Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Aribo scores V Brazil. Looks like he made the wrong decision to go to scotland  :D
    I’m not convinced Two-Bob Rangers have done anything to his game that led to the goal
    Since joining “two-bob” Rangers, He’s beet Feyenoord in Europe, 2 caps for Nigeria, 2 goals for nigeria and is now top of the league.

Learn from Lee Bowyer or learn from Steven Gerrard...

Two bob right enough, he could be sitting 10th in the championship. 

Rather be in the Championship tbh.
    Too right.

Feyenoord are not exactly a scalp, they’re average. The only reason why they got into the Europa League is because they had Van Persie scoring all their goals last season.

Aribo would still have been called up whether he was playing in the Championship or at Rangers. That argument is pointless. All you need to do look at how many call ups there are in the Championship to realise this.

100% learn from Lee Bowyer. That’s not bias, that’s because there has been a clear progression and development of players under Bowyer with no budget. Gerrard has spent money and has not shown any of the same coaching qualities or abilities in developing players as Bowyer has. Their record is also pretty much the same as well, and for a club like Rangers in the SPL in comparison to a club like Charlton in League One and then the Championship, it puts a good case forward that Bowyer is the better manager.

Being a better player doesn’t make you a better manager or coach. It’s being able to transfer that ability across to others.

Sitting top now, but won’t be at the end of the season.

Might be playing in Europe, but won’t be for long. Might be playing in front of more fans, but it’s still a step back in development and competitive standard in Scotland. 
    Gerrard has shown no qualities in developing players?

he took a squad that got knocked out by progres neiderkorn of luxembourgh in r1 europa league qualifier, to the group stages the next season, and took it down to the last game to get out. 

THEN he spent money. 

He has taken Rangers to top of the league (properly) for the first time in what, 7 years?

We are now in a group with Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord (could be a CL group, no?) which we will probably get out of. 

so i kindly decline your notion that Gerrard is not a good manager, While LB languishes mid table in the championship, just suffered a narrow defeat to Welsh giants Swansea. You’re right Lee Bowyer all day :D

Havent got involved in this arguement until i saw this comment, what makes u think you will probably get out of it, i would be surprised if you did.

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 
    Maybe draw at home to Young Boys

FYI I prefer Rangers to Celtic always have so its nothing against you personally, just dont think u are ready just yet to challenge teams like Porto
    We played Feyenoord off the park and flung away a lead on Young Boys plastic park. 

Porto shouldn’t have beaten Feyenoord

We will see what happens, i’m sure when we beat Porto on the 24th, i’ll log on here in my drunken state to enjoy it with you :D
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Aribo scores V Brazil. Looks like he made the wrong decision to go to scotland  :D
    I’m not convinced Two-Bob Rangers have done anything to his game that led to the goal
    Since joining “two-bob” Rangers, He’s beet Feyenoord in Europe, 2 caps for Nigeria, 2 goals for nigeria and is now top of the league.

Too right.

Feyenoord are not exactly a scalp, they’re average. The only reason why they got into the Europa League is because they had Van Persie scoring all their goals last season.

Aribo would still have been called up whether he was playing in the Championship or at Rangers. That argument is pointless. All you need to do look at how many call ups there are in the Championship to realise this.

100% learn from Lee Bowyer. That’s not bias, that’s because there has been a clear progression and development of players under Bowyer with no budget. Gerrard has spent money and has not shown any of the same coaching qualities or abilities in developing players as Bowyer has. Their record is also pretty much the same as well, and for a club like Rangers in the SPL in comparison to a club like Charlton in League One and then the Championship, it puts a good case forward that Bowyer is the better manager.

Being a better player doesn’t make you a better manager or coach. It’s being able to transfer that ability across to others.

Might be playing in Europe, but won’t be for long. Might be playing in front of more fans, but it’s still a step back in development and competitive standard in Scotland. 

he took a squad that got knocked out by progres neiderkorn of luxembourgh in r1 europa league qualifier, to the group stages the next season, and took it down to the last game to get out. 

THEN he spent money. 

He has taken Rangers to top of the league (properly) for the first time in what, 7 years?

We are now in a group with Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord (could be a CL group, no?) which we will probably get out of. 

so i kindly decline your notion that Gerrard is not a good manager, While LB languishes mid table in the championship, just suffered a narrow defeat to Welsh giants Swansea. You’re right Lee Bowyer all day :D

Havent got involved in this arguement until i saw this comment, what makes u think you will probably get out of it, i would be surprised if you did.

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 

FYI I prefer Rangers to Celtic always have so its nothing against you personally, just dont think u are ready just yet to challenge teams like Porto
    We played Feyenoord off the park and flung away a lead on Young Boys plastic park. 

We will see what happens, i’m sure when we beat Porto on the 24th, i’ll log on here in my drunken state to enjoy it with you :D
    Played Feyenoord off the park?, stats disagree other than Possesion which Feyenoord had more, it seemed pretty even.

