Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    His agent got him more money. Taylor is not a Charlton fan, he's a professional footballer. Half a dozen bad games and there would be 5000 posts on the Has Lyle Taylor Lost It? thread. If we think then long term Taylor would have made more money by staying and developing as a footballer then fair enough. 
    He's not even a Football fan, he's admitted himself that he doesnt "get" the whole tribalism of the sport

It's ok to have a unique opinion and go against the regime. Nothing wrong with it and it can be a form of entertainment. The nutcase will always thrive.

Lyle is just a bit lost though.

He doesn't play football for anyone, other then himself and It's boring. A championship footballer player that thinks he's a maverick and or a philosopher. I doubt he has any mates in that forest dressing room.

If you want to go down that road, fair enough, up to you.

The non football fan quote is just a defence mechanism because he does actually still feel guilty about his betrayal to the club that made him.

He knows he's a knobhead. At least that's something.

Won't ever admit it though.

He feels guilty about leaving? Absolute rubbish, why would he?
  • Options
    If Forest made him available for a loan in the summer and Sandgaard was prepared to pay the loan fee and % of his wages, who would be happy to have him back?
    if he scored 30 goals and we stormed the league I wouldn't care (fickle, me, yes)
  • Options
    If Forest made him available for a loan in the summer and Sandgaard was prepared to pay the loan fee and % of his wages, who would be happy to have him back?
    Round and round we go.............. 
  • Options
    He’s dead to me. I never want him back. 
  • Options
    If forest make Murray permanent Taylor will be on his way no doubt, struggling championship side my bet, struggling as in lower end budget.  Rotherham, Millwall, Coventry.
  • Options
    Maybe a massive club like Wednesday will take him on but he may be back in League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    absolutely no way
  • Options
    Why is it such a strange thing to say that taylor was better. Yann had a 1 in 3 record, Taylor better than 1 in 2. A striker is a goalscorer. We were half the team without Lyle in 2018 19 and look at the impact it had when he got injured last season.
    So if Taylor has a 1 in 2, and say Vardy has a scoring record of 1 in 3.... Taylor is better than Jamie Vardy?

This is Lyle's second year in the Championship, has 15-goals in total!!

Yann scored that many in one season for Bouremouth which got them promoted to the Premier League - He then got 18-goals for Reading, got them to the Play-Off Final, and got 12-goals for Charlton in a single season which almost got us to the Play-Offs

All that beginning from the same age that Lyle is now - So lets see if he can replicate Yann's scoring at this level?

If he can then I'll concede the point that Lyle is better than Kermorgant
    Im talking about their time with us, I couldn't care less about either of there records for other teams.  Lyle is a lot more reliant on pace, so I don't think he will have the same longevity, his injury last year lost him a yard or two. 
    Not sure that’s true. Karlan was much quicker than Taylor - it was certainly *his* main weapon. Taylor said he envied Karlan’s pace, although he was no slouch himself. 
  • Options
    Lyle coming back to league one would be nowhere near as much a threat as he was, think how unmotivated he’d be on less money and two jumps away from the premiership.  Although as someone mentioned he’d morph into messi against us for sure.
  • Options
    Why would he leave Forest? He left for his one chance at a pay packet... unless they pay him off he has no reason to leave. 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Why would he leave Forest? He left for his one chance at a pay packet... unless they pay him off he has no reason to leave. 
    Agreed - it’s a job to him- why would anyone move to do more work for half the money . 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Taylor up top with Aneke or Stockley wouldn't work. He needs a poacher playing off of him, like KAG, or Vetokele when he came back into the side in our promotion season.  Would partner Schwartz well though.
  • Options

A very interesting question. Our fans would give him dogs abuse (I would -  a first for me towards a Charlton player). Given he thrives off of that he'd probably do well!!

A definite no from me. Someone has already mentioned their preference for young players hungry to play for Charlton, and that is the sort of player i'd prefer.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lyle < Yann < Darren < Clive < Derek 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:
    Lyle < Yann < Darren < Clive < Derek < Churchinho < J.Parkernaldo

• Options
    Chizz said:

I thought thee last one was Howard Marks at first.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I am beginning to worry whether everyone know what < means. 
    I'm more worried about the fact that my brain went "Darren Ambrose, REALLY?
    Oh yeah, Benty, that makes more sense" 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️