Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2019

Comments

• Did the Maldives in January. Yes, picture postcard beautiful and all that, with exceptional All Inclusive, but much too quiet for me. Great if you like lazing around on the beach all day or snorkelling, but I need more to get my teeth into.

Off to Skiathos in the summer, simply wonderful Greek island. Not too big, wonderful tavernas on secluded beaches, and Skiathos town is very nice. Use a quad bike to get about all over the island and usually take one of the numerous boat trips to one of the other islands nearby. 
    Skopelos by the catamaran makes for a pleasent day out.
  • Off to Marsa Alam, Egypt in September. Anything to worry about? The GF seems to think we’ll be fine. 
  • Has anyone been to Sidari in Corfu? Any advice? Me and the Mrs have booked up for a week for a cheap getaway in Mid-Sept. How much should I look to take?
  • Has anyone been to Sidari in Corfu? Any advice? Me and the Mrs have booked up for a week for a cheap getaway in Mid-Sept. How much should I look to take?
  • edited May 2019
    Has anyone been to Sidari in Corfu? Any advice? Me and the Mrs have booked up for a week for a cheap getaway in Mid-Sept. How much should I look to take?
    I would say about quarter of an ounce should do you.
    Stick it in your suitcase though, they search your pockets at customs.
  • James86 said:
    Off to Marsa Alam, Egypt in September. Anything to worry about? The GF seems to think we’ll be fine. 
    Not been to Marsa Alam but in the last twelve years I've been to Hurgada 4 times and Sharm 5 times.
    Never had a problem. 
  • have booked a private transfer 32 euros direct to hotel, saves messing about we are a 3 min walk to sagrado familia from our hotel so that will do us for sat, sun and monday, the mrs 30th is there anywhere mid range to head for dinner? 
  • edited May 2019
    We went to this restaurant near the Sagrada Familia.
    It was lovely, a small, friendly, reasonably priced, family type place.
    We went back 3 nights running, we liked it so much.
    Mind you that was 5 years ago, but if you're right there I recommend you taking a look.
    Looks like new owners from the photos, but I'd definitely try it out.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d1579783-Reviews-Bar_Restaurante_La_Llesca-Barcelona_Catalonia.html
  • top man @Covered End
    looks good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish I was going there now grrr.
  • Has anyone been to Mexico Quintana Roo region in July? Know its entering hurricane season then but any experiences of what the weather can be like? 
  • Has anyone been to Mexico Quintana Roo region in July? Know its entering hurricane season then but any experiences of what the weather can be like? 
    We went 10 years ago and had a wonderful time I didn’t see a cloud 2 weeks by day and the storms in the evenings made it less humid. My mate went three days later he spent a couple of days stuck in the hotel because it was a little bit windy and wet. 

Personally wouldn’t let it bother you 
  • Swisdom said:
    Has anyone been to Mexico Quintana Roo region in July? Know its entering hurricane season then but any experiences of what the weather can be like? 
    We went 10 years ago and had a wonderful time I didn’t see a cloud 2 weeks by day and the storms in the evenings made it less humid. My mate went three days later he spent a couple of days stuck in the hotel because it was a little bit windy and wet. 

Personally wouldn’t let it bother you 
    Also we are back there this July so if it’s crap you can come and find me and slap me 😀
  • Just out of interest, anyone on here been to Portugal? I heard the silver coast is quite good?
  • PeterGage said:
    In Tobago now - beautuful island and lovely people. Will be turtle watching tonight on the beach.

The huge Leatherback turtles came to the beach last night to lay their eggs in the sand - an amazing and humbling experience.

When laying, they apparently go into a trance-like state which allowed us to stand next to them and watch the eggs being deposited in the hole they dug. Then they covered their nest by using their huge flippers and finally hauled themselves bag to the sea. As I said, a humbling experience.
  • Off to Jamaica for 2 weeks a couple of days after we win at Wembley. 
  • edited May 2019
    Off to Jamaica for 2 weeks a couple of days after we win at Wembley. 
    Are you going of your own accord?
  • Just out of interest, anyone on here been to Portugal? I heard the silver coast is quite good?
    Yes - a bit less hectic and a bit more "refined" than were I live. I have never been, but have heard nothing but good reports from those who have.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Chuck his towel in the pool Laura..that's me girl.

• That not Bauer’s is it?
  • Appreciate any advice things to do and see in Corsica.
    Staying at Porto Vecchio.
    I know the beaches look good, but where do I get a full English for €5 and a pint of Carling for under €3.
    Thanks.
  • Booked 2 weeks in Menorca in August at the weekend, can't wait. Did Center Parcs a couple of weeks ago and also have my annual trip to the Goodwood Revival in Sept sorted.

I've also got a week booked off at October half term so may take my daughter away somewhere.

• Just back from a fabulous week in the Lake District- never been before, and it was excellent. Rented a cottage just near Ambleside which is full of excellent pubs, cafés and restaurants. Everywhere you go is beautiful, the dog loved it, there's fishing, canoeing on Windermere, great walks for all levels of fitness, and the sun shone every day. 
    Even without great weather we'd have had an excellent time. Can't wait to go back.
  • Just back from Barcelona really enjoyed it, no where near as pricey as thought was going to be rained a fair bit which was annoying, done the tour buses which were good value as pretty much took us all day to do 3 routes 
  • I’m off to Cadiz for a week and not been before. Any recommendations on what to see and bars/restaurants?
  • edited May 2019

So vegas done next up:

Blackpool in June (not really notworthy) but piss up with mates in a pool tournament Thursday- Sunday just constant drinking and go out in the eve

October - 1 day trip and night to Dublin with mate and his mrs and friends , should be decent

September or August week away, at present looking like September with my mate to somewhere like Tenerife ( looking for sun and reasonable night life, doesn't have to be mad), August all depends if we have a family holiday and if I do then I will have to blow my mate out.

Probably a few other potential ie. Butlins adult weekend in November, trip away early December TBC either to go watch snooker in York or try to convince my mate one of our mates to go Dam (not been before)

• Salou near Barcelona on Monday for 6 nights 

portaventura theme park for the kids

hoping to be drinking champagne with the missus at Southend airport at 8am as a celebration 🤞 
  • China.  Can't recommend enough, if you're a foody
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!