Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Bauer was respected by the fans and respected the fans back

Grant has been disrespected by fans why shouldn't he give the same back
    Grant left midway through the season, almost derailing our promotion bid in the process. Bauer left a hero.

In my opinion, anyone who leaves in January (unless forced out) is a cunt.
    Lol.

Like you wouldn't move company if offered over double your money and the chance to work in the top tier of your organization 
    Could also argue that he wouldnt have left had Roland not gone chasing the money
  • Options
    Snowflakes. 
  • Options
    Whoever threw a bottle at him after the first goal is a c*nt of the highest order. 
  • Options
    Well done Karlan. 
  • Options
    Thought the chanting against him today was embarrassing. And hypocritical , how many of those calling him a rapist and saying he should be in jail were saying the same things when he was scoring for us?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Embarrassing the amount of people defending him
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    To be fair our fans were singing the Craig David song loud and clear at the start of last season.
    7 days?
  • Options
    Singing about an ex player has always bin part of football.
    How many on the pre match thread said, Grant will score and that will see us lose. Well not exactly right but close. 
     In footballing terms only, you can't deny he was really dangerous and looked a class above our defence and for that matter our attack.
    Fella in the pub said he had been consistantly class and they expected to lose him, as he will take the golden premiership dollar at the end of the season, nothing new or surprising there then. It is what it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Champs85 said:
    What did Grant do wrong? Move to a premier league club for more money, at a time we had the worst owner in the world and his contract was due up. The audacity! And then when he gets completely unjustified abuse and fronts it up he’s a c*nt?! Do me a favour 
    I actually think we as a club were slightly unlucky with Karlan, but ultimately he did just the same as Dale Stephens or Yann Kermorgant did, would they get the abuse?
  • Options
    exactly @killerandflash. Why anyone abuses Grant is beyond me 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Grant left midway through the season, almost derailing our promotion bid in the process. Bauer left a hero.

Lol.

Like you wouldn't move company if offered over double your money and the chance to work in the top tier of your organization 
    I would, you're right, but that's a lazy comparison because football isn't like our careers. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing,I  don't begrudge non Charlton players doing it and I enjoy when players join us in January. It's the hypocrisy of football. End of the day, I'm a Charlton fan and if you leave Charlton for your own gain and it negatively affects us, my loyalty dictates my reaction to you.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Lol.

I would, you're right, but that's a lazy comparison because football isn't like our careers. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing,I  don't begrudge non Charlton players doing it and I enjoy when players join us in January. It's the hypocrisy of football. End of the day, I'm a Charlton fan and if you leave Charlton for your own gain and it negatively affects us, my loyalty dictates my reaction to you.
    And thats fair enough if you want to boo then go ahead boo, I hve booed plenty of old players and will continue to do so.

But if you boo and then he score then expect to get it back like Grant did and never cross the line with Libellous comments(he was cleared remember so any songs or comments regarding the alleged incident can be considered libellous)
  • Options
    Really hate some of our fans.

When he was our player he was fantastic and everyone loved him, now he has scored against us all I can see on twitter are Charlton fans calling him a rapist.

I dont care if he left us and scored, I dont even care that he celebrated considering how many boos he got at The Valley.

But to start mentioning his personal life is just embarrassing, what when he was a Charlton player he was innocent but now he has lef he is guilty

Its pathetic 
    Why did he change his name?
  • Options

When he was our player he was fantastic and everyone loved him, now he has scored against us all I can see on twitter are Charlton fans calling him a rapist.

I dont care if he left us and scored, I dont even care that he celebrated considering how many boos he got at The Valley.

But to start mentioning his personal life is just embarrassing, what when he was a Charlton player he was innocent but now he has lef he is guilty

Its pathetic 
    He’s not close with his dad, who gave him the ‘Ahearne’ part of his name
  • Options
    He posts 4 goals, a double and job done. This is the club that helped him progress since he was 12 and surely has a lot of friends still at the club. I don't have any respect for the guy. Also Albie Morgan should not liking that comment IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its pathetic 
    I imagine it had nothing to do with Charlton or Football.
  • Options
    Embarrassing the amount of abuse he got yesterday. 
  • Options
    Singing about an ex player has always bin part of football.
    How many on the pre match thread said, Grant will score and that will see us lose. Well not exactly right but close. 
     In footballing terms only, you can't deny he was really dangerous and looked a class above our defence and for that matter our attack.
    Fella in the pub said he had been consistantly class and they expected to lose him, as he will take the golden premiership dollar at the end of the season, nothing new or surprising there then. It is what it is.
    You're right it's rubbish classless behaviour.
  • Options
    What sort of 'grown' man goes into meltdown when someone he's been abusing responds with a 'shush'?

A pathetic one?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    He posts 4 goals, a double and job done. This is the club that helped him progress since he was 12 and surely has a lot of friends still at the club. I don't have any respect for the guy. Also Albie Morgan should not liking that comment IMO.
    This the Finger to the mouth I don’t care but the post did wind me up a tad anyway fuck him 
  • Options
    A good friend of mine knows someone quite senior at Huddersfield and they can’t stand Grant. Bloke an absolute piece on and off the pitch. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    A good friend of mine knows someone quite senior at Huddersfield and they can’t stand Grant. Bloke an absolute piece on and off the pitch. 
    That's fair enough.

But presumably they'll tolerate him all the time his goals keep them away from League One.

Be interesting to see if they get offers from Premier League clubs or other top league clubs in Europe for Grant. Could be a decent sell-on slice.