Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Evans to leave Radio 2

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

Graham Norton will leave his Saturday morning show on Radio 2 before the end of the year, the BBC has announced.

The presenter, who has fronted the show for 10 years, will host his final episode on 19 December.

He is not leaving the BBC and will continue commentating Eurovision, judging on Drag Race UK and hosting his weekly chat show on BBC One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54902490

As they are losing a gay man I expect they will have to replace him with a LGBTQ+ trans "person" to keep up with their quota.

I doubt very much it will be a white, middle class married man. 

Thank you Alan Partridge... 
  • Options
    Graham Norton is to present weekend shows on Virgin Radio from next year following his exit from BBC Radio 2.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54963228
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Claudia Winkleman will replace Graham Norton when he leaves his Saturday morning show on BBC Radio 2.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55042201
  • Options
    clive said:
    Claudia Winkleman will replace Graham Norton when he leaves his Saturday morning show on BBC Radio 2.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55042201
    And spend the entire show talking about her hair...
  • Options
    Norton’s show on Radio 2 is great.. can’t believe he is going to Virgin. I like Claudia but don’t think she is in the same league as Norton.
  • Options
    Am a regular Chris Evans listener on Virgin.  Not sure how he is always so cheery every morning - but him and his team (especially Vasos Alexander) do get every day going with a party atmosphere.  I know he's not everyones cup of tea but he's doing a good job in lockdown.
  • Options
    always liked Chris Evans - get he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he's one of the most talented broadcasters/presenters around and has been on and hosted some great shows
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Am a regular Chris Evans listener on Virgin.  Not sure how he is always so cheery every morning - but him and his team (especially Vasos Alexander) do get every day going with a party atmosphere.  I know he's not everyones cup of tea but he's doing a good job in lockdown.
    The only problem I have with it, is it’s links with The Sun newspaper.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    The only problem I have with it, is it’s links with The Sun newspaper.
    Yes agree on that and to Sky and the Murdoch machine...but pushing Sky means they stay advert free which is a plus.
  • Options
    Murdoch doesnt own sky

And surely pushing sky is an advert so hardly advert free

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Murdoch doesnt own sky

Listen and you might understand.  They just mention Sky programmes a bit more than others but not exclusively.  No other commercials.  No one owns the sky.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    cafc-west said:
    cafc-west said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Murdoch doesnt own sky

Listen and you might understand.  They just mention Sky programmes a bit more than others but not exclusively.  No other commercials.  No one owns the sky.
    Is it listening to Chris Evans that makes you so cheery in the morning?