Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liam Gallagher on Charlton

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Worst bar queues since Arctic Monkeys at Old Trafford and the usual idiots throwing beer and piss around.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Worst bar queues since Arctic Monkeys at Old Trafford and the usual idiots throwing beer and piss around.

Elfs had 1 to many again :wink:
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Idiots at a Liam Gallagher concert. Who would've thought it??
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I thought Liam was brilliant last night. I thought his voice was top notch, which I was not expecting. I thought it was better than the Oasis gigs I've been to previously.An unforgettable night 9.5/10.
  • Options
    Cracking gig

There were some right old states there yesterday but not surprising when it’s 30 degrees and the bad queues mean you have to buy 3 bottles of rose each
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I’m sure I queued 2 or 3 hours at Knebworth for a drink. Put me off big gigs for life that did.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

buckshee said:

I’m sure I queued 2 or 3 hours at Knebworth for a drink. Put me off big gigs for life that did.

The only one we’ve experienced which was worse for getting a drink than yesterday was when Arctic monkeys played old trafford cricket ground and there was only one bar . Didn’t have a single drink all day.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Curb_It said:

buckshee said:

The only one we’ve experienced which was worse for getting a drink than yesterday was when Arctic monkeys played old trafford cricket ground and there was only one bar . Didn’t have a single drink all day.
    I went to Glastonbury in 99 or 2000...stayed at a mates the night before in Salisbury and did all my money clubbing there that night.

Turned up at Glastonbury with about £8 to last me 3 days. Ran out of fags day one, and had 2 cans of warm hoffmeister and a manky cheeseburger over the whole weekend as my only sustenance. Was dehydrated, hallucinating and clucking for nicotine and a bacon sandwich by the time Bowie closed Sunday night and 7 hour train trips back to London Monday morning was a slight pain.

Oh and a gaggle of scousers (or whatever the collective noun is for a group of feral, malnourished delinquents is)
    went through our tent and others in the vicinity on the thieve which was somewhat ironic given I was at university in Liverpool at the time and was hundreds of miles away.

Good weekend though and ocean colour scene were class .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great gig last night. Richard Ashcroft was superb. Just himself & a guitar and the whole crowd in his hands. Brilliant “surprise” guest. LG was on brilliant form. Good mix of the new and classic Oasis tracks. Heard him with Berry the other week saying how no-one could put up with more than 90 mins of him, but on that performance last night, so many more he could have done and I’d have loved it.

Didn’t get a beer in the park, but that wasn’t actually a bad thing. Queues were over an hour, but had a couple in the 12 Pins before and after (DJ knew what he was doing after the gig).

Loads of Northern lads had obviously been there all day...never seen so many sunburnt Manc/Scouse lads clutching bottles of rosé!! :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Great gig last night. Richard Ashcroft was superb. Just himself & a guitar and the whole crowd in his hands. Brilliant “surprise” guest. LG was on brilliant form. Good mix of the new and classic Oasis tracks. Heard him with Berry the other week saying how no-one could put up with more than 90 mins of him, but on that performance last night, so many more he could have done and I’d have loved it.

Didn’t get a beer in the park, but that wasn’t actually a bad thing. Queues were over an hour, but had a couple in the 12 Pins before and after (DJ knew what he was doing after the gig).

Loads of Northern lads had obviously been there all day...never seen so many sunburnt Manc/Scouse lads clutching bottles of rosé!! :wink:

Pretty much done the same before and after in 12 pins, got into Finsbury for twisted wheel, and fortunately knew a few lads in the q who got drinks for us they q’d for 1 hour and 12 mins for beers, majority went on to wine.
  • Options
    Beer queue was horrendous, full of Northerners, got covered in piss more than once, but a top gig. Thought Ashcroft was very good.
  • Options
    Forgot about the bottleneck
  • Options
    was a shocking state of affairs, for future gigs at this venue i wouldn't even bother getting in until 8ish and then saving myself a day off work.i was quite near the back as nob head factor was rife so did get a drink when the bars emptied completely as could hear everything from there, the free for all once you had q'd for an hour and a half was ridiculous, and if anything they probably just fuelled the amount of fucked people there, my other annoyance is why is it Bristol city fans and the welsh have to wear bucket hats depicting where they from - find it incredibly sad, there must of been about 15 20-24 year old's all stood together with wales bucket hats on from what i've seen of the country its a fucking khazi
  • Options
    Dunno why they don’t sort out proper bars for these gigs that actually serve you quickly and easily. It’s stupid and they would make so much more money doing it properly!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    YTS1978 said:

Dunno why they don’t sort out proper bars for these gigs that actually serve you quickly and easily. It’s stupid and they would make so much more money doing it properly!

but there is plenty of vegan/halal/vegetarian food available.
  • Options

YTS1978 said:

Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

YTS1978 said:

Cool.

• Options
    Vegetarian, vegan, and halal : like they're all the same thing, lol.

It's like discussing Switzerland, Costa Rica and Nazi Germany's foreign policies.
  • Options
    I was pointing out that they had food for everybody’s dietary requests, not that many people were eating but thought it was acceptable to have people qing for 90 mins in hot weather for a beer
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/m-UQPfWiC7Q

Liam Gallagher....singing about Charlton. (In my opinion)

Get ready for having a tear in your eye.
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching his gig down the Thames (via stream) tomorrow night. From what I’ve seen so far it looks superb.

Starts off in Woolwich/Charlton area!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Looking forward to watching his gig down the Thames (via stream) tomorrow night. From what I’ve seen so far it looks superb.

Starts off in Woolwich/Charlton area!

Spin off to Gravesend by any chance?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Immediately bought that on iTunes last night after watching it. He does do a good ballad/anthem IMO 
  • Options
    I thought as he aged he would have learnt to raise his Mike up a bit  :D
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Dave2l said:

Immediately bought that on iTunes last night after watching it. He does do a good ballad/anthem IMO 

Sang that song with a particular stand out passion.

Meant every word and looked emotionally engaged.

It was open, honest.
  • Options
    You would have thought he could afford a new jacket.