Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland Til I Die - Netflix

Comments

• Options
    lol...don’t think they are Mackems! 
  • Options
    Stevieg said:
    Great Band
    Great band, wrong thread!!
  • Options
    I thought that 👍
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    They saw I signed up and started complaining straight away, so they are waiting til my 30 day free trial runs out.:-)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Just red this, thought it was worth sharing

‘right! You lot don’t know you’re born, I’ve seen my football club get relegated with two record low points totals, lose 8-0, suffer back to back relegations, pay £9 million for a player we never owned, one of our best players turns out to be a nonce, concede thee own goals within 15 minutes of each other and go almost an entire calendar without winning a home game and I’m not even 25 years old yet!’

http://wisemensay.co.uk/the-worst-its-ever-been/
    Who did they pay 9m for but not own?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

‘right! You lot don’t know you’re born, I’ve seen my football club get relegated with two record low points totals, lose 8-0, suffer back to back relegations, pay £9 million for a player we never owned, one of our best players turns out to be a nonce, concede thee own goals within 15 minutes of each other and go almost an entire calendar without winning a home game and I’m not even 25 years old yet!’

The Valley ? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The three own goals was against us as well wasn't it! I was at that game but had kind of forgotten about it. I think we definitely have more bogey teams than teams for whom we are their bogey team, but I think we can definitely claim to be Sunderland's.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The three own goals was against us as well wasn't it! I was at that game but had kind of forgotten about it. I think we definitely have more bogey teams than teams for whom we are their bogey team, but I think we can definitely claim to be Sunderland's.
    Not sure about that.

First time I went to Roker Park we lost 4-0, though I id win £100 for buying the 'lucky programme'. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not sure about that.

First time I went to Roker Park we lost 4-0, though I id win £100 for buying the 'lucky programme'. 
    Would you take the money or the win?

What price do people put on euphoria?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not sure about that.

Euphoria is priceless , i used to always back against us when I was a failed gambler in my pomp , happy to pay a price for a win, promotion, staying up etc ...
    Same with scum I'd back them as a sentimental hedge and be dancing with joy at their failure ,even if it came at a price
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not sure about that.

Euphoria is priceless , i used to always back against us when I was a failed gambler in my pomp , happy to pay a price for a win, promotion, staying up etc ...
    Same with scum I'd back them as a sentimental hedge and be dancing with joy at their failure ,even if it came at a price
    Euphoria is priceless and backing Millwall to win is a double edged sword.

Everyone's price is different depending on financial stability.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not sure about that.

Happily took the money as I was 17 and still at school. Thinking back, perhaps it was only £50.

It was the last time I did a long away game by coach - took about six hours to get there. A few Charlton fans on the coach were so pissed that by the time we got to Roker Park the OB refused to allow them into the game. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Ricky Alvarez.

THE DEAL

in 2014 Alvarez joined from Inter Milan. Gus Poyet said the Argentinian would be ‘exciting to watch’.

Court documents subsequently showed that the agreement in place was that should Sunderland secure their Premier League status for the following season, the transfer would automatically become permanent, for a sum of €10.5 million, staggered over four payments.

Should they be relegated, Alvarez would return to Inter Milan.

Crucially, the deal also included a clause relating to the chronic patellar tendonitis Alvarez suffered in his left knee. The clause specified that should the problem ‘accelerate’ to the point where he could not perform as a professional in the Premier League, Sunderland would not be obliged to adhere to the agreement should they avoid relegation.

THE INJURY ISSUES

Alvarez played three games before suffering the injury that would come to define the saga.

He was a second-half substitute in a 0-0 draw with Swansea City, but suffered a knee problem that would keep him out of action until December. Crucially, the injury was to his right knee.

Alvarez went on to make 17 appearances during the season, and was taken off at half time in what was Gus Poyet’s final game as manager.

At this stage, court documents showed that a debate between the two clubs began as to whether the player should undergo further surgery. Sunderland wanted to pursue this option, but Inter Milan informed them in May that they did not consent.

