Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2019

Comments

• Anyone in Mykonos?

Lyle Taylor out there now.
  • Salou near Barcelona on Monday for 6 nights 

portaventura theme park for the kids

hoping to be drinking champagne with the missus at Southend airport at 8am as a celebration 🤞 

Enjoy the Champers!
  • Algarve for a week on Thursday. Near Albufeira. Any recommendations of places to go or places to avoid?
  • At the grand old age of 50, I find myself in Ibiza, found a beach bar playing pink floyd so I'm well happy. 
  • Staying near Roses,in Spain, mental fireworks tonight as its a bank holiday, and they are celebrating the festival of Joan, guessing this is a taste of Blackburn away!
  • SX_Addick said:
    Algarve for a week on Thursday. Near Albufeira. Any recommendations of places to go or places to avoid?
    @Algarveaddick asked similar the other week. 
  • Did a Featherdown holiday for 3 nights over easter, so good we are going again in summer to norfolk for 3 nights.  Those with kids who like the great outdoors i could not recommend it highly enough.  No electric but certainly no slumming it.
  • My wife and I are doing our first summer holiday together as just a couple for the first time this year for over 25 years. Going to Cyprus in August. As my wife is a teacher we have no choice but to go in the summer holidays but have counteracted the fear of bloody kids by going to a adults only hotel in Pathos. It looks very nice and TripAdvisor has nothing but positive comments.  I am so looking forward to it. 
     Got a week in Spain in Sep in a good friend of mines apartment on a golf course for just me and a mate. 
  • Just back from a week in kefalonia, would recommend stayed in lassi at thalassa boutique hotel was nice for the money paid £711 each with return flights, private transfer and b&b for the week, dinner each night for 2 courses and a bottle of wine/3 or 4 beers would be under 50 euros and really nice food. There was a fellow addick in the hotel as kept seeing the towel by the pool but never saw the person, also hotel is a 10 min walk from costa costa beach which is decent a proper well run beach with umbrellas and sunbeds. 
  • Riviera said:
    My wife and I are doing our first summer holiday together as just a couple for the first time this year for over 25 years. Going to Cyprus in August. As my wife is a teacher we have no choice but to go in the summer holidays but have counteracted the fear of bloody kids by going to a adults only hotel in Pathos. It looks very nice and TripAdvisor has nothing but positive comments.  I am so looking forward to it. 
     Got a week in Spain in Sep in a good friend of mines apartment on a golf course for just me and a mate. 
    What hotel in paphos mate.

Got back from the a few weeks ago and stayed at the Annabel. Was bloody lovely.

Expect very hot temperatures for August. Was too hot for me in late may.

I've got nothing booked now but always on the lookout. Been Vegas but want to do it again. New York is up the top of the list but want to do a European Christmas market this year, maybe Innsbruck or Prague.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to Tobago in May and off to the Serengheti for a safari in October. The timing is such that we will witness the Wilderbeest migration during our hols.
  • PeterGage said:
    Went to Tobago in May and off to the Serengheti for a safari in October. The timing is such that we will witness the Wilderbeest migration during our hols.
    Well we’re going on a beano to Margate next week

• Week in the Algarve, Olhos de Agua, and cannot flippin wait
  • MrOneLung said:
    SX_Addick said:
    Algarve for a week on Thursday. Near Albufeira. Any recommendations of places to go or places to avoid?
    @Algarveaddick asked similar the other week. 
    Zoomarine is a great day out. Slide n Splash and Aqualand water parks are good, if you like that kind of thing. Jeep safaris or quad-biking is popular - remember to bring your licence for the latter. There's an adventure playground between Albufeira and Olhos, with rope bridges and zip lines that young folk seem to enjoy. Karting and bowling at Albufeira marina if you fancy getting out of the sun for a few hours.

Nice towns or villages to visit are Caldas de Monchique, Silves, Alte, Querenca, Salir, Tavira. A trip out to Cape St. Vincente is worth doing, and you could take in Sagres and Lagos while you are down that way, if you have a car. 

Boat trips abound, something for everyone from slow sails and beach BBQs to mad speed boats zipping across the waves.

Most important of all, are my quiz nights. Arte Bar, Cerro Grande, Albufeira (not far from the marina) - 10PM Monday and Thursday... ;) Nice outside terrace with a lovely ocean view. We work there 11 to 7 Thursday, Saturday and Sunday too, so do pop in and say hello...   

