Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    Weird there is no left back.

Would have Tarkowski or Dunk over Mings and Keane.

Dont even get me started on Dier being in there again.....
    Don’t worry it’s only Iceland. As if we would lose to them..........
    I'm more worried about the upcoming games against Lidl and Aldi to be honest.
  • Options
    No Grealish is odd - presume as a few like Jordan Henderson, Maddison etc are missing we're trying  a few new players out so it's the idea time to give Grealish a go too.
    Henderson and Maddison are both injured. 
    Ah ok cheers.
  • Options
    Wonder how many caps Grealish could have had for Ireland by now.
  • Options
    Dier = depressing, surprised he even gets in the squad sometimes although can be reliable i just dont think he should play in midfield and would only be extreme back up for CB for me. 
    Gealish= I dont really get the hype, he wouldn't stand out in a better side for villa, could he get in wolves team? everton? a team thats top half not really sure. He is ok but i think Mount/foden are better 
    Warde Prowse= Not really sure i'd have him there , he does ok and a good set piece but id worry if he is in contention, same as Dier. 

Be interesting to see what they do, i think as a team we have done well recently but with the young blood coming through we have so much potential so need to use it, not waste people by call ups and no minutes, or chuck the youngsters in with not enough experience to support them. 
  • Options
    Dier = depressing, surprised he even gets in the squad sometimes although can be reliable i just dont think he should play in midfield and would only be extreme back up for CB for me. 
    Gealish= I dont really get the hype, he wouldn't stand out in a better side for villa, could he get in wolves team? everton? a team thats top half not really sure. He is ok but i think Mount/foden are better 
    Warde Prowse= Not really sure i'd have him there , he does ok and a good set piece but id worry if he is in contention, same as Dier. 

Be interesting to see what they do, i think as a team we have done well recently but with the young blood coming through we have so much potential so need to use it, not waste people by call ups and no minutes, or chuck the youngsters in with not enough experience to support them. 
    Grealish would be Everton's best player.
  • Options

Definitely.

I'd argue he'd start for any team apart from the top 4.

Pretty clear Southgate doesn't rate him though, as he never picked him for the U21s either.
  • Options

I googled it, i dont think he would be there best player but granted he might start for them:
    Sigurdson/ Bernard/ Andre Gomes (fit again) Iwobi/Davis/ Delph and a couple of youngsters

So room for him but anyone else top 10 (not sheff utd as they wont be again) 
  • Options
    If I was England manager, I would definitely want to have a good look at Grealish.
  • Options
    So starting 11 I'd imagine is something along these lines: 

Pope

Trent - Gomez - Maguire - Keane - Walker

Winks - Rice - Mount

Rashford - Kane - Sterling

Dunk instead of Keane, Saka at LWB + Foden in for Winks would make this line up look a million times better. 

(Sancho for Rashford too as I think Rashford has been average the last 3 months). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I know it's good to try to recycle wherever possible to save waste, but surely this doesn't apply to threads too? 

7 pages I had to wade through just to find out what the latest squad is.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I googled it, i dont think he would be there best player but granted he might start for them:
    Sigurdson/ Bernard/ Andre Gomes (fit again) Iwobi/Davis/ Delph and a couple of youngsters

Richarlison and Digne are the only ones I think would be near Grealish, he's better than any you've mentioned.
  • Options

Richarlison and Digne are the only ones I think would be near Grealish, he's better than any you've mentioned.
    Sigurdson is better imo, depends what you want. Bernard has his moments could rotate with i suppose. I did agree with you though after you said it, i put now i have seen there list of midfielders he would get in their team but wouldn't stand out imo

Richarlinson/ Digne are but aren't midfielders. 
  • Options

Pope

Winks - Rice - Mount

Dunk instead of Keane, Saka at LWB + Foden in for Winks would make this line up look a million times better. 

(Sancho for Rashford too as I think Rashford has been average the last 3 months). 
    5-3-3?

Not sure you’re allowed that.
    Get rid of Winks then! My mistake.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Am I the only one who thinks Declan Rice is pony ?
    Nope, I’m with you 
  • Options
    Grealish is a great player. Should be in the starting x11 i think, let alone squad!
  • Options
    Rice is a good player. Any West Ham fan that watches them every week will tell you the same.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Grealish's stats don't lie

Most fouled player
    Most distance carried with the ball

We need a central midfielder  who can carry the ball and haven't had one since a young Jack Wilshire.

Pope
    Trent
    Gomez
    McGuire (when not in prison)
    Chilwell (when fit)

Rice
    Foden
    Grealish

Sterling
    Kane
    Sancho

Rashford
    Greenwood
    Mount all pushing to start

Glad Barclay has been dropped.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Pope

Winks - Rice - Mount

5-3-3?

I’d probably have Winks over Mount. In a couple of the qualifiers he played in he is the link between defence and midfield, always shows for the ball and prevents that inane passing across the back we seem to do.
  • Options

Pope

Winks - Rice - Mount

5-3-3?

I’d probably have Winks over Mount. In a couple of the qualifiers he played in he is the link between defence and midfield, always shows for the ball and prevents that inane passing across the back we seem to do.
    Went for predicted not what I'd personally chose. 
  • Options
    Maguire found guilty. 

Southgate looks like an idiot for picking him. Not surprised. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Maguire found guilty. 

Does he? He can just drop him. No one will remember this in three weeks (him being picked not him being guilty). 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Maguire found guilty. 

Does he? He can just drop him. No one will remember this in three weeks (him being picked not him being guilty). 
    "I've spoken with Harry, I have insight to the story which is very different to what's been reported."

"I have no reason to doubt what he is telling me. It's important he knows that he's got my support at this moment."

Made to look like an idiot. 

Kicked Sterling out of the squad for a spat with a teammate but chooses Maguire who was facing criminal prosecution. Mad. 
  • Options
    To paraphrase Mike Bassett, what are they going to play, three across the back and one in bloody Pentonville?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Maguire found guilty. 

"I've spoken with Harry, I have insight to the story which is very different to what's been reported."

"I have no reason to doubt what he is telling me. It's important he knows that he's got my support at this moment."

Made to look like an idiot. 

Kicked Sterling out of the squad for a spat with a teammate but chooses Maguire who was facing criminal prosecution. Mad. 
    Southgate is an idiot but can't say I'm surprised. Imagine if Sterling had done this?

Hopefully Southgate can denounce the Greek courts next. 
  • Options
    Harry Maguire has been withdrawn from the team 
  • Options
    Rice is a good player. Any West Ham fan that watches them every week will tell you the same.
    West Ham fans are the most unreliable set of fans to try and get any opinion on anything related to their club.

Agree that I don’t think Rice is good enough for the England team.