Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland Til I Die - Netflix

Comments

• Options
    To be fair as well we're well within our rights to take the piss

We've got our ownership problems yet can still get promoted over sides ran properly - What does that say about them?
  • Options
    Bit classless IMO.
    Our tweet, or the original one from the Netflix team?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Our one - we won, we don't need to rub it in. It's ok coming from a fan, but not an official twitter feed. 
  • Options
    Our one - we won, we don't need to rub it in. It's ok coming from a fan, but not an official twitter feed. 
    Whatever you do don't follow any North American Sports Teams' Twitter accounts, you'll combust!
  • Options
    I am hardly combusting here, just observing.
  • Options
    So now the game's finished we shouldn't mention it in case we upset Sunderland fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Imagine being offended by a light hearted joke that is in our favour based on one of the greatest days in our history.

Yes it will probably come back to bite us, but who fecking cares? Really? 
    I would not describe the league one final play off win as one of our greatest days in our history. Not to say I didn't have a wonderful day.

• Options
    I would rather the cheap gags than the "we was robbed" match comms we sometimes get.  After the 5th or 6th "Ref how is that not a pen" tweet of the match it gets a bit ott. 
  • Options
    So now the game's finished we shouldn't mention it in case we upset Sunderland fans?
    Don't mention the war!!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    cafctom said:
    Imagine being offended by a light hearted joke that is in our favour based on one of the greatest days in our history.

I would not describe the league one final play off win as one of our greatest days in our history. Not to say I didn't have a wonderful day.

We don't have many great days to be fair....so I'd include it within the great day catagory
  • Options
    Winning the FA Cup
    Winning the playoff final in '98
    First game back at The Valley
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6
    The Black Sunday when we demolished Arsenal (struggling to think of things already)

Can't be many more greatest days?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I would rather the cheap gags than the "we was robbed" match comms we sometimes get.  After the 5th or 6th "Ref how is that not a pen" tweet of the match it gets a bit ott. 
    This. Obviously every club's fans are biased to an extent, but I find if a bit cringey how deluded they can be in games sometimes. If you believe everything the club tweets, we should have won every game 4-0 and had 3 penalties each week.

That said, some of their banter has been brilliant and I've got no problem with a bit of that as long as it's witty. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6
    The Black Sunday when we demolished Arsenal (struggling to think of things already)

Hard to top that list !
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This. Obviously every club's fans are biased to an extent, but I find if a bit cringey how deluded they can be in games sometimes. If you believe everything the club tweets, we should have won every game 4-0 and had 3 penalties each week.

That said, some of their banter has been brilliant and I've got no problem with a bit of that as long as it's witty. 
    To be honest I quite like the emotional side of the tweets during games like that... Especially at away games (if I'm not watching on iFollow) as they're no doubt expressing themselves the same way that many would be feeling in the stands, whilst at the same time its no different to some of the horrible biased commentary we've heard on iFollow over the last few seasons

I get that some feel they should show a bit of control (as they're representing the club), there was a good discussion on twitter last season when Jimmy Stone messaged the twitter account during a match when they'd moaned about a referee

Without doubt though its by far the best twitter account for match updates that I know of... You go on other accounts during a game (to get their perspective) and they're barely commeting (Sunderland are one), whilst if you go on the accounts of Liverpool and its down right embarrassing, i.e. I think there was one game where they didnt even bother to tweet they'd scored
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reason I asked, Mutts, is because the Netflix team's remark was more likely than ours to wind up a Mackem reader, but it is clearly part of their Twitter strategy (as first created by Paddy Power), and our guys are responding in spirit.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6

Hard to top that list !
    I doubt there is anyone who’s done the lot ?
  • Options
    ...and if you are including the Arsenal game in it, then Chelsea at home Boxing day
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    cafctom said:

Well it’s in my top 3 and I’ve been watching Charlton for over 40 years .
    Well that is a subjective thing, doesn't make it one of the clubs greatest days in its history.  There are 114 years worth of CAFC history to choose from, much of that spent in the top flight, not division three.

I'm not taking away from how much I enjoyed it, both that and the play off legs that I attended. I might go as far to say I enjoyed the second play off match more. These were phenomenal/emotional days out for any CAFC fan.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6

Winning promotion 1974
    Promotion 1985/86 whilst at Selhurst Park
    The debut of Allan Simonsen
  • Options
    Wait is that not Sam in his picture?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Winning the FA Cup
    Champions in 2000
    Champions in 2012
    The 7-6

Winning promotion 1974
    Promotion 1985/86 whilst at Selhurst Park
    The debut of Allan Simonsen
    6-0 at Barnsley 
  • Options
    Southend away Friday night 2-1 ;)