• PeterGage said:
    Went to Tobago in May and off to the Serengheti for a safari in October. The timing is such that we will witness the Wilderbeest migration during our hols.

Think Welling are down there soon for a PSF.
  • PeterGage said:

Think Welling are down there soon for a PSF.

They are mate, July 6th. I'm at Wembley to see The Who that day so can't make it unfortunately.

• SX_Addick said:
    Oh - and places to avoid? Restaurants in the Old Town Square or on The Strip. Also Zansis, Il Brigante and Urban Pizza. If you want to message me and let me know exactly where you are I might be able to recommend a few local places @SX_Addick  
  • Just back from a week in kefalonia, would recommend stayed in lassi at thalassa boutique hotel was nice for the money paid £711 each with return flights, private transfer and b&b for the week, dinner each night for 2 courses and a bottle of wine/3 or 4 beers would be under 50 euros and really nice food. There was a fellow addick in the hotel as kept seeing the towel by the pool but never saw the person, also hotel is a 10 min walk from costa costa beach which is decent a proper well run beach with umbrellas and sunbeds. 
    A proper beach is one without sun beds and parasols. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:
    My wife and I are doing our first summer holiday together as just a couple for the first time this year for over 25 years. Going to Cyprus in August. As my wife is a teacher we have no choice but to go in the summer holidays but have counteracted the fear of bloody kids by going to a adults only hotel in Pathos. It looks very nice and TripAdvisor has nothing but positive comments.  I am so looking forward to it. 
    What hotel in paphos mate.

Got back from the a few weeks ago and stayed at the Annabel. Was bloody lovely.

Expect very hot temperatures for August. Was too hot for me in late may.

I've got nothing booked now but always on the lookout. Been Vegas but want to do it again. New York is up the top of the list but want to do a European Christmas market this year, maybe Innsbruck or Prague.
    European Christmas Markets take some beating mate. I lived in Germany for 5 years and they really know how to do Christmas markets. In my opinion, the German markets are the best and this is a really good website:

http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk/

Went to Vienna a couple of years ago and I have to say, the various Christmas markets there are excellent also. It's also a beautiful city and if you fancy it, get the train to Salzburg and spend the day there. Quite a small Christmas market but the 'old' part of the city and surrounding scenery is lovely. 

I was going to do Prague Christmas market, but on @PragueAddick's recommendation I ended up going to Vienna. Prague also a wonderful city but never been at Christmas. 
  • xmas markets have tried doing one last few years

Dortmund - took in a game whilst there
    Edinburgh - lovely city and will be going there in november with mrs - xmas markets are pretty poor
    Prague - the best ive been to 
    Birmingham - suprisingly good and can just do a day out at easy and cheap to get train from london. 
  • Solidgone said:
    Just back from a week in kefalonia, would recommend stayed in lassi at thalassa boutique hotel was nice for the money paid £711 each with return flights, private transfer and b&b for the week, dinner each night for 2 courses and a bottle of wine/3 or 4 beers would be under 50 euros and really nice food. There was a fellow addick in the hotel as kept seeing the towel by the pool but never saw the person, also hotel is a 10 min walk from costa costa beach which is decent a proper well run beach with umbrellas and sunbeds. 
    A proper beach is one without sun beds and parasols. 
    in 36 degree sun with sand too hot to walk on i beg to differ. 
  • Me and the missus back to Rome at end of August for 5 days, will be popping the question. Excited and terrified at the same time.
    Do it on the flight home Gary just in case she says no, no point in spoiling the holiday  :)
    Nice one, we were in White Rocks Hotel just outside of Lassi two weeks ago.
  • Did a Featherdown holiday for 3 nights over easter, so good we are going again in summer to norfolk for 3 nights.  Those with kids who like the great outdoors i could not recommend it highly enough.  No electric but certainly no slumming it.
    We are taking our two eldest Grandkids to Featherdown in Berkshire for 2 x nights glamping, good to see your comments.
  • Me and the missus back to Rome at end of August for 5 days, will be popping the question. Excited and terrified at the same time.
    Do it on the flight home Gary just in case she says no, no point in spoiling the holiday  :)

Or do it on the way out so if she says no, you can bang a load of brasses while you're out there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!