Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    The thing I don't get is that we are hearing now from people on here what a nasty bit of work he is off the pitch. And yet we heard nothing to that effect when he played in our colours. It's almost as if he became a demon as soon as he left us.

Either that or he has always been like that and those individuals are being somewhat hypocritical. I suppose that's fans for you!
    Probably the usual story of people picking up on something with a grain of truth in it and misrepresenting it for their own ends.

I am not in the know in any way at all but heard that Karlan got a bit 'Bertie Big Bollocks' as he progressed towards the first team at a young age. He was either still 16 or just 17 when he first played. I've read an article where Karlan admitted that he went on loan to Cambridge with completely the wrong attitude and had a lot of thinking and changing to do.

There will inevitably be speculation about the off-field stuff of a year or two back which will be uncomplimentary so it is easy to paint him in a bad light if you are of that mindset.

My view is that he is a young man who has made mistakes, learned from them and gone on to make the best of the talent he has. Sadly, through no fault of his, that was not to be with us.

• Options
    Its neither here nor there if u like him or not.... lets all just move on. 
    Cant blame or disagree with either opinon. 

But, so long as we boo him he’ll always come back to punish us. Think Defoe. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    He posts 4 goals, a double and job done. This is the club that helped him progress since he was 12 and surely has a lot of friends still at the club. I don't have any respect for the guy. Also Albie Morgan should not liking that comment IMO.
    Agree with the Albie Morgan part.
  • Options
    There’s something about him that’s very unlikeable. Simple as that! 
  • Options
    I for one would not be welcoming him back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    And I guarantee you that in the unlikely event ESI do have a large pot of money hidden away and they decide to use some of that to bring Grant back to the Valley, most of those currently slagging him off will welcome him back. 
    Grant leaving was down to one idiot- Duchatelet.  

We have some feral fans- it's part of the reason that I rarely go away.  We have had some players that have left in poor circumstances- K(A)G isn't one of those.  
    Karlan wasnt even offered a new deal by us if I remember correctly - Until Huddersfield came in for him he was facing the prospect of getting a nasty injury

We cant complain he went chasing money because we didnt offer him and alternative ourselves!!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    And I guarantee you that in the unlikely event ESI do have a large pot of money hidden away and they decide to use some of that to bring Grant back to the Valley, most of those currently slagging him off will welcome him back. 

We have some feral fans- it's part of the reason that I rarely go away.  We have had some players that have left in poor circumstances- K(A)G isn't one of those.  
    Was it Roland who sent him on loan to Crawley and signed his mate Leon Best? It was the footballing side that f**ked this one up. Robbo and Jacko didn't fancy him, clearly.

By the time he was starting he had 18 months left on his deal, why on earth would he sign a new one especially when the PL sides start sniffing around?

It's not just on Roland that one, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    I didn’t blame him for leaving one bit. I mean, look where he is now. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Karlan wasnt even offered a new deal by us if I remember correctly - Until Huddersfield came in for him he was facing the prospect of getting a nasty injury

We cant complain he went chasing money because we didnt offer him and alternative ourselves!!
    To be fair, when he was arrested in the summer, I can't imagine many people here being desperate to offer him a new contract!

Then he came back (with the case still alive), starts scoring and suddenly he gets interest from higher up clubs...
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Was it Roland who sent him on loan to Crawley and signed his mate Leon Best? It was the footballing side that f**ked this one up. Robbo and Jacko didn't fancy him, clearly.

By the time he was starting he had 18 months left on his deal, why on earth would he sign a new one especially when the PL sides start sniffing around?

It's not just on Roland that one, I'm afraid.
    But I am sure in August 2019 when Bowyer clearly did want him, he would have signed a new contract.  Robinson preferred big Josh, which agreed was utterly moronic.

Apologies if you are attached to Roland but I blame him wholly for us losing Aribo, Bauer, Grant, Taylor (soon) and Dijksteel or a combined pittance and leaving us with the (very very committed) dross that we've got now.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Karlan Ahearne Grant took the money on a potential once in a lifetime pay day.  Good luck to him.
  • Options
    When Grant left Sparrows Lane for the last time before heading up to Huddersfield, he was in bits.
  • Options
    He got pelters from a small percentage of fans on social media. He was here from a kid, doing the 'shhhh on Saturday was not cool in my opinion. 

Look at Bauer when he scored this season. 

A large part of the crowd clapped when his name was read out on Saturday, still he chose to do that. 

As we say fans are fickle, football is fickle. But this reaction was CAUSED by Grant, he did that on Saturday and wound up loads of the fan base that was at the game. 

In the cold light of day its a celebration and we are all adults. I'm now over it now

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it lacked class but was not offended.  Albie liking it on Social Media showed a lack of intelligence.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    He got pelters from a small percentage of fans on social media. He was here from a kid, doing the 'shhhh on Saturday was not cool in my opinion. 

A large part of the crowd clapped when his name was read out on Saturday, still he chose to do that. 

As we say fans are fickle, football is fickle. But this reaction was CAUSED by Grant, he did that on Saturday and wound up loads of the fan base that was at the game. 

In the cold light of day its a celebration and we are all adults. I'm now over it now

I didn't hear much applause for Karlan on Saturday, but I heard plenty of abuse even before he scored
  • Options
    Cracking player and I would imagine he will be probably playing in the prem sooner rather than later but he deffo has a face you want to whallop.

I don't dislike or like him, not fussed how his career pans out either but can see why he has wound people up. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    When Grant left Sparrows Lane for the last time before heading up to Huddersfield, he was in bits.
    I guess our fans were the same on the way back on Saturday!
  • Options
    Taylor was gutted that Grant left. Really gutted. For me that’s enough not to write Karlan off as a Charlton hater, I don’t think he is, just been abused by some fans and responds as most of us would. 

Bit dim of Albie to like a post of a guy who has scored a brace past your team in a 4-0 win but he is his mate and young. 

Still, expectations are high these days for social media ability, expectations that no fan lives up to but yet 20 year old footballers need tto meet, 

Righto, as you were. 
  • Options
    robroy said:

Some of our fan base need to get a life - if someone going shush winds you up it suggests you've got anger issues. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I’m sure his first weeks pay softened the blow (I don’t blame him for going btw). 
  • Options

Quotes from Huddersfield manager. Apologies if already posted. 

“He got a bit of stick at Charlton which I thought was unfair, actually”.

"To come through their academy - they should be proud of him the Charlton Athletic supporters.”

"For him to get the criticism that he did, personally I thought it was unfair - so this was a great way to answer them (with two goals)”.

• Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18042734/footballers-cleared-rape-4-years-after-ibiza-arrest/

Grant and Hackett-Fairchild both cleared of rape four years after being arrested in Ibiza.