Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
     :'( 
  • Options
    As others have said, great pro, 110% in the shirt and was integral to getting us up and then almost keeping us up last season.  

Very important player doing things that we as fans might not notice.  I wish him well and hope he finds a club that can accommodate him regularly.

Taking a pragmatic stance, definitely the right decision for me.  I get the argument that had Watson not triggered a contract extension there may have been a role for him.  However, on a personal level, I didn’t really want either to be in the playing squad next season.  I wish Darren all the best and thank him for his time.  
  • Options
    His presence on the pitch for the play offs was pivotal in our promotion a proper man and one who will always hold a special place in my Addick heart .
    Good luck Pratley , bloke
  • Options
    Thanks for your efforts Darren much appreciated a real pro good luck for the future 
  • Options
    Ditto all that has been said before. Always gave 100%. GL in the future whatever it brings
  • Options
    Thanks mate, for all of your commitment over the last 3 years. You gave it all for the cause during ESI’s near fatal involvement with our club. 
    Wish you all the very best for your future.
  • Options
    Thank you Pratters a great innings for our club.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Leaves with a massive a round of applause from my seat. His 3 years have not been the greatest in our history. BUT, could have been even worse without him. 
  • Options
    Best of luck Darren, always gave everything you had to give and had one massive moment in a Charlton shirt with your play-off goal. 

Would rather he was staying and Watson being released, but contractual status probably prevented that option. 
  • Options
    A model pro,not always the greatest on the ball,but left nothing on the pitch,I thought there might have been a place for him for another year as he certainly didnt lack fitness,and you do need his kind of experience at this level.Not to be,I wish him all the best and heartfelt thanks for the effort he put in for our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Correct decision, good luck to him.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Think he’s been a good servant, would much rather retain him than Watson tbh 
    Absolutely this with bells on , gutted he's gone to be honest, if Watson replicates this season, we could be stuck in league one longer than TS would like.

Watson has to improve big time for our performances to take an uptick, unless he's going to be sitting on the bench.

Maybe a proper preseason will see an improvement in his performances?
  • Options
    Think he’s been a good servant, would much rather retain him than Watson tbh 
    Absolutely this with bells on , gutted he's gone to be honest, if Watson replicates this season, we could be stuck in league one longer than TS would like.

Watson has to improve big time for our performances to take an uptick, unless he's going to be sitting on the bench.

Maybe a proper preseason will see an improvement in his performances?

I would be very surprised if Watson is anything more than a bit part player next season. If he is, it will have been a failure of recruitment or due to injuries to others. We must hope he can be as positive an influence around the training ground as a backup player as I suspect Pratley would have been.
  • Options
    Wish him nothing but good things. Thanks Prats. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
     A good man and a decent player.

But there comes a time when you can't keep giving players another year, just because they've been good servants. Maybe the playing budget isn't going to be as big as some might have thought and some trimming needs to happen before new blood can be bought in.

On balance, it's probably time for DP to move on but it wouldn't be a surprise if he did really well for another club next season. 
  • Options
    One of those players who you hate to play against, Pratley "old manned" teams with his cunning style of play. He would run  through brickwalls for his team mates and always always gave it everything he had.

Best of luck
  • Options
    Absolutely huge for us for what he did in the promotion season but the right decision. Good luck Prats. 
  • Options
    Right decision. Did a decent job for us. hopefully he gets fixed up elsewhere, even at 36, he still has a bit left in the tank.
  • Options
    Boycotting meant that I didn't see as much of Pratley as I'd have liked. Always gave his all, though I did sometimes think his antics crossed the line from 'professionalism' into 'silliness'. Nevertheless, I wish him all the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Darren.  Superb servant in some awful times .  Equally, I’m not unhappy we are moving on.  
  • Options
    Cheers Pratters, I'm gonna miss your shitehousery. Can definitely do a job elsewhere 
  • Options
    A proper grafter who played every game with the same effort and determination and desire to win that a fan would do.

Not the most technically gifted but every team needs a Pratley to break it up and get things moving.

Donny at home in play offs probably in my top 5 Valley moments and he was a huge part of that.

• Options
    Proper fighter and you need a few of those in your squad. 

The home playoff semi vs Donny, hat a moment. Single handedly dragging us through in the final at Wembley, incredible. Then showing some real class in that 10 game run at the start of the championship. Some great memories! 

Most if all his effective "game management" in the dying stages and all the tines he would up the opposition into losing their heads or kept the ref in line. Invaluable. The sort of player you hate to come up against which is a pretty high compliment.
  • Options
    Also 100 appearances, how many yellow cards? 30? ;)
  • Options
    Despite having played most of his career there, I was surprised that Pratley was a much better player in the Championship than League One. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Also 100 appearances, how many yellow cards? 30? ;)

Though in reality you are close.

• Options
    Looked at his best in a role limited to winning the ball and playing a simple pass to someone close to him. Looked at his worst when LB insisted on playing him as a general box-to-box midfielder, which could be very frustrating to watch. Not his fault, though.

Best of luck DP