Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    I think a message has to be sent in relation to Foden and Greenwood. They will get their chance again.
  • Options
    There is some absolute shite in that squad
    Midfield ain’t great but apart from that it’s decent
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I agree with most, not sure who I'd replace the ❓ players with though...

Goalkeepers: 

Jordan Pickford (Everton), ✔️

Nick Pope (Burnley), ✔️

Dean Henderson (Manchester United) ❓

Defenders: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), ✔️

Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), ❓

Conor Coady (Wolves), ❓

Eric Dier (Tottenham), ✔️

Joe Gomez (Liverpool), ✔️

Michael Keane (Everton), ✔️

Harry Maguire (Manchester United), ❓

Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), ❓

Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), ❓

Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), ✔️

Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), ✔️

Kyle Walker (Manchester City) ✔️

Midfielders: 

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), ✔️

Mason Mount (Chelsea), ✔️

Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), ❓

Declan Rice (West Ham), ❓ /✔️

James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), ❓

Harry Winks (Tottenham) ❓

Jack Greilish (Aston Villa), ✔️

Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), ✔️

Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) ✔️

Harvey Barnes (Leicester), ❓

Forwards: 

Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), ✔️  

Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), ✔️ 

Danny Ings (Southampton), ❓

Harry Kane (Tottenham), ✔️

Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), ✔️

• Options
    I am surprised about your choice Dazzler21 of Conor Coady (Wolves), I thought most agreed he was the best player in the last England game and I also rate Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), but everyone have their choice
  • Options
    You'd have Walker but not Chilwell? Best LB we've got. We're not overloaded with CB's, have to have Maguire in there. 
  • Options
    Would swap Tammy Abraham for Mason Greenwood on a good day

Harvey Barnes I'd exchange for Phil Foden
  • Options
    Sterling ruled out injured

Abraham 
    Sancho
    Chilwell
    Told not to turn up until an investigation has been done

Reece James has been called up
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54211943

Something I hadn't realised is that the rules have changed so that players can now switch national teams if they have played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior to them turning 21.

Previously if you had one 5 minute subs appearance, you couldn't change
  • Options

Abraham 
    Sancho
    Chilwell

I suppose its a bit tricky when you get an invite to a "small gathering" and you don't know how many will be there and whether you are breaking the rules until you get there. Its just these are people who are on a lot of money, with plentiful advice available, who have been selected to represent their country at the highest level. I just naively expect them to be a little more aware of what is at stake and thus be a little bit more prepared. still if they don't like the rules they can easily switch to another country and play for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Abraham 
    Sancho
    Chilwell

I suppose its a bit tricky when you get an invite to a "small gathering" and you don't know how many will be there and whether you are breaking the rules until you get there. Its just these are people who are on a lot of money, with plentiful advice available, who have been selected to represent their country at the highest level. I just naively expect them to be a little more aware of what is at stake and thus be a little bit more prepared. still if they don't like the rules they can easily switch to another country and play for them.
    Abraham I get as it was a surprise party.

But no excuse for the other 2 or his family for inviting so many
    I'm nor sure why the headline are all about Abraham, when Chilwell and Sancho are (if Abraham's story is true) more guilty
  • Options
    Abraham
    Chilwell
    Sancho

All will miss the friendly against Wales

Unsurprising really, have them miss the friendly so they are punished but make sure they are back for the key game against Belgium, we have already lost Sterling and don't want to lose Sancho for that as well
  • Options
    Abraham
    Chilwell
    Sancho

All will miss the friendly against Wales

Unsurprising really, have them miss the friendly so they are punished but make sure they are back for the key game against Belgium, we have already lost Sterling and don't want to lose Sancho for that as well
     Not to mention Foden and Greenwood who are also being punished for this too.

As long as they are all back for the big game 
  • Options
    Grealish has to start. 
  • Options
    I didn't even realise we had a friendly match too. Seems pretty ridiculous that after a hectic start to the season (especially for Spurs) that we now have 3 internationals Thursday-Sunday-Wednesday.

What's the point of FIFA/UEFA arranging a round of friendly matches before these two nations league games? Wasn't the whole point of the Nations league to avoid pointless friendlies?
  • Options
    I didn't even realise we had a friendly match too. Seems pretty ridiculous that after a hectic start to the season (especially for Spurs) that we now have 3 internationals Thursday-Sunday-Wednesday.

What's the point of FIFA/UEFA arranging a round of friendly matches before these two nations league games? Wasn't the whole point of the Nations league to avoid pointless friendlies?
    Its so everyone plays three games... this International Window you've got

Euro 2020 Play-Off Semi-Finals then the Nations League games - It'll be the same in November when you'll have the Play-Off Finals and two more Nations League games

Unless there is no International Window planned for next March I dont know why they've not had the Euro 2020 Play-Offs simply a year later as doesnt make much difference
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Nope there will also be friendlies next March too!! - Where is that facepalm gif!!

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/Seas2020-30/2020-21/Fixtures2020-21.html
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Euro 2020 Play-Off Semi-Finals then the Nations League games - It'll be the same in November when you'll have the Play-Off Finals and two more Nations League games

Unless there is no International Window planned for next March I dont know why they've not had the Euro 2020 Play-Offs simply a year later as doesnt make much difference
    It's still ridiculous. If Kane plays in all 3 games for England over the next week, he'll have played 11 games already this season and we'll only be 1 month in. I hope Southgate rests him v Wales.

Most players (not just England's) will be fucking exhausted by the time the Euro's start next summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's still ridiculous. If Kane plays in all 3 games for England over the next week, he'll have played 11 games already this season and we'll only be 1 month in. I hope Southgate rests him v Wales.

Most players (not just England's) will be fucking exhausted by the time the Euro's start next summer.
    Why...they are fit athletes...they party all night when it suits them but can't  be asked two play twice week ! 
    Thats like saying a Marathon runner should be able to run a race of that distance every week
  • Options
    So our one and only recognised left back (who has only just come back from injury), Chillwell, can't join the England squad because of his own stupidity. The England players were all told in no uncertain terms what the guidelines are and what is expected and he goes and does this. I would question whether he really cares enough. 
  • Options

Why...they are fit athletes...they party all night when it suits them but can't  be asked two play twice week ! 
    11 games in a month (plus training) is a ridiculous amount it doesn't matter how fit you are, that will catch up with you and hit you hard.
  • Options
    Chilwell you idiot! As AA says our one proper left back with quality so now we are going to resort to Trippier out of position, which in recent games has not impressed (My thoughts) 
    Losing Sancho is a big loss, but hopefully only for the friendly too, it is stupid though. How hard is it to stick to the bloody rules, every average joe is.. or maybe they can get away with it better but set an example! 

• Options
    36 minutes gone and England U21s are losing 1-0 to Andorra!
  • Options
    Bothroyd is awful. Pointless having all these fantastic young players coming through when we aren’t producing enough good young coaches or managers.
  • Options
    Bothroyd is awful. Pointless having all these fantastic young players coming through when we aren’t producing enough good young coaches or managers.
    1-1 at HT, Davies equalised. Agree on Boothroyd that he's not exactly a manager known for his attractive progressive football.

Not that it's really any excuse though but i think our subs bench for this is better than the team. He's clearly resting players for the next game.
  • Options
    1-1 at HT, Davies equalised. Agree on Boothroyd that he's not exactly a manager known for his attractive progressive football.

Not that it's really any excuse though but i think our subs bench for this is better than the team. He's clearly resting players for the next game.
    Yeah I think if we win this we only need a point dont we?
  • Options
    Nketiah moves level with Shearer and Jeffers on 13 as the joint record U21 scorer.