Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liam Gallagher on Charlton

123457»

Comments

• Options
    My wife asked me to stop singing wonderwall to her.

I said maybe.
  • Options
    New track from Liam, written by Dave Grohl. He's still got it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045SzeMuzv8</br>

With Dave Grohl when was that ever in doubt? Ridiculously good musician imo.

Slightly surprised with all this 90s guitar based love in going on that there has been no mention of Smashing Pumpkins. Siamese Dream was out around the same time as Nevermind I think.

Melon Collie and the infinite sadness released in 1995 and remains a personal favourite. 
    Yes!! Smashing Pumpkins I love them! My first ever gig was seeing them in 1993, I was 13 lol. The Verve were supporting them. My second ever gig was Manic Street Preachers when I was 14 & the missing guitarist Richey Edwards was still playing with them.
  • Options
    I'm a Liam Gallagher & Foo fan, but I have to say the new single doesn't grab me.
    Maybe it's a grower for me?
  • Options
    New track from Liam, written by Dave Grohl. He's still got it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045SzeMuzv8</br>

With Dave Grohl when was that ever in doubt? Ridiculously good musician imo.

Slightly surprised with all this 90s guitar based love in going on that there has been no mention of Smashing Pumpkins. Siamese Dream was out around the same time as Nevermind I think.

Melon Collie and the infinite sadness released in 1995 and remains a personal favourite. 
    Yes!! Smashing Pumpkins I love them! My first ever gig was seeing them in 1993, I was 13 lol. The Verve were supporting them. My second ever gig was Manic Street Preachers when I was 14 & the missing guitarist Richey Edwards was still playing with them.
    How weird...just put my Spotify main playlist on shuffle and 'bullet with butterfly wings' was first up! I missed them at the time, but got a best of double cd years later. They made some cracking records.
  • Options
    I'm a Liam Gallagher & Foo fan, but I have to say the new single doesn't grab me.
    Maybe it's a grower for me?
    Same. I’m not a Foos fan, but there’s something about this song that I’m not quite getting yet. 

Feels like the words are shoehorned into the melody and doesn’t quite have that catchiness Liam’s best hits are known for. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I suppose it’s a generational thing, you would have been peak age for that down Bagleys with your illuminous hoodie and smiley face t shirt where as I am considerably younger :-) 

Britpop was huge mid-90s though: Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Ocean Colour Scene, Suede, Space, Elastica, Manics, Cast, Bluetones, Supergrass etc

It was influential well beyond the music as it the spawned the lad culture, loaded / FHM mags, TFI Friday stuff that even Labour tried to ride off the back of. 
    For another insight into this era, read this view from the band members of St Etienne

'The 90s seem like yesterday’: Saint Etienne on 30 years as pop auteurs, the reality of the 90s and the oddness of pop parenthood