Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Evans to leave Radio 2

Comments

• Options

No he doesn’t he uses belligerent arguments against those less able to put their point across due to him being more educated

He also uses the double question tactic. Ask one and whilst the caller is about to give him the answer asks snother midstream.
  • Options
    No!!!!! Not the double question tactic? Disgusting.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

No!!!!! Not the double question tactic? Disgusting.

Indeed and agreed.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

No he doesn’t he uses belligerent arguments against those less able to put their point across due to him being more educated

So the problem is that he's more articulate then the people calling?
    You can be more articulate than someone without being belligerent towards them

He comes across as if he is apologetic for being richer than others and that because of his wealth and mental ability , the fact he is clever and has a great dictionary of words that he is able to present in his discussions that anyone who he feels doesn’t agree are in need of being told “bless you , you poor soul you’ve been lied to and deceived bless you” when actually he is offering only an opinion a theory that he is able to portray as fact

The blokes a grade a cnut
  • Options
    I bet you it’s Sarah Cox if I’m right. Greenie will get her name tattooed on his bum
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Don’t particularly like his style but a great broadcaster who has filled the shoes of Wogan well with great ratings. Will be missed by the BBC.

Going to Virgin, new challenge I thought. Until, on the news I learned it’s owned by Murdoch.

How has he filled Wogan's shoes? How many Wogan listeners left Radio2 eight years ago? The ratings don't tell us that. He gets 9m listeners because 67% of the adult population wake up to radio and Radio2 is the most listened to radio station.
    He is not a great broadcaster. He is a self centered, loud mouthed, egotistical, sycophantic, obsequious bully.
    On that basis I'm sure you'd appreciate Danny Baker replacing him.
  • Options

I bet you it’s Sarah Cox if I’m right. Greenie will get her name tattooed on his bum

He already has.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I love Sarah Cox. Bring her on and I might even start listening to Radio 2.

It's that northern accent. Sex on legs.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Don’t particularly like his style but a great broadcaster who has filled the shoes of Wogan well with great ratings. Will be missed by the BBC.

Going to Virgin, new challenge I thought. Until, on the news I learned it’s owned by Murdoch.

How has he filled Wogan's shoes? How many Wogan listeners left Radio2 eight years ago? The ratings don't tell us that. He gets 9m listeners because 67% of the adult population wake up to radio and Radio2 is the most listened to radio station.
    He is not a great broadcaster. He is a self centered, loud mouthed, egotistical, sycophantic, obsequious bully.
    He filled Wogan's shoes by increasing the audience to 9 million, Wogan was hovering around 8 million during his last year. I have to disagree with a lot of you, in my view Evans is just that, a great broadcaster who will have a large number of people tuning into a DAB only station just to listen. He is also a great fundraiser for Children in Need and his fundraising efforts alone outstrip that of all the other Radio 1 and 2 presenters combined. I have a former colleague who worked at a senior level in Children in Need and she reckoned that his ideas and fundraising transformed the charity whilst she was there. The auction items that he persuaded many people to give and the auction items that he donated from his own pocket raised millions, The CarFest which he established as a concept. This weekend he is running people down the Goodwood Revival meeting and driving the bus himself.
    He is driven, hard working and an ideas man, if you cannot see that try and raise an equivalent amount of money for charity. He did not come from money and worked his way up humble beginnings. Branson and Murdoch may be a lot of things I personally do not like but they are both bright enough to recognise real talent.

It is undoubtedly the politically correct brigade that have made his life a misery at the BBC, because he is a white male presenter earning a lot of money. Having his salary published is not something he signed up for when he joined and will not be an issue when he joins Virgin unless he also takes on a directorship. I am not against improving gender and racial diversity and have fought for this in business but we have to recognise that the best usually get paid the most and he is in the league of the best.
    Chris go to bed, you've got a show at 4am.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep reading this as ched Evans’s is leaving radio 2.
  • Options
    I like Chris Evans, even though I have been told by several sources, that he is capable of being a complete arsehole. However he is a truly gifted broadcaster, and the fact that Virgin Radio are happy to throw so much bunce at him would seem to confirm that.

Danny Baker is similar in how much he can divide opinion, but the bloke is an absolutely brilliant broadcaster and makes it seem so effortless. You only notice how good he is, when he is not there and other broadcasters work within the same format (talking about his Saturday morning show here), and it is like a completely different show, with none of the verve, charisma and energy that Danny Baker injects.
  • Options
    If I read the thread title as Ched Evans leaves Radio 2 for a fourth time, I promise to bang my head on the wall.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Riviera said:

On that basis I'm sure you'd appreciate Danny Baker replacing him.
    Fortunately Baker is emigrating to the USA, or so he keeps saying. I have even texted into his show to offer him a lift to the airport.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Rothko said:

The bloke is a grade a prick needs a proper good hiding

He may well be right on many things but the way in which he puts it a cross is disgusting and disrespectful

Really? He gives people plenty of time to explain where their coming from, and when they fail he pulls them apart, if callers can't deal with a bit of healthy challenge to their opinions, they should stop being such snowflakes.
    In the main he does, yes.

However, he carefully gauges their ability to strongly articulate an argument and once he knows he can better them, he just belittles them and their views/opinions.

On the rare occasion that he finds someone who can match his ability to debate and make an argument 'water tight', he simply does what all LBC broadcasters do, cuts them off!

