Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Evans to leave Radio 2

Comments

• Can't stand the banter he always has to have with his "team" and their stupid fake laughing

In fairness, every other station has the same inane "banter". I listen to R4 on the way to work but occasionally I'm forced to switch over (usually when John Humphries is on), but the drivel passing off as entertainment on some radio stations is equally shite. Radio 3 becomes the default choice - at least i cant get wound up by that.

My wife says I'm a miserable tosser that gets annoyed by everything - if only there were a thread where I could list the very many general things that annoy me...
    Yeah agree, but Evans seems to be the one who led the way with this nonsense and has done in virtually every thing he's fronted - Big Breakfast - Don't Forget Your Toothbrush - TFI Friday (remember Will? *cringe*) - his radio shows - The One Show. It's all the same bollocks regurgitated and I genuinely can't see how people can have him on every morning

I let him buy me a large rum and coke once in a club, wished I asked for a triple every time I hear his name
  • What possesses someone to want to get up 5 days a week at 4am, when they have more money than they could ever need.
    I absolutely do not understand driven people.
  • Is Sara Cox the northern woman that just rambles on and on and on and on and on, without ever saying anything remotely interesting?
  • Could that be Lisa Tarbuck? Mate had the radio on in his car with her on, what a load of rubbish.
  • iaitch said:

Could that be Lisa Tarbuck? Mate had the radio on in his car with her on, what a load of rubbish.

Na i remember Tarbuck from Channel 4 days. Not a bad Would Ya actually.
  • What possesses someone to want to get up 5 days a week at 4am, when they have more money than they could ever need.

I always think that when I look at Theresa May and think, what would possess you to put you through this amount of stress. I'm all for the easy life.
  • Good.

I think they like the attention.
  • I genuinely can’t stand Chris Evans.

Massive ditto to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope they get someone who plays music, rather than him boring the pants of the listener to what he did last night.
  • Can't stand the banter he always has to have with his "team" and their stupid fake laughing

In fairness, every other station has the same inane "banter". I listen to R4 on the way to work but occasionally I'm forced to switch over (usually when John Humphries is on), but the drivel passing off as entertainment on some radio stations is equally shite. Radio 3 becomes the default choice - at least i cant get wound up by that.

My wife says I'm a miserable tosser that gets annoyed by everything - if only there were a thread where I could list the very many general things that annoy me...
    Yeah agree, but Evans seems to be the one who led the way with this nonsense and has done in virtually every thing he's fronted - Big Breakfast - Don't Forget Your Toothbrush - TFI Friday (remember Will? *cringe*) - his radio shows - The One Show. It's all the same bollocks regurgitated and I genuinely can't see how people can have him on every morning

I let him buy me a large rum and coke once in a club, wished I asked for a triple every time I hear his name.
    In all honesty, I wouldn't have thought you were his type.

Every day is a learning day....
  • Riviera said:

He's a bit marmite but I admire his resilience and desire to graft, and also the fact he must have the constitution of an ox. He's in his 50s, has been caning it his whole life, yet can still turn out a marathon run every year.

So did Jimmy Savile...

I’m sure Savi

Curb_It said:

What possesses someone to want to get up 5 days a week at 4am, when they have more money than they could ever need.

I always think that when I look at Theresa May and think, what would possess you to put you through this amount of stress. I'm all for the easy life.
    Absolutely.

People always come out with the 'you'd get bored at home if you didn't have anything to do' line, but I say to them I couldn't be any more bored than I am now, fucking around on public transport twice a day and shuffling paper in between times. I want to try pottering around at home - I think I'd be world-class at it.
    I wonder if he would like to buy a football club?
  • bobmunro said:

He's an out and out tosser, but apparently a very popular one.

I'll stick with Radio 4 - now where's my pipe and slippers?

Eddie Mair started on LBC today Bob. One of the best radio broadcasters around.

Hopefully he'll knock that arrogant, narcissistic buffoon, James O'Brien off his self-appointed pedestal!
  • BBC cutbacks ? … Eddie Mair goes, Evans goes .. saved a few hundred thou there then .. I only wish that Baker D (amongst others) would sling his hook or have it slung for him ((:>)

I let him buy me a large rum and coke once in a club, wished I asked for a triple every time I hear his name.
    In all honesty, I wouldn't have thought you were his type.

Every day is a learning day....
    Never had you down as a homophobe mate
  • Curb_It said:

What possesses someone to want to get up 5 days a week at 4am, when they have more money than they could ever need.

It's not even as if she's any good at the job either
  • Evans is in the Vaughan and Moyles mould of somehow remaining in work despite being a grade A annoying tit. As for their laugh at anything sycophant teams they're also grade A tits.
  • Chris Evans brought me a beer once do he is ok in my book
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    My grandson playing in Portugal late May. Mr Evans sitting behind him.
  • masicat said:

My grandson playing in Portugal late May. Mr Evans sitting behind him.

Why didn't you punch him in the face?
  • Gotta be Sara Cox to take over from him, really like her when she covers for him , when he's off on his frequent holidays !

Good shout, I love a bit of Sara Cox, that Bolton accent just does it for me.

Just hope that whoever takes over they get rid of the ‘First Thing I Did Today’ segment. Precocious kids rating everything they do as a billion and two out of ten really gets on my frickin’ nerves.
  • Gotta be Sara Cox to take over from him, really like her when she covers for him , when he's off on his frequent holidays !

Good shout, I love a bit of Sara Cox, that Bolton accent just does it for me.

Just hope that whoever takes over they get rid of the ‘First Thing I Did Today’ segment. Precocious kids rating everything they do as a billion and two out of ten really gets on my frickin’ nerves.
    The Radio2 Breakfast show, in fact any Radio2 show, should not cater for kids. That's what Radio1 is for FFS!
  • bobmunro said:

He's an out and out tosser, but apparently a very popular one.

I'll stick with Radio 4 - now where's my pipe and slippers?

Eddie Mair started on LBC today Bob. One of the best radio broadcasters around.

Hopefully he'll knock that arrogant, narcissistic buffoon, James O'Brien off his self-appointed pedestal!
    Million likes....totally bloody agree....
  • Sara Cox is the favorite to replace Evans - gets my vote.
  • Saga Lout said:

Sara Cox is the favorite to replace Evans - gets my vote.

Big blow for me. Love her new evening show and in the mornings I'm 5Live with Nicky and Rachel. I like to soak up the news first thing and then move to Radio2 when King Ken comes on.
  • Sarah Cox, proper southernist
  • Don’t particularly like his style but a great broadcaster who has filled the shoes of Wogan well with great ratings. Will be missed by the BBC.

Going to Virgin, new challenge I thought. Until, on the news I learned it’s owned by Murdoch.