But in no way do those stats say you played them of the park
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 

Played Feyenoord off the park?, stats disagree other than Possesion which Feyenoord had more, it seemed pretty even.

I assume you won’t do this, but see for your own eyes.

https://youtu.be/AJLzRDIPKWE
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 

4 minutes of highlights prove nothing, stats show otherwise
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 

4 minutes of highlights prove nothing, stats show otherwise
    You’re trying to tell someone who was at the game. 

They are called highlights for a reason, because anything of note is in them. There is 2 (poor) feyenoord attacks in it. Lost count of Rangers. A missed penalty, a shot cleared off the line. It should have been 4 or 5 nil. 

Your wee figures paint a false picture.
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

I think Aribo would have got a cap playing for Charlton in the Champ this season. Going to Scotland wouldn't have enhanced his reputation because it's a worse league. Playing in Europe of course would have helped. 

Not fair to compare Bowyer and Gerrard yet. Gerrard has done well but it helps when the standard of football is so poor. Shown by Scotland's battering at the hands of the mighty Russia. But Bowyer has done a terrific job. Yes it's bias but getting us to mid table Championship has been a great achievement and he hasn't had the resources that Gerrard. 

If you're a Rangers fan I can understand why you think the bitterness from Charlton fans is unwarranted. But Aribo's move was definitely sidewards, a move to a big fish in a tiny pond. He can play in Europe but once that is over he's probably got 3/4 more games worth getting out of bed for. 
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:

• Options
    Conor Gallagher got into the England U21s thanks to his work with Charlton

Yup cant imagine Nigeria would have been interested in Aribo had he stayed in South East London
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

I think Aribo would have got a cap playing for Charlton in the Champ this season. Going to Scotland wouldn't have enhanced his reputation because it's a worse league. Playing in Europe of course would have helped. 

Not fair to compare Bowyer and Gerrard yet. Gerrard has done well but it helps when the standard of football is so poor. Shown by Scotland's battering at the hands of the mighty Russia. But Bowyer has done a terrific job. Yes it's bias but getting us to mid table Championship has been a great achievement and he hasn't had the resources that Gerrard. 

If you're a Rangers fan I can understand why you think the bitterness from Charlton fans is unwarranted. But Aribo's move was definitely sidewards, a move to a big fish in a tiny pond. He can play in Europe but once that is over he's probably got 3/4 more games worth getting out of bed for. 
    He’s playing in Europe because he’s in Scotland, so going to Scotland did help, surely? Who exactly in the championship was going to get him European football? He’s played and scored in Europe and now he’s playing and scoring at international. I never ever expect you guys to admit it but Rangers was a great move for his career. Players like Dembele, Robertson, Van Dijk, even Edourd (sp?) and Morelos just now (and thats off the top of my head). There are big players coming out of Scotland in a short period of time.

We have players who will leave us for the Prem, most likely Tavernier or Morelos. Tavernier came from Wigan (alongside Waghorn who i believe is now playing for Derby and doing well) we will see what one reaches the prem first?

The league can’t be that bad if both Rangers and celtic reach the groups of the champs league/europa league most seasons bar the seasons Rangers were down, how many teams in the championship would do that? 

And as for getting out of bed for games... well you wouldn’t understand that because you aren’t used to regular success. When winning the league is a must every year, it’s not about a game, it’s about a season mate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    will Brexit mean smug jocks aren’t allowed on here without a permit ? 
  • Options
    will Brexit mean smug jocks aren’t allowed on here without a permit ? 
    If so can I change my vote to yes to Brexit
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

He’s playing in Europe because he’s in Scotland, so going to Scotland did help, surely? Who exactly in the championship was going to get him European football? He’s played and scored in Europe and now he’s playing and scoring at international. I never ever expect you guys to admit it but Rangers was a great move for his career. Players like Dembele, Robertson, Van Dijk, even Edourd (sp?) and Morelos just now (and thats off the top of my head). There are big players coming out of Scotland in a short period of time.

We have players who will leave us for the Prem, most likely Tavernier or Morelos. Tavernier came from Wigan (alongside Waghorn who i believe is now playing for Derby and doing well) we will see what one reaches the prem first?

The league can’t be that bad if both Rangers and celtic reach the groups of the champs league/europa league most seasons bar the seasons Rangers were down, how many teams in the championship would do that? 

And as for getting out of bed for games... well you wouldn’t understand that because you aren’t used to regular success. When winning the league is a must every year, it’s not about a game, it’s about a season mate. 
    I agree that playing in Europe is good for him. I said that. I also agree he has only done that by going to Scotland. I think he could have gone to a Prem team but not one playing in Europe. But the quality of opposition/standard is much better with any Premier League club than Rangers. Playing in the Prem gets you 38+ decent matches a season. You just can't get that playing for Celtic/Rangers, despite the size of both clubs. 

