Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liberal Club closing? Edit.......confirmed, closing tonight (Sunday)

Comments

• Meeting for liberal club members tomorrow to discuss situation.

We've migrated to the Radical Club which is fine for Saturday games and as it's my club happy to spend money there instead. Half the club left to jump on the 14.31.

Where is that Ben.
    Thanks mate
    Wouldn’t trust my match day experience to South Eastern Railways or whatever they are called these days.

We've migrated to the Radical Club which is fine for Saturday games and as it's my club happy to spend money there instead. Half the club left to jump on the 14.31.

Where is that Ben.
    Thanks mate
    Wouldn’t trust my match day experience to South Eastern Railways or whatever they are called these days.

Seven trains an hour and if they are all cancelled there's the bus
  • Park or travel by train to Westcombe park station, drink in the River Ale House, walk (15 minutes) catch the bus (god knows on match day) or train one stop Westcombe park to Charlton.

Easy for me to say as I live right close to Westcombe park station :smiley:

Where is that Ben.
    Thanks mate

If the 14:31 is cancelled or late chances are you’d miss kickoff ?

Where is that Ben.
    Thanks mate

You don't have to go down there SHG

Where is that Ben.
    Thanks mate

We don’t seem to kick off until about ten past three.
  • Seems to be closing every Sunday I read this thread.

Where is that Ben.
    Thanks mate

Have too coming the other way...... Except for jubilee and the 486/472 etc
  • Friend went to the meeting today... 70k in debt. And those there voted it to close. Place will be sold and members given a dividend... This was the message i received.
  • Friend went to the meeting today... 70k in debt. And those there voted it to close. Place will be sold and members given a dividend... This was the message i received.

Would be interesting to know how they got £70k in debt having sold the other building but I guess that if it's losing money then better to cut their losses now and give the members a dividend. (Are you reading this Duchatelet?)
  • Sponsored links:

That's correct, they've had a cash offer and if accepted it will remain a club with restaurant/bar

That's correct, they've had a cash offer and if accepted it will remain a club with restaurant/bar
    Open on matchday?

Assume restaurant upstairs... Seating would be limited.
  • I'd imagine so.
  • How do I become a member?
  • Did members get any dividend when they sold the original club.
  • clb74 said:

Did members get any dividend when they sold the original club.

No, unfortunately.
  • So, some hope that it will still function on match days as a venue for us Addicks.
  • I must go to spec savers as I keep reading the header “Liberal party closing innit...
  • Any idea how much the offer is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Any idea how much the offer is?

Don’t matter how much they were Aussies and had a mate with a distant connection to charlton

So the money won’t ever appear 8)
  • strange place to open a restaurant
  • Especially with the valley cafe as competition.
  • They've accepted a bid, and its's now being dealt with by solicitors.
  • The Radical, my club, getting busier and busier on match days now which is good news for the club and fans £2.85 for a pint of London Pride!

Even had Colin Walsh in there yesterday.
  • edited December 2018
    When will the lower Charlton area get it’s first Micro pub I wonder?
    Wouldn’t be surprised if someone hasn’t already given it some serious thought.
  • The Radical, my club, getting busier and busier on match days now which is good news for the club and fans £2.85 for a pint of London Pride!

Did you see Leuth in there?

Leuth maybe from a privileged white metropolitan background but he understands the working class better than anyone as he lives near a council estate. He'd fit in easily at a working mens club.

Leuth maybe from a privileged white metropolitan background but he understands the working class better than anyone as he lives near a council estate. He'd fit in easily at a working mens club.
    Yes I am sure Leuth would be at home in a working mens club, it's such a shame that so many have closed