Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
    Bow brought him in to do a job, and for me he did it. 
    OK, age is catching up with him, as were  most of our opponent players last season, so it’s prob a good decision on both sides. 

His performance in the away draw at Fulham was 100% Charlton. 
    Good luck Prats. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Top pro, wish him well for the future. Gave his all, and a figurehead in the changing rooms by all accounts.

I hope this is an insight into the type of football we'll be looking to play next season.
  • Options
    Thanks to Darren for his 3 years of loyal service, sorry to see him go, but understandable. I also wish him well for the future, but now we need more agile and mobile players.
  • Options
    Plenty of Shots (@Plenty_of_Shots) Tweeted: Darren Pratley makes it 4-4 on aggregate in the play-off semi-final against Doncaster. #cafc https://t.co/Rp5qEfRWQh
    https://twitter.com/Plenty_of_Shots/status/1392784279575437318?s=20
  • Options
    Think Darren was an excellent signing.  One of the best, and one of the most effective signings of the late Duchatelet era.

I'd rather have him still in the squad than Gunter or Watson.  Gunter and Watson seem to need others to cover their weaknesses, whilst Pratley still effectively covered for other players.  I understand the financial logic of only keeping one of Watson and Pratley.
  • Options
    Great attitude and commitment and i wish him all the best but 100% the right decision to release him  
  • Options
    Hero, wish we’d had him earlier in his career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has been a very good signing for us and always gave 100%. As others have said, that Doncaster play-off semi at home was particularly notable. Also he played a number of games at centre back when we were struggling with injuries.

But i think the timing is right for him to leave. If you buy in to the Bowyer philosophy of having 2 players for every position (which I do) I don't think you need two veterans in the form of Watson and Pratley. I feel the same about Matthews (not so much a veteran!) and Gunter. Would like younger players to come in and compete with Watson and Matthews for the defensive midfield and right-back positions.
  • Options
    It's given me a lot of pleasure to watch you playing and always giving 100%. Thanks and good luck for the future.
  • Options
    Brilliant club servant. Still amazed how he stepped up his game for the championship. POTY for me last year (can't remember who won) - always gave his all.

Best of luck for the future.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Plenty of Shots (@Plenty_of_Shots) Tweeted: Darren Pratley makes it 4-4 on aggregate in the play-off semi-final against Doncaster. #cafc https://t.co/Rp5qEfRWQh
    This goal gets me going just as much as Bauer's at Wembley. They go hand in hand. 

Great to see such great tone in this thread. 
  • Options
    Didn't really watch much of DP until he came our way, he must have been terrific in his hay day, because he certainly gave everything he had for us, good luck for the future Darren. 
  • Options
    Thanks for everything, Darren. A player who always gave 100 per cent - a Charlton man through and through. Hope his memories of the Donny semi-final goal are as good as mine.
     All the best for the future and thanks for your kind words about everyone involved in the Charlton family.
  • Options
    When he was effective he was really effective. I loved seeing him nick the ball from opponents in midfield and also win free kicks by using his strength to shield the ball. Always gave 100% and I hope we can say the same of whoever replaces him.
  • Options
    Will always respect a player that gives their all when they pull on the shirt and Pratley did that every time. He never hid and never gave up. I thank him for his dedication and wish him all the best for the future.
  • Options
    Good pro but glad he is leaving. Having him in the side just meant the passing was always slow & stodgy and not what you need in a newly energised team. 

2 stand out moments for me were the Donny goal & him shackling the MK Dons midfielder. 

100 appearances......wow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Sad news but the right decision.

You can see he's a great pro and a top team-mate. Clearly he has the respect of everyone at the club and that says a lot, I think he'll be missed in the dressing room next season.

He really stood up in the Championship season when everything else was crumbling and along with the goal against Donny i'll always have a soft spot for him

On the pitch his hard work, tenacity, leadership and game management have been as important and his passing was annoying but he was top class at what he did.

All the best Pratters x
    Thought he might have been kept on as a coach/mentor for the youngsters. Hope he gets a deal somewhere else.
  • Options
    Great pro over the last 3 years and was so important the back end of the promotion year. 

Good luck DP and thank you. 
  • Options
    It is a shame Watson triggered his extension but he also offered some simplicity in the middle during the run-in. It ended up being a dilemma. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    This goal gets me going just as much as Bauer's at Wembley. They go hand in hand. 

Great to see such great tone in this thread. 
    Let me lower it then - goodbye, good luck and good ri.....!

Only joking - Darren never gave less than 100% when he wore the shirt, and above all was a team player. As fans, we can never ask for more than that. His part in the promotion, the play-offs and especially the second leg against Donnie on a night none of us who were there will ever forget.

Best wishes Prats and hope to see you back at The Valley one day. 
  • Options
    Cant fault his effort and you could tell he loved playing for Charlton. Loved his cameos where he chased everything put a couple of crunchers in!

Best thing he would do is score against Donny....one of my favourite moments in football personally. 

Good luck Darren. 
  • Options
    🥲
  • Options
    Always gave 100% and got stuck in when he could have shyed away especially at his stage of career and seemed committed to the cause.  A good role model in that respect for younger players.