Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Orient  have been through a lot with nutty owners and then losing their manager tragically. This seems such a common sense move.
  • Good luck to him. Gave it everything always and a top pro.
    Will do well at LO
  • He is as fit as a fiddle,if he wants he can play until he is 40,great signing for Orient,we may on occasions this coming season,miss what he brought to the team.
  • Good luck at your new club, Darren. Would have liked to have kept him for another season. Always gave 100 per cent.
  • I think we are going to miss his experience and influence in the dressing room.
    I am hoping that the calibre and finesse of the squad we assemble will mean we have less need of a midfield enforcer/destroyer this season - but I bet there will be occasions when I will be thinking, I wish we had Pratters to bring on.
    Having said that, I think he has reached a stage in his career of diminishing returns, so now perhaps was the time to move him on.
    I thank him and wish him the very best

• And this will halve our yellow card count for next season.  Good luck Pratters and will always remember his goal against Donny in the play-off semi.
  • Shrews away a few years back was a belter and spoke to him after the he said the boys were all taking the piss saying it was a clearance. 
    Good luck Prats ! 
  • Seems a good fit for club and player.  Will do very well in L2 and no doubt his experience and personality will be good for their team/morale in the dressing room too.  Good luck to him.  I like Orient.
  • Orient are going really well this season, but were held to a 0-0 draw by George Lapslie's Mansfield, in the battle of the former Charlton midfielders
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently,  they love him at Brisbane Road and he has been dubbed Pratzinho 
  • Apparently,  they love him at Brisbane Road and he has been dubbed Pratzinho 
    He played for that Barcelonaesque Brendan Rodgers Swansea side which got promotion to the PL, you don't do that if you're just a clogger
  • Shame we couldn't of kept him. Still think it was a mistake in letting him go. Especially looking at the midfield we have now.
  • Shame we couldn't of kept him. Still think it was a mistake in letting him go. Especially looking at the midfield we have now.
    It was the right time to replace him as we were aiming to improve. The mistake was doing that with Dobson and Arter - though either could still go on to have a good season.
  • edited May 2023
    What a great pro. Playing 40 games a season in his late 30s
  • Rob7Lee said:
    as you say a true proper pro, how we could have done with him around the last few years.
    A proper pro yes, but I’ll be very happy if he’s on the team sheet against us next season!
  • Here we go....
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s exactly the kind of player you need in the side if you plan to use the youth team as back up. 
    Liked him for us and pleased he did well at Orient. 
  • Have huge respect for Darren, pleased for him.
    Still remember his last season with us helping out at CB.
    Hope we’ll see him at the Valley, & he plays well but we win.
  • edited May 2023
    Really like Pratley the leader, pro and person. Dobson has been an improvement on the playing side and hardly been injured since he came in as Pratley's replacement. 

A rare example of succession planning actually working at Charlton.

• edited May 2023
    We miss his professionalism and his in-game nous.

Dobson definitely the better player in his position now but would like to see some Darren Pratley type signings in key positions this summer.
  • I liked Pratley, good luck to him