Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    AllysArmy said:
    Aribo has been good for us, I have no idea why people think he isn’t. We have a pool of players which are ALL capable and all see game time. We have 5 or 6 different midfielders who get rotated, and right now Ryan jack and Steven Davis are in the form of their life so Aribo’s got work to do.

Came on last night and done well in a 2-0 win v Porto. His first touch is something else.

He will leave Rangers, and it will be for at least double the £8m compo you would have been due, and it won’t be to the championship... He’s good.

Be very surprised if he goes somewhere for 16+mil. He is good but he isn't that good, not yet anyway. Very good win for you boys last night, should go through now.

You have missed the point about 20 times so will ignore the little dig at the end.

Apologies if it came across as a dig, it was a response to the lad who said He will get a move to the championship. 

wmcf123 said:
    I guess the enormous wages would have been hard to turn down, but he should have stayed with us.  He'd have loved playing in this midfield and would have been guaranteed a premier league move at the end of the season.  
    If we can get out this group then a lot of this squad will be away to the premiership. The only question mark over a lot of our players was if they could cut it against top sides and we’ve proven that now, especially if we get out this group. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I guess the enormous wages would have been hard to turn down, but he should have stayed with us.  He'd have loved playing in this midfield and would have been guaranteed a premier league move at the end of the season.  
    He would have certainly got more recognition & tv time. Wonder what the difference is between the amount of games Sky are showing of ours compare to that of Rangers......and also the viewing coverage of say, Charlton v Sheff Wed on a Sat lunchtime compared to Hibs v Rangers on a Sunday at 3pm   ??
  • Options
    Joe scored a very well taken goal for rangers today although I thought he was struggling and taking some stick from the fans until that point. I could be wrong but that’s how it looked to me on telly. Dreadful game. 
  • Options
    Cupped his ears at the fans after he scored.

If you don’t feel appreciated, come back.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Macronate said:

He plugged his fingers in his ear, not at the fans because the fans haven’t criticised him as folk on here are suggesting. 

I sense some bitterness 
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    Macronate said:

He plugged his fingers in his ear, not at the fans because the fans haven’t criticised him as folk on here are suggesting. 

I sense some bitterness 
    Read the Bear’s Den Rangers media forum match thread (a bit like a rangers version of Charlton Life but with much worse language!).  They were tearing Joe a new one Until he scored!!!  No bitterness from me. Just saying what I saw. Joe looked off the pace and the game passed him by until his excellent strike. His fingers in the ear “celebration” could easily be interpreted as a reaction to fans’ abuse. I’m happy to be wrong but that’s what it looked like. 
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    Macronate said:

I sense some bitterness 
    Read the Bear’s Den Rangers media forum match thread (a bit like a rangers version of Charlton Life but with much worse language!).  They were tearing Joe a new one Until he scored!!!  No bitterness from me. Just saying what I saw. Joe looked off the pace and the game passed him by until his excellent strike. His fingers in the ear “celebration” could easily be interpreted as a reaction to fans’ abuse. I’m happy to be wrong but that’s what it looked like. 
    Rangers media is full of half brains. Season ticket holder and Aribo is very much loved mate so take from that what you will

i’m just happy it’s a Rangers jersey he’a scoring in. 
  • Options
    Just seen the clips of Livingston v Rangers, a match against the auld firm is no longer an interest to fans of other clubs.

Livingston only had one side of the ground, they were at home!
  • Options
    Must be like scoring againt Dulwich Hamlet for him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
     B)  B)

Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Aribo scores V Brazil. Looks like he made the wrong decision to go to scotland  :D
    I’m not convinced Two-Bob Rangers have done anything to his game that led to the goal
    Since joining “two-bob” Rangers, He’s beet Feyenoord in Europe, 2 caps for Nigeria, 2 goals for nigeria and is now top of the league.

Learn from Lee Bowyer or learn from Steven Gerrard...

Two bob right enough, he could be sitting 10th in the championship. 

Rather be in the Championship tbh.
    Too right.

Feyenoord are not exactly a scalp, they’re average. The only reason why they got into the Europa League is because they had Van Persie scoring all their goals last season.

Aribo would still have been called up whether he was playing in the Championship or at Rangers. That argument is pointless. All you need to do look at how many call ups there are in the Championship to realise this.

100% learn from Lee Bowyer. That’s not bias, that’s because there has been a clear progression and development of players under Bowyer with no budget. Gerrard has spent money and has not shown any of the same coaching qualities or abilities in developing players as Bowyer has. Their record is also pretty much the same as well, and for a club like Rangers in the SPL in comparison to a club like Charlton in League One and then the Championship, it puts a good case forward that Bowyer is the better manager.

Being a better player doesn’t make you a better manager or coach. It’s being able to transfer that ability across to others.

Sitting top now, but won’t be at the end of the season.

Might be playing in Europe, but won’t be for long. Might be playing in front of more fans, but it’s still a step back in development and competitive standard in Scotland. 
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Aribo scores V Brazil. Looks like he made the wrong decision to go to scotland  :D
    I’m not convinced Two-Bob Rangers have done anything to his game that led to the goal
    Since joining “two-bob” Rangers, He’s beet Feyenoord in Europe, 2 caps for Nigeria, 2 goals for nigeria and is now top of the league.

Too right.

