Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis 2019

Comments

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/48103327

A shocking change at Wimbledon. From next year the ballot will be done online!
    So even worse odds of getting a ticket...
    Yes, having the drag of sending in a SAE to get a form, then having to manually fill in a form and send it off will have reduced the numbers applying
  • Options
    Great match between Federer and Wavrinka, but they've gone off as it's pitch black and about to chuck it down!

• Options
    Djokovic absolutely killing Zverev here, still on track to hold all 4 majors at the same time.
  • Options
    Djokovic absolutely killing Zverev here, still on track to hold all 4 majors at the same time.
    No chance.

Nadals all the way.

He has still only ever lost 2 times in the French Open, 2009 and 2015

Not counting 2016 as he pulled out injured
  • Options
    I hope the rain doesn't help decide the winner, if one player ends up with less rest than the other
  • Options
    Thankfully I've got a match Sunday morning, so won't have to endure another Rafa bore fest.
  • Options
    I so enjoyed the English rose Konta win her quarter final, but I'm so disappointed to see the Australian born, Hungarian Konta lose her semi final !

Having watch Jo Konta's career from the early days I can always tell when she going to blow it. Missing the two  set points in the first set, she then lost confidence and she lost it more than her opponent won it.

3 losing grand slam semis on her CV now.
    At 28 I believe she will emulate Tim Henman and never get to a slam final.
    Under pressure she makes too many unforced errors.
  • Options
    2 unknowns on court now, Federer and Nadal
  • Options
    No chance.

Nadals all the way.

He has still only ever lost 2 times in the French Open, 2009 and 2015

Not counting 2016 as he pulled out injured
    Well yes i wasn't saying he's going to win, just that's he's still on track although he's in trouble against Thiem.

Naturally Nadal will always be overwhelming favourite on clay against anyone, especially after destroying Federer in straight sets today.

Weather conditions looked absolutely horrible there though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope the rain doesn't help decide the winner, if one player ends up with less rest than the other
    Play abandoned for the day with Djokovic Thiem one set all. They'll have to come back tomorrow, a disadvantage for the winner who will have one day's less rest for the final
  • Options
    Djokovic out. Thiem beats him in 5 sets.
  • Options
    Be amazed if Thiem beats Nadal, Nadal had a whole days rest
  • Options
    Nadal is unbeatable on clay. Horrible surface though, far too slow. 
  • Options
    Jo Konta will win the US Open, its written in the stars

Australian Open-Won by an American, the slam before the Australian Open is the US Open.

French Open-Won by an Australian, the slam before the French open is the Australian Open.

Wimbledon-to be won by a French Women

US Open-to be won by a British Women
  • Options
    12 French Open titles now for Nadal.

What an incredible achievement. He's won more majors by himself in Paris than many other greats in their entire careers.
  • Options
    Has there ever been a tennis player as stunningly beautiful as Donna Vekic?
  • Options
    Dan Evans wins at Nottingham. Lets hope he doesn't celebrate his victory with Michael Gove...
  • Options
    Hearing on the BBC brekkie news this morning Andy Murray has taken up the pursuit of 'escape rooms' i wonder if Roland has one of those at the valley?
  • Options
    Not the best start at Queens, the whole of day 1 rained off, and I think more rain will come today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Murray on court now

On BBC2
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Murray on court now

On BBC2
    Not doing too badly against the No. 1 pairing in the world! Loved Andy Castle reading out Tim Henman's text

He seems to be enjoying himself too! :)
  • Options
    I have invested so much time and energy in Andy Murray's career even having days off on Fridays so I could see his Semi finals.
    Has had a great career, and  have doubts whether he can reach the top 4 again.
    Playing 3 set matches with a top partner may be more fun now.
  • Options
    I have invested so much time and energy in Andy Murray's career even having days off on Fridays so I could see his Semi finals.
    I have grave doubts he will ever reach the top 20.....let alone the top 4.
  • Options
    Has there ever been a tennis player as stunningly beautiful as Donna Vekic?
    Is wawrinka still punching ?
  • Options
    For a competitor like Murray it can be hard to let go. I can't help but feel it would be best to play some doubles for fun and gradually transition into the next phase of his life. He's achieved enough in tennis.
  • Options
    I have grave doubts he will ever reach the top 20.....let alone the top 4.

He seems to be doing ptretty well at doubles. He just wants to get back to playing the game he loves. My guess would be if he doesn't get back to the level he wants in singles, he'll become a full-time doubles player

• Options
    His singles career is effectively over. He has the potential to be a great doubles player. 
  • Options
    Doubles in men's tennis is in a strange place, as while there are some great players there, you always feel that if the big stars of the singles circuit were able or wanted to play doubles they'd win a lot of the time. How many doubles titles would the likes of Federer or Andy Murray have won or going back Pete Sampras?
  • Options
    Who is Paul Jubb?

He is having the 2 days of his life.

He is 19 and ranked 579th.

1st round of Eastbourne qualifying he beat Denis Istomin who is ranked 105th

2nd round of Eastbourne Qualifying he is beating Andrey Rublev who is ranked 81st, he is 2 breaks up in the final set