Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liam Gallagher on Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that. That's a proper throw back from Liam. Great song. 

• Options
    Yeah great song. Thanks for posting 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    https://youtu.be/m-UQPfWiC7Q

Liam Gallagher....singing about Charlton. (In my opinion)

Get ready for having a tear in your eye.
    Well thats the Beebs end of tournament showreel for the Euros sorted. Just after we lose on pens in the semi final.
  • Options
    On Chris Evans show this week claimed the brothers were offered $100m to get Oasis back together.  Claimed Noel was against it - but said it will happen sometime - he hoped next year!
  • Options
    It was absolutely superb. Sounded and looked brilliant from start to finish 
  • Options
    Absolutely, thought it was brilliant.

Once is a great song.

London at night is something to behold.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/b03ZfflLNzY

Shaky did it first 😎
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Shaky did it first 😎
    Yeah, amazing he was.
    He recorded that on the way to The Valley for another electric goalscoring display for Fulchester.
  • Options
    I heard Liam's new song on the radio the other day, perhaps its a grower. Thought it sounded awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I heard Liam's new song on the radio the other day, perhaps its a grower. Thought it sounded awful.

I'm the opposite. Now just a bit bored of it.

1st time you hear it...it's rather emotionally story telling.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    PopIcon said:

That is not good, I sat and waited in the car for a chorus that didn't show up.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dave2l said:
    PopIcon said:

That is not good, I sat and waited in the car for a chorus that didn't show up.

Might just not be your taste
  • Options
    I saw Liam at the O2 earlier in the year, his voice wasn't at it's best but was still a great night. 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    I saw Liam at the O2 earlier in the year, his voice wasn't at it's best but was still a great night. 
    That was last year you know... end of November. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Shaky did it first 😎
    Yeah, amazing he was.
    He recorded that on the way to The Valley for another electric goalscoring display for Fulchester.
    Johnny X scored two that day.

Brown Fox had a stormer.
  • Options
    Liam Gallagher: As it was   BBC2 23.20 tonight 28th December.
  • Options
    BBC1 11.35pm-12.25am Headlining @ Reading & Leeds 2021.

• Options
    https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=6f3bwiqlZow&feature=share

What a beautiful song this is.

Starting to prefer his solo work in comparison to oasis etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to see him at Knebworth this Summer.

From being continually mocked by everyone saying he couldn’t amount to anything without his brother and Beady Eye not quite working out - he really has produced one of the most impressive comebacks in recent times. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I think he would sell tickets faster at a gig if in comparison to "high flying birds" and it was at the same venue etc

NG released a few good albums but the last one was rather forgettable.

It was more of a dance track album. I never really looked into it to be honest.

Hopefully LG writes his own music. He is certainly more motivated and still has the inner belief and drive.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I love Noel and his band, but that last album was bland by his standards.

Liam is basically Oasis 2.0 - which is what a lot of people want. What is impressive is that his fanbase is also a lot younger than one might imagine. Something about him that the younger crowds can identify with. The chaos and carnage.

Noel on the other hand, whilst being a great songwriter, has gigs seemingly made up of couples on a date night sipping craft ale and prosecco. It’s just not the same.
  • Options
    Noel seems to have disappeared up his own arse a bit and liam seems to be putting out decent records and in all the interviews ive seen post oasis he seems on the level and treats anyone with the same level of respect and politeness they show him, regardless of how cool or not they are - which i think he did a bit in the earlier oasis days. 

Still, don't like the way he treated his child that he never sees in the states - that's unacceptable imo.
  • Options
    Liam was right when he said that the best thing Noel could do is what he did and disappear for a while, absence makes the heart grow fonder sort of thing. Instead he puts out album after album of middle of the road beige.  
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Liam was right when he said that the best thing Noel could do is what he did and disappear for a while, absence makes the heart grow fonder sort of thing. Instead he puts out album after album of middle of the road beige.  
    His last album was the most interesting thing he's written including the last 3 oasis records 

I accept I'm massively biased towards Noel Gallagher but I've not been to a bad HFB gig. 
  • Options
    It always surprises me that people find his voice attractive in any way.
    To me it sounds like a musical whine, and unlike other questionable voices like Jagger or Dylan he never sounds to me like he means what he sings.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    seth plum said:
    It always surprises me that people find his voice attractive in any way.
    To me it sounds like a musical whine, and unlike other questionable voices like Jagger or Dylan he never sounds to me like he means what he sings.
    It’s the man and the attitude behind the voice which people find interesting. The fact that a bloke from a council estate was able to join a rock band and go to the top.

Oasis lyrics have a knack of catching on as well. Half the songs aren’t about anything specific, but all sound like they’re trying to convey the meaning of life. 

Whilst 99% of artists are banging on about the latest virtue signalling fad to try and appeal to the masses, the likes of Liam Gallagher are more interested in just getting up there and banging out tunes without any compromise. What you see is what you get.
  • Options
    The meaning of life?
    What conclusions has this sage come to or revealed?