Feyenoord are not exactly a scalp, they’re average. The only reason why they got into the Europa League is because they had Van Persie scoring all their goals last season.

Aribo would still have been called up whether he was playing in the Championship or at Rangers. That argument is pointless. All you need to do look at how many call ups there are in the Championship to realise this.

100% learn from Lee Bowyer. That’s not bias, that’s because there has been a clear progression and development of players under Bowyer with no budget. Gerrard has spent money and has not shown any of the same coaching qualities or abilities in developing players as Bowyer has. Their record is also pretty much the same as well, and for a club like Rangers in the SPL in comparison to a club like Charlton in League One and then the Championship, it puts a good case forward that Bowyer is the better manager.

Being a better player doesn’t make you a better manager or coach. It’s being able to transfer that ability across to others.

Might be playing in Europe, but won’t be for long. Might be playing in front of more fans, but it’s still a step back in development and competitive standard in Scotland. 
    Gerrard has shown no qualities in developing players?

he took a squad that got knocked out by progres neiderkorn of luxembourgh in r1 europa league qualifier, to the group stages the next season, and took it down to the last game to get out. 

THEN he spent money. 

He has taken Rangers to top of the league (properly) for the first time in what, 7 years?

We are now in a group with Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord (could be a CL group, no?) which we will probably get out of. 

so i kindly decline your notion that Gerrard is not a good manager, While LB languishes mid table in the championship, just suffered a narrow defeat to Welsh giants Swansea. You’re right Lee Bowyer all day :D

Havent got involved in this arguement until i saw this comment, what makes u think you will probably get out of it, i would be surprised if you did.

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 
    Maybe draw at home to Young Boys

FYI I prefer Rangers to Celtic always have so its nothing against you personally, just dont think u are ready just yet to challenge teams like Porto

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    AllysArmy said:
     B)  B)

Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

he took a squad that got knocked out by progres neiderkorn of luxembourgh in r1 europa league qualifier, to the group stages the next season, and took it down to the last game to get out. 

THEN he spent money. 

He has taken Rangers to top of the league (properly) for the first time in what, 7 years?

We are now in a group with Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord (could be a CL group, no?) which we will probably get out of. 

so i kindly decline your notion that Gerrard is not a good manager, While LB languishes mid table in the championship, just suffered a narrow defeat to Welsh giants Swansea. You’re right Lee Bowyer all day :D

Havent got involved in this arguement until i saw this comment, what makes u think you will probably get out of it, i would be surprised if you did.

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 

FYI I prefer Rangers to Celtic always have so its nothing against you personally, just dont think u are ready just yet to challenge teams like Porto

It’s 2:21 AM. You have just qualified for the Europa league knockout stages. You’re sat indoors on a Charlton forum posting emojis in a thread about Joe Aribo

I know there’s probably not a lot to do in Scotland but at what point do you start asking where did it all go wrong? 

Lets hope Rangers are still in Europe come May 2020 because Scotland won't be  :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    AllysArmy said:
     B)  B)

Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 

It’s 2:21 AM. You have just qualified for the Europa league knockout stages. You’re sat indoors on a Charlton forum posting emojis in a thread about Joe Aribo

I know there’s probably not a lot to do in Scotland but at what point do you start asking where did it all go wrong?
    Just a wee drunken bump as i got into bed for work. 

Sorry mate should have thought about you before doing that. 

We’re gonnae take Lyle Taylor too. 
  • Options
    Played okay last night. Has shown in flashes this season that theirs a player in there. But has been a passenger in many games for us.  Hopefully just taking time to settle in.  Without meaning any disrespect coming from yourselfs to a club like us can kill players.  Draws are seen as good as a loss so it's not accepted.  and with playing infront of 50k every second week and slack passes are groaned at a player lacking in confidence will struggle.  With you guys at places a draws maybe a good result.  Up here it's not accepted.  Alot of good players fail up here with the mental aspect of the pressure.  Look at waghorn he does good in the championship but just couldn't do it for us
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    AllysArmy said:
    Laddick01 said:
    AllysArmy said:
     B)  B)

Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Too right.

THEN he spent money. 

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 

Just a wee as i got into bed for work. 

Sorry mate should have thought about you before doing that. 

We’re gonnae take Lyle Taylor too. 

• Options
    Great pass by Aribo for Morelos to score,typical Morelos then gets a second yellow for his celebrations 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If that was any player other than Morelos, i can't imagine the ref would've given a yellow. 
  • Options
    Second yellow for Morelos was ridiculous.

Aribo is playing very well currently. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    If that was any player other than Morelos, i can't imagine the ref would've given a yellow. 
    Refereed to a different standard up here mate. 

Most players who score at Ibrox celebrate like that. 

Aribo really starting to settle now, a year or two and he’ll be back down to England, sadly. 
  • Options
    Playing very well in the first half hour of the Old Firm. Rangers are very much in control (again) and I fully expect them to mess it up (again).
  • Options
    Morelos is as bad at football as his barber is at cutting hair
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Celtic looking very average so far.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Morelos is as bad at football as his barber is at cutting hair
    Righto...

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2637098.html
  • Options
    Get in !!!!!
  • Options
    Rangers well on top in what is a terrific game .. Joe A is having a good one
  • Options
    morelos is looking a lot more in the zone than usual 
    love this fixture ,  utter guff with a sprinkling of class 
    but the pure passion , foaming at the mouth of it is brilliant