Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liberal Club closing? Edit.......confirmed, closing tonight (Sunday)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Yes we have been sorted out a share.
  • Options
    Used to love the Lib club on match days 10 years ago, great days
  • Options

New plan for redevelopment on the site. First proposal rejected two years ago, then last year they tried again but keeping the club in the basement. Now it's a completely new plan for six flats, no club.

https://charltonchampion.co.uk/2022/02/03/new-plan-to-replace-closed-charlton-liberal-club-with-six-flats/

Full planning statement for those who like that kind of thing: https://charltonchampion.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/22_0151_F-DESIGN__ACCESS___PLANNING_STATEMENT-793462.pdf
  • Options
    Some former Liberal Club members pitched up at the Radical on Saturday.

They looked a bit rough but it's good for the club to have as many members as possible.  They asked me to sign their membership application forms which I happily did. 

Now, etiquette surely says that said new members should buy their proposer a drink?

What does everyone and especially @Chippycafc think?

: - )
  • Options

They looked a bit rough but it's good for the club to have as many members as possible.  They asked me to sign their membership application forms which I happily did. 

Now, etiquette surely says that said new members should buy their proposer a drink?

Thought you would have preferred a promote.
  • Options

Thought you would have preferred a promote.
    You can't dull the pain of watching Charlton with a promote.
  • Options
    What is that famous quote from Groucho? 😎
  • Options

We were asked to come to the club to raise the profile....thanks for signing us on, and I gave bruv £20 when you used the facilities.