Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton Assaults Opposing Manager

Comments

• Barton assaulting the Barnsley manager in the tunnel. Prevented from leaving Oakwell by police. Not that we needed reminding of it but what a knob
  • WTF!!... What an absolute idiot!!

Sad as he was proving to be a good appointment by Fleetwood until this
  • Barnsley Mgr prob deserved it 
  • Barnsley Mgr prob deserved it 
    Probably invaded Poland again...
  • The bloke will always be a scumbag. Criminal he is still involved in football.

even if it turns out to have been nothing, my point still stands. He is vermin.
  • Barton apparently headbutted the Barnsley manager in the tunnel. Just seen a video of the police stopping him from driving away at the end of the game. 
  • Hold on guys, nothing has been confirmed at this stage.......OK, none of us will be the slightest surprised if this turns out to be true but let’s not jump to conclusions.

• edited April 2019
    Be interesting to see Stendel's post match interview (If there is one now) to see if he's cut up or anything

Not that I'd see why Woodrow has to lie

Its frustrating as this is the sort of incident that can really unite a team on the pitch as well when we need Barnsley losing games!!
  • Be interesting to see Stendel's post match interview (If there is one now) to see if he's cut up or anything

Its frustrating as this is the sort of incident that can really unite a team on the pitch as well when we need Barnsley losing games!!
    Apparently neither club did any post match media.

Surely Barton will be sacked?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Be interesting to see Stendel's post match interview (If there is one now) to see if he's cut up or anything

Apparently neither club did any post match media.

Surely Barton will be sacked?
    Yeah I imagine that was a wise decision

You'd hope that Barton gets sacked though; as I mentioned earlier its a shame that Barton has acted this way, there were question marks raised when Fleetwood made the appointment a year ago yet up until this moment he'd proved those doubters wrong by getting results which'll see them just missing out on the Play-Offs - As proven from some visiting Charlton fans; Fleetwood seem to have one of the best owners at this level so doesnt deserve to have to put up with this shit, especially when he's put such faith into one of Football's most controversial personalities of recent years
  • Barton will be sacked.

Unfortunately that’s the risk you take when you employ someone like Barton. He has shown his true colours again today and as he is meant to set the example to his players, to his staff, their club and supporters, he must be shown the door.
  • Wanted to see what the Fleetwood fans thought, they appear to not have a forum
  • He wouldn't have done that to Steve Evans...
  • Sky reporting that Barnsley manager has facial injuries.

As an aside, it was quite funny watching the police officer running past Bartons vehicle, before going back and helping stop it!
  • Should be arrested for that,  never mind sacked

A shame as Barton isn't stupid and can be interesting to listen to.
  • He wouldn't have done that to Steve Evans...
    He'd have bounced himself into next week had he tried
  • Was only a matter of time before he did something like this again. He just can’t help himself. 
  • A disgrace - needs to go back to prison if he's committed an assault. A terrible example.
  • Sponsored links:

• The thought of Joey Barton attacking me in the tunnel is truly wince-inducing.
  • Cigar butts, headbutts.....where will it end? 
  • Didn’t Bowyer have some tunnel argy bargy with some one earlier in the season ?
    accrington I think 
  • Barnsleys statement is weird

Is it possible to confirm something is alleged, doesnt that mean its no longer alleged if its confirmed

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/statement/
  • Didn’t Bowyer have some tunnel argy bargy with some one earlier in the season ?
    accrington I think 
    Wasnt it Sam Finley the little bastard who kicked Taylor in the head who went for Bowyer?
  • I had the ‘pleasure’ of knowing Barton’s cousin a few years ago. The cousin who was convicted of the murder of teenager Anthony Walker with an ice pick. He was an utter prick too.
  • Barton has been doing a decent job there. It's a shame he can't control himself but best waiting for the full details to come out. If they ever do.