Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Barton Assaults Opposing Manager

Comments

• Options
    Read his book.  It talks about his upbringing and the area he was growing up in.  You had to fight for survival so he did.

If he thought he was going to ge a whack he got in there first. 

Small man syndrome

I'm not a fan of him at all
  • Options
    A relative of my wife was a policeman on duty when this happened. I spoke to him convinced he must be guilty but he said he thought he was innocent and that it was his reputation that had created the headlines.

• Options
    Football is a game where you can get angry, but you have to be able to rise above it. This is especially true when you are a manager. 
  • Options
    Blimey, one Man City documentary and everyone’s making one. 
    Sunderland till I die 2 will be the best
  • Options
    You should have gone Carp fishing Joey. You could have been a hero by now. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50315993

The trial will be next year, provisionally on the 1st June. Great timing for Barton and Fleetwood
  • Options
    Feels like a long time between alleged offence and trial, no idea if this is normal however.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Feels like a long time between alleged offence and trial, no idea if this is normal however.
    Very normal.

So many courts closed, Govt won't employ enough judges and other court staff and so it takes far too long for cases to come to court.

Police and CPS also short staffed which adds to the problem.

So many cases and people left as "released under investigation" and may or may not ever be followed up.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Very normal.

So many courts closed, Govt won't employ enough judges and other court staff and so it takes far too long for cases to come to court.

So many cases and people left as "released under investigation" and may or may not ever be followed up.
    So, hypothetically, if someone had annoyed me and I kicked them hard in the bollox repeatedly I'd get off?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Very normal.

So, hypothetically, if someone had annoyed me and I kicked them hard in the bollox repeatedly I'd get off?
    It's possible but I wouldn't rely on it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Very normal.

Have you got anyone in mind? Toolbox saturday?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Very normal.

There’s always a little list ;)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Very normal.

There’s always a little list ;)
    @nth london addick is alright then... ;)
  • Options
    I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a sentence for this.
  • Options
    I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a sentence for this.
    Nasty piece of work
  • Options
    So they had a barney, Stendel got a slap, big deal. Can’t believe this has gone so far!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I imagine Bristol Rovers when they took Barton on, were given assurances about what happened. Though at least the court case is well timed for them if they now need to find a new manager...
  • Options
    Tom1982 said:
    So they had a barney, Stendel got a slap, big deal. Can’t believe this has gone so far!
    Had a Barney, Stengel got a slap, Barton goes to jail for 14 days to 
    learn that you can have an argument without punching someone, big deal.  Can’t believe it has taken so long and that Barton is all lawyered up. Why can’t he just man up and accept it.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Tom1982 said:
    Had a Barney, Stengel got a slap, Barton goes to jail for 14 days to 
    learn that you can have an argument without punching someone, big deal.  Can’t believe it has taken so long and that Barton is all lawyered up. Why can’t he just man up and accept it.
    I should think he’s getting the best lawyers he can afford because he could go down for this. He’s got previous so that will be taken into account.
  • Options
    He has a job he will lose that will probably also be taken into account. It will provide some entertainment for us learning the details.
  • Options
    Tom1982 said:
    In the words of those formidable pop philosophers Little Mix: “you’re really quite the man”
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-57383351

He (possibly) pushed him rather than punching him, and Stendal "was knocked to the ground and when he looked up he saw the defendant passing him" - if Barton has decent lawyers that may be grounds for reasonable doubt.