Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    Its very enjoyable how deluded Rangers & Celtic are, neither would get promoted from championship and I think Rangers would be in relegation trouble
    Could be right about Rangers. But Celtic would be up by the second year, easy.

Their gigantic attendances would lead to large matchday income advantages.
    Being in English football, they would attract more bigger-money sponsors right away.
    Celtic is a bigger club than ANY club in the Championship globally (except maybe Leeds) and good players would die to play there. Within two transfer windows they would have the best team in the division by a landslide.

Once in the PL, this dynamic would get even bigger. I think in time they would be top 7 regularly. Just like every other club that averages 58,000+ per match.
    Like Newcastle........
    They don’t average 58,000.
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    One of their 5 relevant games this season and he played 7 minutes.  Thought he was a PL player in the making for us, I hope his move to Scotland does not become a failure.
    Rangers fans don’t rate him . It’s a very bad move in my opinion.
    Rangers fan here. Can confirm we do rate him, he’s one of our better midfielders if a little raw. We play Thursday-Sunday and did last year. Our squad was stretched. We have plenty of very good midfielders which allows us to use our squad depth, and is something Gerrard has done and will continue to do. 

Side note, since bowyer said this was a bad move for him - he’s been called up and beat Feyenoord in the Europa league, and already scored a couple in the qualifiers.  He will move on to an English side for £10m+ In the future if he continues the way he has. He still has lots of learning to do. I cannot understand why so many Charlton fans are saying this is a bad move for him? You can bang on about opposition but outside 3 or 4 clubs in the championship, your league isn’t up to much either. On top of that he will be visiting Porto, Rotterdam and Bern for europa league matches. It’s a win-win. Cheap signing for us which has proven to be a great move this far, and a good platform for Aribo to try and get that move to a bigger league.
    Just to put you right here re The Championship, it is rated as the seventh most highly rated/powerful league in world football.
    So powerful you cannot compete with Rangers or Celtic for wages, you cannot enter European competitions. You are limited for being in such a “powerful” league. A league that wasn’t deemed worthy of a cap for Aribo. Funny that. 

Charlton to Rangers is a step up, a big one at that. No offence to you and i’m sure Charlton is a great club with great traditions etc but you aren’t even on the same level as Rangers or Celtic. 
    In terms of size of club and fanbase you are correct.

As regards the quality of football then you are sadly mistaken.

Celtic and Rangers I feel would struggle badly in the Premier League.  Aberdeen and Hearts might survive in the Championship.  The rest are League 1 material.
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:
    One of their 5 relevant games this season and he played 7 minutes.  Thought he was a PL player in the making for us, I hope his move to Scotland does not become a failure.
    Rangers fan here. Can confirm we do rate him, he’s one of our better midfielders if a little raw. We play Thursday-Sunday and did last year. Our squad was stretched. We have plenty of very good midfielders which allows us to use our squad depth, and is something Gerrard has done and will continue to do. 

Side note, since bowyer said this was a bad move for him - he’s been called up and beat Feyenoord in the Europa league, and already scored a couple in the qualifiers.  He will move on to an English side for £10m+ In the future if he continues the way he has. He still has lots of learning to do. I cannot understand why so many Charlton fans are saying this is a bad move for him? You can bang on about opposition but outside 3 or 4 clubs in the championship, your league isn’t up to much either. On top of that he will be visiting Porto, Rotterdam and Bern for europa league matches. It’s a win-win. Cheap signing for us which has proven to be a great move this far, and a good platform for Aribo to try and get that move to a bigger league.
    Just to put you right here re The Championship, it is rated as the seventh most highly rated/powerful league in world football.
    So powerful you cannot compete with Rangers or Celtic for wages, you cannot enter European competitions. You are limited for being in such a “powerful” league. A league that wasn’t deemed worthy of a cap for Aribo. Funny that. 

Charlton to Rangers is a step up, a big one at that. No offence to you and i’m sure Charlton is a great club with great traditions etc but you aren’t even on the same level as Rangers or Celtic. 

Celtic and Rangers I feel would struggle badly in the Premier League.  Aberdeen and Hearts might survive in the Championship.  The rest are League 1 material.
    Never understand why people say this.

Yes their current sides would obviously struggle in the premier league, and perhaps wouldn't even get promoted out of the championship.

But put both those sides in the premier league with 150m income every season, added to their fanbases and both sides would soon be well established PL clubs.
  • Options
    Celtic is a big game, that's a given. But seriously?  Aside from maybe Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen the rest are tiny clubs.  That's half the season spent crushing minnows.  How rewarding is that?