THE LEGAL ACTION

Sunderland were still fighting relegation at this stage but the club informed Inter Milan that regardless of their fate, they believed the agreement was invalid.

The argument was presented on two fronts:

The delay and eventual decision over dealing with the injury in March was a breach of the agreement between the two clubs The right knee issue Alvarez was suffering with was an indirect consequence of the left knee issue, and therefore under the terms of the agreement, Sunderland would not obliged to fulfil the permanent clause of the deal

Inter rejected this and when survival was secured, they emailed the Black Cats a congratulary message, reminding them of the terms of the deal.

The case was first heard in July 2015 by the FIFA Players’ Status Committee.

The ruling was in favour of Inter Milan, ultimately deciding that Sunderland were to pay the first installment of the agreed fee, which was €2.5 million.

In the case, Sunderland argued that they had been unaware of the fact that Alvarez had undergone surgery on his right knee in 2012.

In their ruling, the Bureau stated that they believed the Black Cats had an awareness of the player’s injury history and therefore could have extended the scope of the clause to involve both knees, or indeed the player’s fitness generally.

With regards to the 2012 surgery, they ruled that Inter Milan were not at fault. By the time the ruling was delivered, Alvarez had signed and featured for Sampdoria in Serie A, which was used to argue that the player was indeed fit to play professional football.

Sunderland also lost their claim that they should be entitled to remuneration for the time Alvarez had been injured during the loan spell, which they judged to be 63%.

THE NEXT RULING

The case rumbled on and was settled in the Court of Arbitration for Sport in 2017.

The court ruled again that Inter were not at fault over the contentious issue regarding that surgery in 2012. They stated that Sunderland had identified a potential issue in the right knee during the medical, a concern that they ultimately did not act upon.

Sunderland were ordered to pay the transfer fee in full, on the payment schedule initially agreed.

FURTHER COSTS

The Black Cats were stung by a further ruling from the Court of Arbitration for Sport, who ruled that Velez Sarsfield, the Argentinian side where Alvarez began his senior career, were owed €362,500.

This was due to FIFA’s solidarity mechanism, designed to compensate clubs for their development of players.

• Options
    Seen a few rumours on twitter that its being released on Friday not seen official confirmation just a few rumours 
  • Options
    Seen a few rumours on twitter that its being released on Friday not seen official confirmation just a few rumours 
     Well it wasn't.
  • Options
     Well it wasn't.
    Damn. Needed a good dose of schadenfreude after Wednesday
  • Options
    Sunday according to @Stevieg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looked on twitter again and saw this

Lots of talk about series two of 'Sunderland 'Til I Die' being released on Netflix today.

I asked Netflix earlier this week and they said a release date is still not finalised. Wouldn't comment on the claims it was out today.

#SAFC https://t.co/9bnvU5aXMt

He writes for the Sunderland Echo, someone has actually asked him if the Sunderland Hierarchy have seen an early release and are wanting stuff changed/removed before it gets put on Netflix
  • Options
    There ain’t a 3rd for sure 
  • Options
    I reckon they should mix it up like Memento and maybe play the last episode first.
  • Options
    Sunderland Echo says it’s being released mid March and it is six episodes instead of eight as of the first season. 
  • Options
    Sunderland Echo says it’s being released mid March and it is six episodes instead of eight as of the first season. 
    They always said this one was only go to be 6, 5 episodes about the league and 1 focused on their EFL trophy run
  • Options
    They always said this one was only go to be 6, 5 episodes about the league and 1 focused on their EFL trophy run
    So no play off final you reckon?
  • Options
    So no play off final you reckon?
    Guessing that will be episode 6.

I think if i remember from what I saw a few weeks ago 1-3 was the first part of the season 4 was the EFL Trophy run 5-6 final part of season and play offs
  • Options
    I reckon they should mix it up like Memento and maybe play the last episode first.
    That’s definitely how I’ll be watching it! 
  • Options
    Sunderland have 100% been putting off the release of this. For Netflix to continuously say they haven’t finalised a date is poor. It has to be from the club in fear of it derailing their season.