Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland Til I Die - Netflix

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Winning the playoff final in '98
    First game back at The Valley
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6
    The Black Sunday when we demolished Arsenal (struggling to think of things already)

Can't be many more greatest days?
    Winning promotion 1974
    Promotion 1985/86 whilst at Selhurst Park
    The debut of Allan Simonsen
    6-0 at Barnsley 
    Salim Kerkar turning into Messi for 90 minutes was truly a joy to watch.
  • sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6
    The Black Sunday when we demolished Arsenal (struggling to think of things already)

What about the FA Cup run of 1923?
  • when will season 2 start

• when will season 2 start

Near Christmas I suspect if like the first season.
  • I’ll probably regret posting this in the morning when I sober up, but until that moment comes, here’s my own documentary, inspired but Sunderland Til I Die. 

https://youtu.be/0fjirupvpaIO

• kimbo said:
    Yeovil in the rain ☔️ cannot remember the score but it was an experience.  
    @Callumcafc remember this one.. 
  • kimbo said:
    1-1. I think my jumper is still wet from that day!  Remember beginning of second half Yeovil keeper took a goal kick and it blew back for a corner. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I’ll probably regret posting this in the morning when I sober up, but until that moment comes, here’s my own documentary, inspired but Sunderland Til I Die. 

Cracking little documentary. Farmhouse was my old local. 

I used to play For Reigatians and Reigate Hornets so got to a couple of those grounds in cups etc. 

Mates all played for Dorking and Horley town about 5-6 years ago, but didn't realise how much Dorking had kicked on!
  • Other than beating Huddersfield to stop their unbeaten 200 game run there has been no better day 
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    cafctom said:
    Imagine being offended by a light hearted joke that is in our favour based on one of the greatest days in our history.

Yes it will probably come back to bite us, but who fecking cares? Really? 
    I would not describe the league one final play off win as one of our greatest days in our history. Not to say I didn't have a wonderful day.

I suppose it would come in the top 10?
  • sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6

Leeds @ St Andrews in 1987
    15th May 2005

Sha la la
  • Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6

Winning promotion 1974
    6-0 at Barnsley 
    Excellent shout.

Walking out of the ground knowing you had witnessed a bit of history left an amazing high.
  • kimbo said:
    @Callumcafc remember this one.. 
    Let him drown, let him drown...
  • Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6

Winning promotion 1974
    6-0 at Barnsley 
    Excellent shout.

Walking out of the ground knowing you had witnessed a bit of history left an amazing high.
    Yep Stevenage away in the Sherpa van check shirt trophy was another highlight 
  • edited June 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I’ll probably regret posting this in the morning when I sober up, but until that moment comes, here’s my own documentary, inspired but Sunderland Til I Die. 

@JiMMy 85 this deserves it's own thread. Just  a couple of minutes in but hooked in and will watch whole thing now.

Well done, very professional.

• Kim Grant double at the Den was a bit special. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:

@JiMMy 85 this deserves it's own thread. Just  a couple of minutes in but hooked in and will watch whole thing now.

Well done, very professional.

agreed, just clicked on it and will definitely watch it all, don't have time right now though.
  • Cheers lads. Drunk me was correct - sober me knows I probably shouldn’t have posted that! Cat’s out of the bag now I guess. To be fair that’s not really the doc I’m making, filming starts this Saturday for the next 12 months. But some of that might end up in the final film. We’ll find out in a year!

If anyone fancies following me on Twitter, I’ve got an account for this. 

https://twitter.com/bunch_amateurs

I’m trying to show the likes of supaclive that there’s a big audience for this, so all support is highly appreciated! 

• Dazzler21 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Cracking little documentary. Farmhouse was my old local. 

I used to play For Reigatians and Reigate Hornets so got to a couple of those grounds in cups etc. 

Mates all played for Dorking and Horley town about 5-6 years ago, but didn't realise how much Dorking had kicked on!
    Yeah Dorking are flying. There’s some resentment from clubs around them that they’ve spent their way up but Dorking don’t see it that way. Even with money that would be an impressive rise. 

Charlwood are the furthest north in their league which is a bugger for me, I’ve got a lot of driving to do. Would much rather be attending Reigate Priory etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Series 2 and its happy ending must be out soon? 
  • kimbo said:
    1-1. I think my jumper is still wet from that day!  Remember beginning of second half Yeovil keeper took a goal kick and it blew back for a corner. 
    Drove back to Gloucestershire in my pants it was so wet!

• Sunderland are Helen Shapiro to our Beatles ( youngsters can look it up)
  • Yep, will be out in February. Includes both Sunderland’s losses at Wembley and they haven’t been filming a third series.
  • cafctom said:
    Yep, will be out in February. Includes both Sunderland’s losses at Wembley and they haven’t been filming a third series.
    I won't deny I'm looking forward to this, but it does seem unspeakably cruel of Netflix to dish it out to Sunderland so much. 

• cafctom said:
    Yep, will be out in February. Includes both Sunderland’s losses at Wembley and they haven’t been filming a third series.
    I won't deny I'm looking forward to this, but it does seem unspeakably cruel of Netflix to dish it out to Sunderland so much. 

It's not so much that Netflix are "dishing" it out on Sunderland, it's because the guys who produce it are die hard sunderland fans. Guess they couldn't bare the thought of seeing a potential 3rd unsuccessful season