Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Gomez should go to Arsenal, he'll end up being there for 10 years and be the focal point of their defence
    Yeah but he only needs to have one or two mistakes in a single game for the fans to turn on him there
  • Options
    Gomez signed a contract extension to 2024 last December so isn’t going anywhere soon unless Liverpool want him too.
  • Options
    Said on the BBC text pages that both Bournemouth and Wolves want to sign him in Jan, so looks like he is back to the Premier League! 
  • Options
    Said on the BBC text pages that both Bournemouth and Wolves want to sign him in Jan, so looks like he is back to the Premier League! 
    Good I have a irrational dislike of Huddersfield, hope they get relegated 
  • Options
    Gomez in last year of contract and now 4th choice having played only 47 games in over 4 years. Will he move on? 
    The arrival of Van Dijk did for Gomez - no way he is going to replace him which means there are three top players fighting for the other spot.

Personally, I think Gomez is still good enough to get a gig at Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs and maybe Man United too - certainly up there with Harry Maguire and some of the other dross at United or Arsenal.
     Wow so complimentary...

He's a good player, but his injuries are what have done him in. Not Van Dijk.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    First time I've heard that...Van Dijk signing was the end for Gomez. Not sure many others would agree, including Joe,VVD and Matip! 
  • Options
    Thought van Dijk and Gomez were their number one pairing, then Gomez got injured.
  • Options
    Players do sometimes improve when they change clubs. The Karlan we had last season was a decent goal scorer, but nobody before the transfer thought that a PL club would be after him, or that he'd step up so well.

The same with Nick Pope, a decent prospect when he left us, but he clearly moved to another level at Burnley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you think Karlan, will get a nice warm reception tonight from the crowd in appreciation of his efforts for us, or is anyone dressing up in a snake costume?
  • Options
    Absolutely guaranteed a couple of undeserved boos as I know what some of our fans are like. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear the rape song either.
  • Options
    I'll give him a brief clap and that will be it. He certainly doesn't deserve any stick. I'm not one to fawn over former players on their return unless they were an absolute legend in my eyes.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Absolutely guaranteed a couple of undeserved boos as I know what some of our fans are like. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear the rape song either.
    A couple? Reckon he's going to get absolute pelters unfortunately. Of course that guarantees him to score a hat-trick.

Any chanting about the incident last summer is reprehensible. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as I as I posted on the preview thread. 
    Jeez Guys. I was never Grant’s biggest fan. He improved hugely during his last six months with us but he’s no Maradona. We are giving it the “bet he wishes he’d stayed” routine. But remember when he left the club was an utter basket case. He got a fantastic monetary offer and the chance to play (albeit briefly) in the premier league. Any one of us would have taken that offer at that time with gusto. The fact that, a year later, we’ve experienced our Wembley day in the sun and Roland looks like he’s effed off is neither here not there. At the time he’d have been a fool to do anything else. He’s just another ex player as far as I’m concerned. Not one that I remember particularly fondly but he’s made the best of his (IMHO) limited talents. Good luck to him. 
  • Options
    The best thing to do with returning players (unless that were “legends”) is to ignore them. No need to clap them and no need to boo them. A kind of “we’ve forgotten you ever played for us” attitude. I certainly won’t be bothering to acknowledge Grant. Did well for us last season and played his part in getting us up, but we’ve all moved on. 
  • Options
    Looking at social media there is a lot more talk about this ‘return’ than merited IMO. I don’t get it.
  • Options
    If "she said no" is sung then that's deplorable. 

He really doesn't deserve pelters. As has been mentioned above, got a very healthy pay rise, and was reportedly in tears when leaving Sparrows Lane (where he'd been since the age of twelve).

And wasn't there that other report that he and Aribo both got contract offers, which were then replaced by offers worth half as much? Like fair play. I'd leave any organisation who did that to me as soon as was feasible.
    He deserves to get booed. Ibiza situation doesn’t put him in a good light even if charges were dropped. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He really doesn't deserve pelters. As has been mentioned above, got a very healthy pay rise, and was reportedly in tears when leaving Sparrows Lane (where he'd been since the age of twelve).

And wasn't there that other report that he and Aribo both got contract offers, which were then replaced by offers worth half as much? Like fair play. I'd leave any organisation who did that to me as soon as was feasible.
    He deserves to get booed. Ibiza situation doesn’t put him in a good light even if charges were dropped. 
    What a bellend. Bring back the flag button.
    Charming
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yet I don’t remember the “she said no” chants when he was here, you know, when the alleged incident happened. 
    That chant is in poor taste 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What a bellend. Bring back the flag button.
    Charming
    Same as u then