The man is an arrogant narcissist of the highest order! Whenever he gets the opportunity to 'Self-praise' and applaud himself at the expense of others he does so. If you agree with his views that's fine though of course! Did you see his sycophantic obeyence of Paul Merton on Have I Got News For You a while ago? Yuk!!!

I sent him an articulate tweet not too long ago, explaining why I thought his broadcast style was both confrontational and narcissistic - he blocked me!! Have you heard him moan about how he's been blocked by someone at the Daily Mail!

What a cock.
  • Options

Riviera said:

He filled Wogan's shoes by increasing the audience to 9 million, Wogan was hovering around 8 million during his last year. I have to disagree with a lot of you, in my view Evans is just that, a great broadcaster who will have a large number of people tuning into a DAB only station just to listen. He is also a great fundraiser for Children in Need and his fundraising efforts alone outstrip that of all the other Radio 1 and 2 presenters combined. I have a former colleague who worked at a senior level in Children in Need and she reckoned that his ideas and fundraising transformed the charity whilst she was there. The auction items that he persuaded many people to give and the auction items that he donated from his own pocket raised millions, The CarFest which he established as a concept. This weekend he is running people down the Goodwood Revival meeting and driving the bus himself.
    He is driven, hard working and an ideas man, if you cannot see that try and raise an equivalent amount of money for charity. He did not come from money and worked his way up humble beginnings. Branson and Murdoch may be a lot of things I personally do not like but they are both bright enough to recognise real talent.

It is undoubtedly the politically correct brigade that have made his life a misery at the BBC, because he is a white male presenter earning a lot of money. Having his salary published is not something he signed up for when he joined and will not be an issue when he joins Virgin unless he also takes on a directorship. I am not against improving gender and racial diversity and have fought for this in business but we have to recognise that the best usually get paid the most and he is in the league of the best.
    Along with the 500 word competition to get kids into reading and writing.
  • Options

Rothko said:

The bloke is a grade a prick needs a proper good hiding

He may well be right on many things but the way in which he puts it a cross is disgusting and disrespectful

Really? He gives people plenty of time to explain where their coming from, and when they fail he pulls them apart, if callers can't deal with a bit of healthy challenge to their opinions, they should stop being such snowflakes.
    In the main he does, yes.

However, he carefully gauges their ability to strongly articulate an argument and once he knows he can better them, he just belittles them and their views/opinions.

On the rare occasion that he finds someone who can match his ability to debate and make an argument 'water tight', he simply does what all LBC broadcasters do, cuts them off!

The man is an arrogant narcissist of the highest order! Whenever he gets the opportunity to 'Self-praise' and applaud himself at the expense of others he does so. If you agree with his views that's fine though of course! Did you see his sycophantic obeyence of Paul Merton on Have I Got News For You a while ago? Yuk!!!

I sent him an articulate tweet not too long ago, explaining why I thought his broadcast style was both confrontational and narcissistic - he blocked me!! Have you heard him moan about how he's been blocked by someone at the Daily Mail!

What a cock.
    What did you ring in about? :wink:
  • Options
    Anyone hear Big Jon Parkin on this morning plugging his autobiography?

They asked him for the best story, he proceeded to tell one about going on a stag do whilst he was supposed to be recovering from an operation, getting smashed, going into a pole dancing club and stripping naked....

Vassos the sports was desperately trying to remind him it was a 'family radio show' several times before cutting him off at that last bit.

Was brilliant.
  • Options
    Apparently the reason Evans quit is because his salary was made public. Poor lamb...
  • Options
    If the rumours are to be believed then he will be gone before Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

No rumours, fact. He will be gone by Christmas, that was in his announcement.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Chris Evans is like 'Marmite' that I would agree with. When he first took over from Wogan I was somewhat disappointed that Radio 2 gave him the gig, although he had done OK on 'Drivetime' when he took over from the great, in my opinion, Johnny Walker. However over the years I've really liked him and also admire the money he has raised for CiN, the amount of his own time he gives up to organise events and then attend them. CarFest North and South are superb days out and raise thousands for CiN
    I like the mix of music he plays and, whilst at times I want him to 'shut-up', overall on balance he delivers a great show, and an added bonus is he dislikes BoJo!!.
    I'm sad that he is going, but like others on here when Sara Cox sat in for him she was excellent, however so was Richard Allinson.
    So for me my number 1 choice would be Coxy, number 2 would be Richard, just please do not let it be Johnny Vaughun!!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Apparently the reason Evans quit is because his salary was made public. Poor lamb...

Well that's the reason I quite the checkout counter at Maccy D's.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

No rumours, fact. He will be gone by Christmas, that was in his announcement.
    Evans suggested that Christmas Eve would be his last show. However, the rumour is he will be gone a LOT sooner.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind waking up to Sara Cox any day of the week !
  • Options
    I had the displeasure of listening to Virgin Radio all day yesterday.

Dad FM at its most bland. Oasis, Weller, OCS, Oasis, Ezra, Oasis plus a bit of Oasis thrown in.

The demographic is so narrow (35-60 year old men) compared to Radio 2 that I don’t understand Evans’ decision to go there of all places.

If the hope is to take some of his Radio 2 listeners, then surely they’ll have to play more of a music mix at Breakfast to keep them.
  • Options
    Who is this Ezra fella the young people are talking about?

• Options
    Ezra Pound. He's what might be called a wordsmith. Very popular with the young beatniks.
  • Options

Who is this Ezra fella the young people are talking about?

An annoying shit.