Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

1505152535456»

Comments

• Options
    Budweiser has signed a sponsorship deal with our domestic league here, the NWSL, and are apparently trying to guilt fans into going to matches to drink their piss water beer. I don't understand advertising. 

Also, in trying to find this ad I typed "NWSL Budweiser" into YouTube and couldn't find it, so had to type "Budweiser Soccer." So...maybe make sure your stuff it tagged correctly too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeUSh32b_Ig
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I didnt watch any of the last Womens world cup. I watched a lot of this year. Is that coz BBC pushed it i dont know but i enjoyed it. 
    Last one was in Canada so a lot of the games kicked off relatively late, and from memory were  on BBC 2 or 3 
    This year it has had good share of BBC budget im sure. Womens football will grow but until the WSL gets decent attendence then we will stay the same. .about top 4 in the world
    Not sure if attendances are the thing that improve the women's game. The first thing is to get more young girls playing at an early age. Then better and more accessible coaching at academies. 
    The process is improving rapidly and the last 10 years has seen massive improvements all round. I expect it is a question of running fast just to keep up though as I expect (but guessing) that countries like Germany, France and Netherlands are doing similar. 
  • Options
    The match would have to be after the men's game because the pitch has the sprinklers on when it's dry plus the players come out to practise from 2.15 to 2.30 normally so the women match would have to start at 12.15 ! After the game can't see many staying for a 5.15 KO.

This is for the premier Woman clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and City. Just can't see how it could be advantageous to female football. 

They should get a couple of games at their parents club ground. I saw Cafc win at the valley against Millwall, and Palace at Selhurst park.  Good to see but smallish crowds.

Long way still to go for the women's game in England. But the fact that more young girls know they can play the game where their Mother's and Grandmothers didn't have that opportunity unless they lived in a city or big town is encouraging.

The men's stadiums of the big clubs are just TOO big to sensibly do double headers. Even if 10000 people stayed behind to see Arsenal or City ladies, they'd be lost in the men's stadiums, especially as they'd be scattered around the stadium unless everyone was allowed/asked to move to the lower tier.

I think they've tried this with cricket as well with T20 matches at the same venue, with the women's game first. That possibly would work better as cricket fans are used to spending all day at a match, and the drinking/social side of watching cricket is for many just as important.
  • Options
    The solution seems obvious. Every match is to be decided by an aggregate score of a men's half and a women's half. Fewer injuries, more inclusivity, each side holding up their half of the sky :)
  • Options
    also, what about the changing rooms?, you would need 4 surely, irrespective of what time the games KO
  • Options
    Its one of the worst ideas they could of come up with.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The solution seems obvious. Every match is to be decided by an aggregate score of a men's half and a women's half. Fewer injuries, more inclusivity, each side holding up their half of the sky :)

You seem to be suggesting that there are only 2 genders? Pretty shocked by that Leuth. 
  • Options
    While I'm obviously being facetious, there really should be more importance placed on the women's game, culturally speaking. I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. Double header games is a nice if flawed idea