causing her a head injury.

The Bristol Rovers manager appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates Court earlier via videolink.

The 38-year-old was charged with assaulting Georgia McNeil by beating in Kew, London, on 2 June.

He was released on unconditional bail until his trial at the same court on 16 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57969765