Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him, he's playing regularly for a massive club and has got into his international team. Top of the league and playing in europe. Yes, the quality of the league up there is worse than the championship, but at least he's not become part of the premier league 'player farms' and isn't sitting on his arse all week or being loaned out all over the place.
  • Options
    To be honest I didn’t know Joe was interested in playing for Nigeria till he got called up. Still had outside hope he’d end up with England down the line. If this poor rangers fan really believes that playing in the SPL got him the call up where playing in the championship wouldn’t then he’s too far gone to even debate with. 
    They think he got the call up due to playing in Europe, despite there being plenty of internationals in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    I don't think anyone doubts that Aribo will get his move to the PL whilst at Rangers. Just that it might take him (and in my opinion unnecessarily) longer.

He's a good player so he will have got his move to the PL wherever he ended up, and if he's in no rush then Rangers probably wasn't the worst decision. However, if he wanted to get to the PL as soon as possible rather than play in Scotland for 2-3 seasons then a move to the Championship probably would've been wiser. 

The constant need to 'prove' that his move to Rangers wasn't a mistake speaks volumes. 
    Illustrated by this: Lyle Taylor tweets   "The boys has gone from scoring goals in League 1, to scoring against Brazil... Just think about this for a second... WHAT. A. PLAYER."

This somehow becomes "Lyle Taylor admits he's been blown away by Joe Aribo since his move to Rangers"

Where the f**k did Lyle say that? 

Desperate.  

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-bowyers-joe-aribo-rangers-20578117
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    What a load of willy-waggling bollocks this thread is. My Dad's bigger than your Dad etc. Pretty sure Joe Aribo won't be complaining so far about his move to Glasgow. Bitching about it or the quality of the SPL etc is just sour grapes/sour blooms.
    He's moved for the dough, whilst people discuss the merits of SPL football.
    Wait, did the Oxford united team we beat 5-0 not beat you 2-1 literally 3 months later last year... same with Bury. We fielded half a youth team and trounced both of them. So by your logic then Derby should have come up and horsed us? That never happened either. For a league with such a gulf - I don’t see it? 

I haven’t yet checked any other Scottish club results against English, but I’m pretty confident it won’t be very one sided :cold_sweat:

”Friendlies don’t count” - They do when you consider we played half our youth team. I’m not even joking when i say Chalrton wouldn’t get a European spot if they played in the SPL. That’s no disrespect to you or your team.

All i hear is the SPL is L1 or L2 standard, but it’s not and that gets proven any time. If he moved for the dough he wouldn’t have chosen Rangers, I’ll tell you that right now. I understand we paid no fee - however even at that, I’m confident most championship clubs could pay the 8m compo or whatever you were due, AND give him a better wage than we offered. 
    It doesn’t work like that though does it. And if you insist it does - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49045792
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    What a load of willy-waggling bollocks this thread is. My Dad's bigger than your Dad etc. Pretty sure Joe Aribo won't be complaining so far about his move to Glasgow. Bitching about it or the quality of the SPL etc is just sour grapes/sour blooms.
    Wait, did the Oxford united team we beat 5-0 not beat you 2-1 literally 3 months later last year... same with Bury. We fielded half a youth team and trounced both of them. So by your logic then Derby should have come up and horsed us? That never happened either. For a league with such a gulf - I don’t see it? 

I haven’t yet checked any other Scottish club results against English, but I’m pretty confident it won’t be very one sided :cold_sweat:

”Friendlies don’t count” - They do when you consider we played half our youth team. I’m not even joking when i say Chalrton wouldn’t get a European spot if they played in the SPL. That’s no disrespect to you or your team.

All i hear is the SPL is L1 or L2 standard, but it’s not and that gets proven any time. If he moved for the dough he wouldn’t have chosen Rangers, I’ll tell you that right now. I understand we paid no fee - however even at that, I’m confident most championship clubs could pay the 8m compo or whatever you were due, AND give him a better wage than we offered. 
    You’ve gone too far now! Charlton, top half in the Championship, would definitely qualify for Europe if we played in the SPL (well, qualify for the first qualifying round, starting our season in July, because that’s when Scottish teams have to begin their European campaigns...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    playing today against Hearts. couple of good passes. terrible game though. BT sport if interested. 
  • Options
    Absolutely dire. Unless they find a winner here they didn’t hang onto that league lead very long...
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    You can’t tell me he has made a step up ‘in a footballing sense’ when you compare our two last games against Fulham and Derby compared to that pile of league 2 standard dross which Rangers and Hearts just served up.
  • Options
    Wasnt highly rated on the BBC marks, unless Celtic fans helped with those figures

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50116541
  • Options
    Gutted to lose Joe, but wouldn’t swap Gallagher for him to be fair. 
  • Options
    Gallagher is not ours to swap. 
  • Options
    Rangers currently second in a two horse race
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Gallagher is miles better. How many goals for Joe score in league one last season compared to Connor in the league above already this season?
  • Options
    When Aribo signed for Rangers I was well chuffed for him because under Gerrard I knew he at the right place to improve as a player(not saying Bowyer wouldn't improve him because we all know he would of done)
    But Roland is to blame for not getting a contract sorted out beforehand.
    Also I feel if Aribo did stay with us there would be no Gallagher and where would be if that was the case?
    Also we all know Aribo will be playing PL football in the next few years so why not come back to us IF the miracle does happen and we do get back in the top flight?
    Aribo is going to be a top player in the future, Rangers are very lucky to have him at this present time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When Aribo signed for Rangers I was well chuffed for him because under Gerrard I knew he at the right place to improve as a player(not saying Bowyer wouldn't improve him because we all know he would of done)
    But Roland is to blame for not getting a contract sorted out beforehand.
    Also I feel if Aribo did stay with us there would be no Gallagher and where would be if that was the case?
    Also we all know Aribo will be playing PL football in the next few years so why not come back to us IF the miracle does happen and we do get back in the top flight?
    Aribo is going to be a top player in the future, Rangers are very lucky to have him at this present time
    I think we could have signed Gallagher and kept Aribo. I would suggest Oztumer or Aneke would have been the one we wouldn’t have signed, probably the former. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gallagher is not ours to swap. 
    Not the point
  • Options
    Gallagher and Aribo would be a fanatastic midfield pairing. 
  • Options
    I always thought that Joe looked best when he played deeper and carried the ball between the lines. Having an intelligent player like Conor ahead of him would have created a lot of attacking threat.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    AllysArmy said:

Bringing friendlies into it is completely pointless........

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-vs-sunderland-live-14936368

Now I know St Mirren are one of the lower teams but I don't recall anyone going to St Mirren Park and get this many.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I liked Joe and he did a great job for us in league 1. But it seems to me that since he left he’s been elevated in our collective minds to the status of potential world beater. I really don’t think he’s in that league at all. I can see him, just about, playing for a Brighton or a Watford eventually but I think that’s his max. He made his choice with Rangers and he’s doing ok there without tearing up any trees  Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to still have him around but I don’t get the feeling with Conor and Jonny et al that we’re any the weaker for his departure. Don’t let’s rewrite history folks. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him and i hope his career flourishes, pub league or no. At least it has initiated some willy waving on this thread to get amused over.
  • Options
    Aribo ain’t even getting minutes in Europe anymore...

I thought the 30 odds games of dross were meant to be worth it to get some European experience but he ain’t even getting that!