Scottish Premiership cumulative attendances
    Total home crowdAverage home crowd
    Celtic1,095,22957,644
    Rangers941,72049,564
    Hibernian337,72417,775
    Hearts333,72417,564
    Aberdeen283,56714,925
    Kilmarnock130,9996,895
    Dundee114,5096,027
    Motherwell103,5125,448
    St Mirren101,6805,352
    St Johnstone73,9373,891
    Livingston69,6163,664
    Hamilton Acad53,7602,829

Scottish Championship cumulative attendance
    Dundee United91,4155,078
    Dunfermline90,1535,008
    Falkirk85,3614,742
    Ross County70,0923,894
    Partick Thistle54,7713,042
    Inverness CT45,8642,548
    Ayr United39,0162,168
    Morton35,0651,948
    Queen of the South29,7991,656
    Alloa Athletic21,2151,179
    Scottish League One cumulative attendances
    Raith Rovers28,0591,559
    Arbroath17,392966
    Montrose14,238791
    Airdrieonians13,743764
    East Fife12,565698
    Forfar Athletic11,976665
    Dumbarton11,194622
    Brechin City10,457581
    Stenhousemuir10,286571
    Stranraer6,108339

Scottish League Two cumulative attendances
    Peterhead12,021668
    Clyde11,485638
    Elgin City11,211623
    Queen's Park11,001611
    Stirling Albion10,583588
    Berwick Rangers8,599478
    Edinburgh City7,223401
    Annan Athletic7,168398
    Cowdenbeath6,384355
    Albion Rovers5,151286
    Financially, many times more rewarding than staying here playing and losing at glamorous places like Wigan.
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    AllysArmy said:

Never understand why people say this.

Yes their current sides would obviously struggle in the premier league, and perhaps wouldn't even get promoted out of the championship.

But put both those sides in the premier league with 150m income every season, added to their fanbases and both sides would soon be well established PL clubs.
    So would we...with a few less on the fan base (to start with)
  • Options
    Subbed after 22-minutes today...was he struggling against the mighty Livingston? Or overawed by how many spectators at the ground?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Injured  .
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Subbed after 22-minutes today...was he struggling against the mighty Livingston? Or overawed by how many spectators at the ground?
    Well no obviously he was injured.

Bit of a stupid comment even if u was joking
  • Options
    You guys need to move on.  Rangers are much bigger than Charlton and he is making much more money there, is probably happier there, is winning, and within 1-2 years will be sold at a huge profit and likely play in the PL. He does not miss us. Time for you guys to deal with it and stop making some bizarre fetish over his decision.
    You would think a much bigger club should be required to pay much better compensation than the pathetic amount they have done.

Bigger clubs poncing off other clubs is ruining clubs across Britain.
  • Options
    20' Joe Aribo is receiving treatment after an elbow as he attempts to head the ball. | 0-1

22' SUB: Steven Davis comes on to replace Joe Aribo who is back on his feet and able to walk off the field after treatment | 0-1
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    20' Joe Aribo is receiving treatment after an elbow as he attempts to head the ball. | 0-1

22' SUB: Steven Davis comes on to replace Joe Aribo who is back on his feet and able to walk off the field after treatment | 0-1
    How crap can it be up there when 60 odd year old snooker players still get a game 
    Ended up as Man of the Match.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Not for the first time - he played for them a few weeks ago and scored.
  • Options
    Looks like he’s going to be out for a while. He received 20 stitches when he came off against  Aberdeen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aribo scores V Brazil. Looks like he made the wrong decision to go to scotland  :D
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    You guys need to move on.  Rangers are much bigger than Charlton and he is making much more money there, is probably happier there, is winning, and within 1-2 years will be sold at a huge profit and likely play in the PL. He does not miss us. Time for you guys to deal with it and stop making some bizarre fetish over his decision.
    You would think a much bigger club should be required to pay much better compensation than the pathetic amount they have done.

Bigger clubs poncing off other clubs is ruining clubs across Britain.
     Cross border Compo is capped. As if a clubs going to pay more than they have to? 
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    Aribo scores V Brazil. Looks like he made the wrong decision to go to scotland  :D
    I’m not convinced Two-Bob Rangers have done anything to his game that led to the goal
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:
    I’m not convinced Two-Bob Rangers have done anything to his game that led to the goal
    Since joining “two-bob” Rangers, He’s beet Feyenoord in Europe, 2 caps for Nigeria, 2 goals for nigeria and is now top of the league.

Learn from Lee Bowyer or learn from Steven Gerrard...

Two bob right enough, he could be sitting 10th in the championship. 

• Options
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:
    Since joining “two-bob” Rangers, He’s beet Feyenoord in Europe, 2 caps for Nigeria, 2 goals for nigeria and is now top of the league.

Hello @AllysArmy

I am sure Bowyer does not dispute that in terms of history and crowd size Rangers is a far bigger club than Charlton. No sane person could dispute that. I think his concern is more about the rest of the league apart from Celtic.

It was also about the alternative, he would have been bought by a good Championship side such as Derby or Forest. So each week he would be playing against much better teams than most of your opposition. Of course the irony is that it would have been true had he stayed but then we get to our cretinous owner as well as the malign influence of agents. 