Your main argument has been that moving to Celtic/Rangers is better than developing in the Championship but I disagree with that. 

Yes you had Van Dijk, Robertson and Tierney. But look at the players coming out of the Championship. There is more quality coming out of that league. In the summer alone they were players like Che Adams, Neal Maupay and Daniel James. All three left the Championship for big money moves. 

I don't get the comparison between Tavernier and Waghorn. It's a stupid point because you are ignoring the quality of the player. 

So it's not about not admitting it. I just don't agree and I have the statistics to back it up. I think Aribo was silly to move to Scotland. I am not saying he should have chosen Charlton over Rangers, I am saying that playing in the Championship is better for a players development than moving to the SPL. For every player you tell me about who have left Scotland for bigger heights, I will give you 5 who have done that from the Championship. 
  • Options
    This is such pointless argument as, without a window into a parallel universe, it’s impossible to know wherever or not Aribo made the right move for his career. The reality is there are/were pros and cons to both options. Would’ve loved him to stay as none of our midfielders have quite the street football skills he does, but, by signing Gallagher, it’s also hard to say we’ve really missed him.

Sucked that we got such a shitty fee for him but we also poached him from non-league so not like we put 10 years of academy time into him. Happy to see him doing well; scoring against Brazil is definitely something he can tell the grand kids about.
  • Options
    Adam Rooney moved from one of the top sides in Scottish football to play for Salford in the National League - says it all really.

Rangers and Celtic might be big clubs but they play in a poor league however you dress it up.

Aribo has advanced his bank account and got to play European football - these seem to be the main benefits.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I don't think anyone doubts that Aribo will get his move to the PL whilst at Rangers. Just that it might take him (and in my opinion unnecessarily) longer.

He's a good player so he will have got his move to the PL wherever he ended up, and if he's in no rush then Rangers probably wasn't the worst decision. However, if he wanted to get to the PL as soon as possible rather than play in Scotland for 2-3 seasons then a move to the Championship probably would've been wiser. 

The constant need to 'prove' that his move to Rangers wasn't a mistake speaks volumes. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Quality goal against top opposition which shows Joe is far too good for the SPL.

Rangers fans should be grateful that a player of his talent was duped into gracing their club for 12 months.

Next year he’ll be at Aston Villa (where he should’ve gone this year) and he’s done nothing of note but waste a year of his club career getting 20 stitches in his head playing Livingston.

Sorry Joe. At least your agent probably will get two bites of the signing bonus cherry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To all the Rangers fans who post on here I wish your national team good luck against San Marino. I usually want the underdog to win. So good luck Scotland 
    I think Scotland are good enough to nick a draw today. 
  • Options
    I mean I could put a 4 minute Highlight reel that makes Nicky Ajose look like a world Beater in reality he is not
    To be honest @paulie8290 I think you’d struggle with this, 4-minutes is too long a time to fill...
  • Options
    What a load of willy-waggling bollocks this thread is. My Dad's bigger than your Dad etc. Pretty sure Joe Aribo won't be complaining so far about his move to Glasgow. Bitching about it or the quality of the SPL etc is just sour grapes/sour blooms.
    He's moved for the dough, whilst people discuss the merits of SPL football.
  • Options

Very very strange to have someone who supports a massive club coming onto a forum for little old Charlton just to seemingly brag, more strange is the fact he has said he will log on if they beat Porto, go a celebrate rather than searching little old Charlton's forum.

Just a few comments on some of the above mentioned and all my opinion of course.

I watched the Feyenoord game and they did deserve to win more so stats don't always tell the truth

The jury is still out on Gerrard as a manger, forget where you finished before, Rangers have a far higher budget (Celtic apart) than the rest of the league so finishing 2nd, getting knocked out 2 cups by Aberdeen and getting knocked out the Europa league in the groups is not exactly miracle working stuff. Where's Bowyer has taken a team an completely overachieved by getting them promoted. At this moment give me Bowyer every day of the week and twice on Saturday.

• Options
    Quality goal against top opposition which shows Joe is far too good for the SPL.

Rangers fans should be grateful that a player of his talent was duped into gracing their club for 12 months.

Next year he’ll be at Aston Villa (where he should’ve gone this year) and he’s done nothing of note but waste a year of his club career getting 20 stitches in his head playing Livingston.

Sorry Joe. At least your agent probably will get two bites of the signing bonus cherry.
    Am i the only one who thought it was piss poor defending, they practically let him walk the ball in.

Also not sure a goal in a friendly shows he's too good for an entire league. Reza scored at a world cup, it hardly meant he was a world beater.
    But then he did score against Leeds proving he was a world beater.
  • Options

Am i the only one who thought it was piss poor defending, they practically let him walk the ball in.

Also not sure a goal in a friendly shows he's too good for an entire league. Reza scored at a world cup, it hardly meant he was a world beater.
    He got lucky with his first touch, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Bet Joe is gutted with how well this has panned out for him... :neutral: