Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Who remembers Yann for Bournemouth against us when they got promoted 2015 I think, he was literally unplayable and we had a solid mid table championship team then, a proper technician who was also unpredictable.
    Imprinted on my memory, that game. I remember as the second one went in, I blurted out "Oh what a good goal". I don't think I ever before voiced that out loud at The Valley. I suppose the fact we weren't playing for anything helped, but even so...
  • Options
    Remember when Yann didn't jump for a corner and Dervite scored a header under Riga? Which won us the game 
  • Options
    Think Yann was just obstructing the Bournemouth players allowing Dervite to score.
  • Options
    For me Taylor was in a different league to yann, far better
    Clearly you didn't see both of them play, or this is just a wind-up.
    Yann scored 12 goals at most, taylor got 25 goals. 
    Yann didn’t need to score - BWP did that
  • Options
    You are either in a wind up, or never saw Yann play. Taylor was excellent for us, but not on the same page as the other fella.
    Or it's just possible I have a different opinion, crazy concept i know.
  • Options
    You are either in a wind up, or never saw Yann play. Taylor was excellent for us, but not on the same page as the other fella.
    Not at all, everybody is entitled to their opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Always difficult to gauge an overall fans perspective on Twitter, but Forest fans after last night just can’t figure out why he’s changed.
    Frustration & confidence - mainly in the manager. It must be disheartening to be on the bench every week & only coming on in the last 15/30 mins when you are chasing the game. That is not his style. He is used to being the main man - the focal point.
    That’s naivety from him and his agent then. Even we know that Forest play one up front, and Taylor was never going to be above Grabban as the main man. Even worse for his ego now, he’s third choice striker. 
    Taylor has said that when he spoke to their manager at the time of signing (Lamouchie sp?) he was assured that he was going to be played as part of a front 2. I think for the first couple of games that might have happened (maybe not from kick off but during the match) but results then changed the managers thinking & Forest went with 1 main striker - which was alternated between Grabban & Taylor. Then Lamouchie was sacked & Houghton came in. Again Taylor was reassured (iirc) that he would feature up front but again results have dictated different tactics......as well as bringing in a 36 year old striker who has scored goals for the manager before. 

Perhaps it might have been naive of Taylor to have assumed that the manager would tell him the truth rather than what he wanted to hear.
  • Options
    Overall I think Yann is slightly better than Lyle. Different players though, they would be a brilliant partnership

It's interesting that of the players we lost back to the Championship on relegation, the defenders (Lockyer and Sarr) have been a lot more successful than the strikers (Taylor and Bonne). Maybe it's because there's more pressure on a striker. Start badly as a striker, you lose your confidence and may struggle to get another proper chance in the team.
  • Options
    Saying that, as mentioned they would have been great foil for eachother
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Saying that, as mentioned they would have been great foil for eachother
    Who would?
  • Options
    Hope he has a allergic reaction to hair dye!

Judas twat
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Clearly you didn't see both of them play, or this is just a wind-up.
    Yann scored 12 goals at most, taylor got 25 goals. 
    Take out the penalties and Taylor has never got more than 13 goals in one season at any level L1 or better.  Ever.

Chuks is on 12 goals already this season so two more and he will surpass Taylors scoring record.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from the fact Taylor now has his comfortable pay whether he does well or not he is also a player who absolutely craves a crowd.  He used the opposition jeers to gee himself up.  He is one player that I suspect would get a bit bored playing in an empty stadium and struggle for motivation and the same level of desire which drive so much of his game.

Taking a tumble with 20,000 forest fans screaming for a penalty, or take a tumble to an empty stadium = potentially different result.
  • Options
    I think we should move on from Taylor, didn't want to play for us, so i don't want him in the team.
    We have all moved to jobs for more money, no different really.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    He hasn't started a game since the 15th of December and they've since brought in Murray so I'd be surprised if he started another game this season

I think there's a good chance of him being shipped out this summer and with that record as a 31 year old he'll struggle to find a championship club imo
    I wonder if Bowyer would take him back as part of the summer rebuild?
    I personally wouldn’t want him back but I wonder if Bowyer feels he was so important that he can overlook what happened.
    I'd love to have him back.
    Even though he screwed us over.
    Would I like Stockley & Taylor up front or Aneke and Taylor up front for the rest of the season?
    Yes i would, it's like asking do you want to get promoted, answering yes or no.
    Shamefully I would take him back as well.  Despite him being a complete tosser for what he did, he was something that we lack at the moment —a talisman. He is the sort of player that makes the difference between winning and losing. The other side of that coin is that he was the difference between staying up and getting relegated.....

But in true fickle football fan style, i’d have him back in a heartbeat at the moment. 
  • Options
    Human beings Yann, by a mile.  "Footballers" Yann by a mile.

Who would I rather have in my team, at their peak?  Probably a toss up to be honest.  Both preferably.

If Southall had sold Taylor last January, or Roland had sold him to Brentford this wouldn't have even been a conversation IMO. 
  • Options
    I seriously think he will be loaned to Millwall! Forest will probably want to get rid of Taylor at the end of the season. Millwall really need a decent striker but can't afford the crazy prices. So they may wangle a move for Taylor on loan paying half his wages. 
  • Options
    Yann was a far better player than taylor - in fact, i would have chucks over taylor 
  • Options
    One of the reasons we did so well when he was here, was that he led by example.

The effort he put in rubbed on on the other players and they responded to it.
  • Options
    Yann Vs Taylor isn’t a matter of subjective opinion though, it’s a pure indisputable fact that Yann was the better player, both in and out of a Charlton shirt. Sorry.