Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2019

Comments

• Options
    Going Santa ponsa next week for a week for my 15 month old sons first abroad holiday. 

Cant wait to switch off and spend some quality time with him. 

Santa Ponsa is a lovely resort I went there about 10 years ago with my kids. 
    Only thing is it's full of Scots. 
    Not that I'm racist towards our next door neighbour s. 
    But I was the only English man in my hotel. 

Take a flag of St.George with you mate and give it large. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Three days in Budapest from tomorrow. First time since 1986, before the wall came down. Be interesting to see if I can remember anything from last time. Though it was an interrail trip then, and I was mostly very hungry from having survived for three days on two bottles of metaxa 5 star and half a can of sweetcorn. All we did was eat.
    We did 3 nights there a couple of years ago. Didn’t go pre iron curtain so can’t compare. Ruin bars are generally good. Some are just weird

A good long weekend. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Going Santa ponsa next week for a week for my 15 month old sons first abroad holiday. 

Going away with kids and switch off in the same sentence. Lol, you’ve a lot to learn my friend :-)
    When I read that I thought exactly the same.
  • Options
    Off to Palma tomorrow for a week in our favourite hotel.
  • Options

We're off to Palma end of August.

Hot as hell out there at the moment!

• Options
    Heading off to Naples tomorrow for a week. Trips to Pompeii , mount vesuvius and Sorrento planned. Any suggestions for good bars / restaurants would be welcomed :smile:
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:

Going away with kids and switch off in the same sentence. Lol, you’ve a lot to learn my friend :-)
    Flew from Stansted to Faro yesterday. Airport full of stag and hen parties. Plane was full of parents with screaming kids. Now safely ensconced in an adults only hotel. Peace & quiet. Sometimes it’s good to be old. 
    stansted airport always seems worse for this sort of stuff - think its because of the high volume of ryanair flights that leave from the airport. 

on a sep note out in benidorm for the weekend of 12-15th july for a stag any shouts of stuff to do - a few are keen to go one of the rangers bar on the friday as obviously will be a crowd out. 
  • Options
    Boom said:

The forecast for next week is wall to wall sun and around 29-30 degrees with a gentle breeze. That'll do me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Boom said:

The forecast for next week is wall to wall sun and around 29-30 degrees with a gentle breeze. That'll do me.
    We have never really considered Palma Bob, what would you compare it too as a comparison.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Boom said:

We have never really considered Palma Bob, what would you compare it too as a comparison.
    Difficult to compare I would say. We are not beach resort people now the kids have grown and prefer being spoiled in a hotel - although there is a very nice beach past Palma Cathedral. We stay around the bay by the main marina, about a 20 minute very pleasant walk into the city centre of Palma. It you like history, it has it in spades - plus fantastic restaurants, bars and shops (although I limit the shopping to one day per trip!). It is a very civilised, laid back city and I could very easily live there. And all with the sun pretty much guaranteed to shine!
  • Options
    Absolutely love this thread and seeing others plans. Such variety and interesting places.

really makes me want to have more holidays!
  • Options
    Done cruise last couple weeks.
    Dubrovnik, Hvar, Split, Venice, Kefalonia, Slovenia, Rijeka  Scicilly, Valetta.

Jesus there are some stunning places out there, Montenegro was amazing. 

Cruise is what it is but knew the rooms aren't luxury, booze was top draw on boat , Red Stripe, Morretti, Corona, San Miguel, Mean Time IPA, Pedigree, food was OK. 

Just being able to say I've been to these places was amazing. 
  • Options
    Anyone got any recommendations (websites etc) for a cheap beach holiday (around 7 nights) anytime over the next couple of months? pretty flexible on places 
  • Options

Cruise is what it is but knew the rooms aren't luxury, booze was top draw on boat , Red Stripe, Morretti, Corona, San Miguel, Mean Time IPA, Pedigree, food was OK. 

Was this on Thompson/ marella cruise 
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:

Flew from Stansted to Faro yesterday. Airport full of stag and hen parties. Plane was full of parents with screaming kids. Now safely ensconced in an adults only hotel. Peace & quiet. Sometimes it’s good to be old. 
    stansted airport always seems worse for this sort of stuff - think its because of the high volume of ryanair flights that leave from the airport. 

on a sep note out in benidorm for the weekend of 12-15th july for a stag any shouts of stuff to do - a few are keen to go one of the rangers bar on the friday as obviously will be a crowd out. 
    Do they have a Wetherspoons out there?
  • Options
    Anyone got any recommendations (websites etc) for a cheap beach holiday (around 7 nights) anytime over the next couple of months? pretty flexible on places 
    NorwegianAir can get you to Rio for £350 return, a hotel would be maximum £50 per night.
  • Options

Sounds fab. Who was it with?
  • Options
    NorwegianAir can get you to Rio for £350 return, a hotel would be maximum £50 per night.
    You having a laugh rio for a week.
    Also your saying a £1000 for flights and accommodation with no spending money thats not really cheap is it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heading off to Naples tomorrow for a week. Trips to Pompeii , mount vesuvius and Sorrento planned. Any suggestions for good bars / restaurants would be welcomed :smile:
    I’d recommend a trip over to Capri mate, it’s well worth it
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

His missus
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Was this on Thompson/ marella cruise 
    TUi/Marella mate
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

As above, Tui/Marella mate

Costs about £1400 per person for 14 nights.

No money on board, no tips (although I did as you get good bar staff who remember you and make better cocktails)
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    You having a laugh rio for a week.
    Also your saying a £1000 for flights and accommodation with no spending money thats not really cheap is it
    £1,500 including spending money for two people is very reasonable.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

As above, Tui/Marella mate

Costs about £1400 per person for 14 nights.

No money on board, no tips (although I did as you get good bar staff who remember you and make better cocktails)
    Tempted by this. Are the excursions very expensive on top to get out and see the various stop offs?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Agree with you CPL, did a similar Adriatic Greek island cruise with Thomson for the same reason. Ours took in Ephesus, Athens, Corfu Olympia. Kotor is amazing and this cruise is the reason we are back in Piran after a day at Koper Slovenia. Great value. 

Another 2 we've done are the Norwegian Fjords and a Baltic Cruise taking in St Petersburg which was absolutely stunning. 
  • Options

Santa Ponsa is a lovely resort I went there about 10 years ago with my kids. 
    Only thing is it's full of Scots. 
    Not that I'm racist towards our next door neighbour s. 
    But I was the only English man in my hotel. 

Take a flag of St.George with you mate and give it large. 
    Had my honeymoon in Santa Ponsa 34 years ago, I bet it's changed a bit since then 😂
  • Options
    Latimer said:

Agree with you CPL, did a similar Adriatic Greek island cruise with Thomson for the same reason. Ours took in Ephesus, Athens, Corfu Olympia. Kotor is amazing and this cruise is the reason we are back in Piran after a day at Koper Slovenia. Great value. 

Another 2 we've done are the Norwegian Fjords and a Baltic Cruise taking in St Petersburg which was absolutely stunning. 
    Yeah we went Kotor and Koper mate, was great.

greek Islands sound great as well. Will look into the Baltic Cruise pal .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!