Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    He's loving life that much, that he doesn't even have the energy to be a twat on social media much these days!
  • Options
    All this aside, if he was to come back next season, or any other i would be more than happy. Yes what he done was ridiculous, but end of the day when he played for us he was sometimes unplayable, even just a chance he still had that in him it would be worth the shot. His level is Championship imo, he might not be in favour but in the right set up he will score goals that level and this level. 
  • Options
    Just a little question here. If his decision to refuse to play was so out of order (which it was) why didn't his agent point that out to him? 

If there is any credible answer other than "his agent got a big earner and that's all that mattered to his agent", do please post it. To assist us, here is  Taylor speaking so warmly of them to Richard Cawley in the summer of 2019.
  • Options

Always difficult to gauge an overall fans perspective on Twitter, but Forest fans after last night just can’t figure out why he’s changed.
    Frustration & confidence - mainly in the manager. It must be disheartening to be on the bench every week & only coming on in the last 15/30 mins when you are chasing the game. That is not his style. He is used to being the main man - the focal point.
    That’s naivety from him and his agent then. Even we know that Forest play one up front, and Taylor was never going to be above Grabban as the main man. Even worse for his ego now, he’s third choice striker. 
  • Options
    His agent got him more money. Taylor is not a Charlton fan, he's a professional footballer. Half a dozen bad games and there would be 5000 posts on the Has Lyle Taylor Lost It? thread. If we think then long term Taylor would have made more money by staying and developing as a footballer then fair enough. 
  • Options
    His agent got him more money. Taylor is not a Charlton fan, he's a professional footballer. Half a dozen bad games and there would be 5000 posts on the Has Lyle Taylor Lost It? thread. If we think then long term Taylor would have made more money by staying and developing as a footballer then fair enough. 
    He's not even a Football fan, he's admitted himself that he doesnt "get" the whole tribalism of the sport
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally different strikers both with numerous qualities. If I was a centre half I wouldn’t wanna mark either of them for different reasons. They’d make a fantastic partnership I know that.

As for Taylor at Forest, glad to see he’s having a tough time although his bank balance has never looked prettier.
  • Options
    He will be available at the end of season ..
  • Options
    No comparison.... Yann far better player... also proven at championship. Taylor just rubbing his ego on the bench with 4 in 31 :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Why is it such a strange thing to say that taylor was better. Yann had a 1 in 3 record, Taylor better than 1 in 2. A striker is a goalscorer. We were half the team without Lyle in 2018 19 and look at the impact it had when he got injured last season.
  • Options
    For me Taylor was in a different league to yann, far better
    Clearly you didn't see both of them play, or this is just a wind-up.
    Yann scored 12 goals at most, taylor got 25 goals. 
    Get out.
  • Options
    Why is it such a strange thing to say that taylor was better. Yann had a 1 in 3 record, Taylor better than 1 in 2. A striker is a goalscorer.
    If you're talking purely goals then yes Taylor had a better record for us. If you're talking about overall quality as a footballer Yann was much better. He also proved it at Championship level with 2 other clubs with Bournemouth and Reading fans all thinking extremely highly of him. Taylor had half a good season in the Championship. He probably peaked in his time with us yet Yann carried it on even after he left us.
    I'm purely talking about when they were with us. Taylor in his pomp was quick, strong and a lethal finisher. An all rounder.
  • Options
    Why is it such a strange thing to say that taylor was better. Yann had a 1 in 3 record, Taylor better than 1 in 2. A striker is a goalscorer. We were half the team without Lyle in 2018 19 and look at the impact it had when he got injured last season.

It's not strange. Just a valid opinion.

People will obviously side with Yann for a number of reasons.

They were both great when they played for us and things were going well.

You can't really compare them as they offered different sides to the game. Not the same sort of player.
  • Options
    Why is it such a strange thing to say that taylor was better. Yann had a 1 in 3 record, Taylor better than 1 in 2. A striker is a goalscorer.
    If you're talking purely goals then yes Taylor had a better record for us. If you're talking about overall quality as a footballer Yann was much better. He also proved it at Championship level with 2 other clubs with Bournemouth and Reading fans all thinking extremely highly of him. Taylor had half a good season in the Championship. He probably peaked in his time with us yet Yann carried it on even after he left us.
    I'm purely talking about when they were with us. Taylor in his pomp was quick, strong and a lethal finisher. An all rounder.
    Different types of players in my view but it is a close one if you're looking purely at their time with us . Both equally talismanic but had different strengths. I don't think Yann was ever really an out and out goalscorer but just seemed to bring so much to that promotion winning team. I still think Yann was better player technically but do also think that people's judgement on how good Taylor was for us will be clouded by the fact he is a massive bellend.
  • Options
    So if Taylor has a 1 in 2, and say Vardy has a scoring record of 1 in 3.... Taylor is better than Jamie Vardy?

This is Lyle's second year in the Championship, has 15-goals in total!!

Yann scored that many in one season for Bouremouth which got them promoted to the Premier League - He then got 18-goals for Reading, got them to the Play-Off Final, and got 12-goals for Charlton in a single season which almost got us to the Play-Offs

All that beginning from the same age that Lyle is now - So lets see if he can replicate Yann's scoring at this level?

If he can then I'll concede the point that Lyle is better than Kermorgant
    Im talking about their time with us, I couldn't care less about either of there records for other teams.  Lyle is a lot more reliant on pace, so I don't think he will have the same longevity, his injury last year lost him a yard or two. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    He's not even a Football fan, he's admitted himself that he doesnt "get" the whole tribalism of the sport

It's ok to have a unique opinion and go against the regime. Nothing wrong with it and it can be a form of entertainment. The nutcase will always thrive.

Lyle is just a bit lost though.

He doesn't play football for anyone, other then himself and It's boring. A championship footballer player that thinks he's a maverick and or a philosopher. I doubt he has any mates in that forest dressing room.

If you want to go down that road, fair enough, up to you.

The non football fan quote is just a defence mechanism because he does actually still feel guilty about his betrayal to the club that made him.

He knows he's a knobhead. At least that's something.

Won't ever admit it though.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's so disillusioned with football that he gives it up and joins the Priesthood....:-)