But European football is a plus. Unlike some here I don't diss the Europa League, that's a great opportunity for someone who was in League One last season.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Hello @AllysArmy

I am sure Bowyer does not dispute that in terms of history and crowd size Rangers is a far bigger club than Charlton. No sane person could dispute that. I think his concern is more about the rest of the league apart from Celtic.

It was also about the alternative, he would have been bought by a good Championship side such as Derby or Forest. So each week he would be playing against much better teams than most of your opposition. Of course the irony is that it would have been true had he stayed but then we get to our cretinous owner as well as the malign influence of agents. 

But European football is a plus. Unlike some here I don't diss the Europa League, that's a great opportunity for someone who was in League One last season.

I take on board the point about opposition - however it’s often spoken on here, and other message boards, like your league is filled with Derby’s and Forest’s.

We both know that’s not true. We both also know Joe Aribo will most likely go straight to the premiership from us. The best fullback in England came from Scottish 3rd division. Arsenal have just paid 25m for another Scottish fullback. There is quality here. 

Rangers or Celtic is a good platform for any player to show their worth, even players from the championship. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Rather be in the Championship tbh.
    Too right.

Feyenoord are not exactly a scalp, they’re average. The only reason why they got into the Europa League is because they had Van Persie scoring all their goals last season.

Aribo would still have been called up whether he was playing in the Championship or at Rangers. That argument is pointless. All you need to do look at how many call ups there are in the Championship to realise this.

100% learn from Lee Bowyer. That’s not bias, that’s because there has been a clear progression and development of players under Bowyer with no budget. Gerrard has spent money and has not shown any of the same coaching qualities or abilities in developing players as Bowyer has. Their record is also pretty much the same as well, and for a club like Rangers in the SPL in comparison to a club like Charlton in League One and then the Championship, it puts a good case forward that Bowyer is the better manager.

Being a better player doesn’t make you a better manager or coach. It’s being able to transfer that ability across to others.

Sitting top now, but won’t be at the end of the season.

Might be playing in Europe, but won’t be for long. Might be playing in front of more fans, but it’s still a step back in development and competitive standard in Scotland. 
    Gerrard has shown no qualities in developing players?

he took a squad that got knocked out by progres neiderkorn of luxembourgh in r1 europa league qualifier, to the group stages the next season, and took it down to the last game to get out. 

THEN he spent money. 

He has taken Rangers to top of the league (properly) for the first time in what, 7 years?

We are now in a group with Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord (could be a CL group, no?) which we will probably get out of. 

so i kindly decline your notion that Gerrard is not a good manager, While LB languishes mid table in the championship, just suffered a narrow defeat to Welsh giants Swansea. You’re right Lee Bowyer all day :D

• Options
    edited October 2019
    AllysArmy said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said: 
    AllysArmy said:
    Swisdom said:
    AllysArmy said:

Rather be in the Championship tbh.
    Too right.

Feyenoord are not exactly a scalp, they’re average. The only reason why they got into the Europa League is because they had Van Persie scoring all their goals last season.

Aribo would still have been called up whether he was playing in the Championship or at Rangers. That argument is pointless. All you need to do look at how many call ups there are in the Championship to realise this.

100% learn from Lee Bowyer. That’s not bias, that’s because there has been a clear progression and development of players under Bowyer with no budget. Gerrard has spent money and has not shown any of the same coaching qualities or abilities in developing players as Bowyer has. Their record is also pretty much the same as well, and for a club like Rangers in the SPL in comparison to a club like Charlton in League One and then the Championship, it puts a good case forward that Bowyer is the better manager.

Being a better player doesn’t make you a better manager or coach. It’s being able to transfer that ability across to others.

Sitting top now, but won’t be at the end of the season.

Might be playing in Europe, but won’t be for long. Might be playing in front of more fans, but it’s still a step back in development and competitive standard in Scotland. 
    Gerrard has shown no qualities in developing players?

he took a squad that got knocked out by progres neiderkorn of luxembourgh in r1 europa league qualifier, to the group stages the next season, and took it down to the last game to get out. 

THEN he spent money. 

He has taken Rangers to top of the league (properly) for the first time in what, 7 years?

We are now in a group with Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord (could be a CL group, no?) which we will probably get out of. 

so i kindly decline your notion that Gerrard is not a good manager, While LB languishes mid table in the championship, just suffered a narrow defeat to Welsh giants Swansea. You’re right Lee Bowyer all day :D

Havent got involved in this arguement until i saw this comment, what makes u think you will probably get out of it, i would be surprised if you did.

Lose twice to Porto
    Lose in Holland 
    Maybe draw at home to Young Boys

FYI I prefer Rangers to Celtic always have so its nothing against you personally, just dont think u are ready just yet to challenge teams like Porto