Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis 2019

Comments

• Options
    Another superb win for Konta against Stephens after losing first set.
    Dan Evens is a clever tennis player and is in control against Sousa. A set and a break.
  • Options
    Dan Evens is a clever tennis player and is in control against Sousa. A set and a break.
    Well you jinxed that!

Sousa wins 3 games in a row and Evans is having to save three set points on serve.
  • Options
    He's managed it. Back to deuce.
  • Options
    Double fault gives the set away. Sousa wins it 6-4.
  • Options
    Well you jinxed that!

Sousa wins 3 games in a row and Evans is having to save three set points on serve.
    Guilty as charged but at least Dan has the break in the 3rd.
  • Options
    Well you jinxed that!

Guilty as charged but at least Dan hasd the break in the 3rd.

• Options
    All square again !
  • Options
    Good Evans, Dan has the break again !
  • Options
    Someone holding serve is more of a rarity!
  • Options
    Sousa getting stronger all the time, Evans under big pressure to hold at 5-6 and 1-1 in sets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evans has blown this big time. 
    Lack of mental strength when needed. 
  • Options
    You can never tell with Dan. TBF i think it more a case of Sousa playing so well.
    Unless Evans starts holding his serve he's going home.
  • Options
    Not sure what happened with the line judge, but she was quite attractive
  • Options
    Has Michael Gove Evans lost yet?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    This is a crazy game of tennis.
  • Options
    2-2 sets all 
  • Options
    I don't like this Andy Murray comeback, is it just about the money?  He can pull a crowd so they stick him on at end of the day so the punters stick around buying drinks or whatever.  Comeback properly or just quit, don't be some circus act for a pay day  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I don't like this Andy Murray comeback, is it just about the money?  He can pull a crowd so they stick him on at end of the day so the punters stick around buying drinks or whatever.  Comeback properly or just quit, don't be some circus act for a pay day  
    Troll or do you just not get it?
  • Options
    Just like David Beckham, Andy Murray will make as much if not more money when he retires. I don't think you understand what made Andy Murray a 3 times Grand slam winner, Olympic champion and Davis cup winner. 

Ps. You have won your bet by being quoted 3 times. Well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riske has just knocked the number 1 seed Ash Barty out
  • Options
    Riske has just knocked the number 1 seed Ash Barty out
    Massive shock, Barty had looked so good
  • Options
    Muchova beats Pliskova 13-11 in an epic 3rd set. If Pliskova had held her serve it would have been the 1st 12-12 tie break yet at Wimbledon
  • Options
    don't mind who wins, anyone except boring Serena
  • Options
    Boring? The greatest female tennis player of all time.

You may or may not like her but I would never describe her as boring.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    bobmunro said:
    Boring? The greatest female tennis player of all time.

You may or may not like her but I would never describe her as boring.
    Starting to think @snowinberlin is either fake or just a WUM.

Some stupid comments on this thread and others
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Out of interest what does everyone make of Johanna Konta's "nationality". Didnt really bother me at the time but recently googling her I just think it's weird.

Born in Australia to Hungarian parents. Lived (and first taught/coached as a tennis player) in Oz until age 14. Moved to Eastbourne (?!) with parents & still played under the Australian flag. Aged 21 became a British citizen ( when her mum & dad did) & now plays under our flag.

One reason she gave for playing under the British flag was because the UK was where she was "brought up". I would have thought her formative years & where she learnt to play the sport was where she was "brought up".......not just a place her parent decided to live. 

Nothing against her but just not sure I can really call her "one of our own"
  • Options
    Out of interest what does everyone make of Johanna Konta's "nationality". Didnt really bother me at the time but recently googling her I just think it's weird.

Born in Australia to Hungarian parents. Lived (and first taught/coached as a tennis player) in Oz until age 14. Moved to Eastbourne (?!) with parents & still played under the Australian flag. Aged 21 became a British citizen ( when her mum & dad did) & now plays under our flag.

One reason she gave for playing under the British flag was because the UK was where she was "brought up". I would have thought her formative years & where she learnt to play the sport was where she was "brought up".......not just a place her parent decided to live. 

• Options

Not a complete Brit, but more of a Brit than the likes of Rusedski (or Cameron Norrie, Chris Froome or various cricketers)

I was really glad that when we finally got a men's champion, it was someone who was genuinely British, someone who learned to play in this country. To me it made the achievement sweeter
  • Options

Not a complete Brit, but more of a Brit than the likes of Rusedski (or Cameron Norrie, Chris Froome or various cricketers)

I was really glad that when we finally got a men's champion, it was someone who was genuinely British, someone who learned to play in this country. To me it made the achievement sweeter
    More of a Brit than Norrie and Froome?

Both were born to British parents (Froome's Father played Hockey at U19 level for England) 

I'd class them as more British than Konta as they've got lineage rather than application