Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Options
    100% a pen for France last night
  • Options
    Really enjoyed this tournament so far and am surprised at my ignorance at how good the general standard has been.

Just watched highlights of pretty much every game and lots of good football, passages of play and drama.

Should get even better in the next rounds.
  • Options
    The Brazilian team coming out with instruments 
    foul throws
    a team winning 13-0 

certainly a tournament to remember so far 
  • Options
    Excellent second goal for Brazil.
  • Options
    Entertaining game
  • Options
    Started watching from the penalty and the match then gained momentum.
    2-1 and game on.

With VAR it's a bad idea to hold on to a shirt as you fall over.

I'm a fan of VAR but the speed and skill of the operators here are not as good as the men's WC. Despite that, they get most decisions right even if they didn't give 2 stonewall pen to the USA. Just as well !

• Options
    Christ, that goalkeeping
  • Options
    Christ, that goalkeeping
    Even I can't defend that !
    Still it's Desmond Tutu time and it's does make it more exciting when defenders or keepers make mistake (not when it's Sarr and Phillips)
  • Options
    The Brazil goalie has got the maddest eyes
  • Options
    Oh this is ridiculous. It’s offside, she wouldn’t have gone for the header if the attacking player wasn’t there. Games gone if this is allowed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Never a goal. Aussie forward definitely affecting play. 
  • Options
    Mistake by ref there.
  • Options
    Oh this is ridiculous. It’s offside, she wouldn’t have gone for the header if the attacking player wasn’t there. Games gone if this is allowed.
    Agree, ridiculous decision. 
  • Options
    I think they’ve decided that her presence hasn’t forced her to make such a poor header and not enough to distract the keeper from the save. 
  • Options
    I think they’ve decided that her presence hasn’t forced her to make such a poor header and not enough to distract the keeper from the save. 
    Her presence forced her to make the header, she saw the attacker and knew she had to clear it, had the attacker not been there she would have left it for the keeper
  • Options
    Her presence forced her to make the header, she saw the attacker and knew she had to clear it, had the attacker not been there she would have left it for the keeper
    I agree, just making sense of the decision. 
  • Options
    She was off side at the start of that phase of play so any movement towards the ball until that phase is over confirms the off side decision.
  • Options
    I would like to hear the official ruling on that because assistant refs are told not to flag straight away on off- sides. Because of that new ruling this is why the goal was given. 

Seems harsh because I agree the own goal wouldn't have occured.
  • Options
    Don’t know how that’s not looked at. 
  • Options
    Aussies impressive, Brazil a bit naff, ref dreadful giving that winning goal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It all seems a bit inconsistent. The third goal, I think it is down to interpretation and you could make a case either way. Mind you the reason not to give offside involves the shitness of the defender which I think creates the grey area that she wouldn't have done that anyway! Keeper's position was wrong or she would have saved it.
  • Options

So the offside laws are now that you can be directly behind the defender and in front of the goal, jump for the ball, and as long as you're a few feet away you're not interfering? 
  • Options
    I felt the poor ref wanted to phone a friend when she looked at the screen for the 3rd goal. 
    I didn't realize we had so many budding refs on here !
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I felt the poor ref wanted to phone a friend when she looked at the screen for the 3rd goal. 
    I didn't realize we had so many budding refs on here !
    Maybe she should have. She might have come to the right decision then :smile:
  • Options
    I would like to hear Graham 3 yellows Poll verdict on that for the 3rd Matildas goal.

Kettle thought it was a straight Red, Stroud thought it should be a bounce up on the penalty spot and Linnington hasn't got a clue as he was looking the other way.
  • Options
    I have finished the cooking and washing up so can now focus on SA v China.
  • Options
    No composure by Chinese striker, had the same problem against Germany in their 1-0 defeat 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I thought that went over the line for the second goal ?

Ok not all the ball
  • Options
    China playing some good football.
  • Options
    China lack a cutting edge up front but look decent everywhere else. South Africa have pace but are so raw. They need a big slice of luck now.