Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Options
    104-5 Stokes gone.

No problem Buttler in next. 20/20 anyone !!
  • Options
    We are quite shit aren't we?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Said earlier in the week that the selectors must be Shrews fans & had tickets for tomorrow.

Only good thing is that I will now be able to concentrate on the final round at Wentworth tomorrow & no need to keep flipping channels
  • Options

Said earlier in the week that the selectors must be Shrews fans & had tickets for tomorrow.

Only good thing is that I will now be able to concentrate on the final round at Wentworth tomorrow & no need to keep flipping channels

They're Fulham fans....
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So then @PeanutsMolloy I must ask, why are India and Australia only improving as Test teams? They have the two biggest T20 leagues in the world.

I think the shortest form is being demonised by some who don't like changes. The bottom line for me is that cricket is cricket and the technical skills are easily transferable between formats. Test cricket does require a different mindset so why are these other countries able to do it but apparently not England?
  • Options
    6 down...Root out.
  • Options
    Credit to Pakistan by the way. Playing well. They seem to enjoy Lords.
  • Options
    Total embarrasment.If Pakistan are beating us this easily just imagine what India will do to us and the worse thing about it is that im going to Edgebaston for 1st test against India days 2 and 3.Bloody madman.
  • Options
    Bayliss and Farbrace out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    dickplumb said:

Bayliss and Farbrace out.

Half the side can do one too.
  • Options

So then @PeanutsMolloy I must ask, why are India and Australia only improving as Test teams? They have the two biggest T20 leagues in the world.

I think the shortest form is being demonised by some who don't like changes. The bottom line for me is that cricket is cricket and the technical skills are easily transferable between formats. Test cricket does require a different mindset so why are these other countries able to do it?

Australia "only improving"?
    Because they thrashed us?
    Over what time-frame? 2~3 years? Maybe. 10~25 years? I think not.
    Ball-tampering aside, do you really think the Aussie public is happy with their test team (apart from when they're thrashing us)?
  • Options
    Have to say, I'm impressed with Pakistan, especially their bowling attack - great line and length and they are changing their approach well to exploit each batsman's weaker points - could be an innings defeat here, and Pakistan will fully deserve it

As for England, I cannot think of one positive I'm afraid
  • Options
    Abysmal, woeful, terrible and dog doo.
  • Options

Have to say, I'm impressed with Pakistan, especially their bowling attack - great line and length and they are changing their approach well to exploit each batsman's weaker points - could be an innings defeat here, and Pakistan will fully deserve it

As for England, I cannot think of one positive I'm afraid

They're a good team, and well prepared. Bizarrely it's the home players who are the one who look all at sea (bad form, IPL etc)

It's a shame that they are just playing 2 Tests and no ODIs or T20s, and instead we have that completely random ODI series against Australia
  • Options
    well done Josh and Dom

I, like most people, was expecting a tame ending tonight, to put on that partnership showed some guts and application,sadly lacking in English batting at the moment
  • Options
    Well, my "worst selection ever" moaning has been partially stuffed back down my throat. Can Buttler complete the job?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Well, my "worst selection ever" moaning has been partially stuffed back down my throat. Can Buttler complete the job?

Sadly no
  • Options
    Sorry, everyone
  • Options
    Spirited knock against the old ball on a flat deck. He's bought himself another Test. But why can't they pick someone with first class runs for fuck's sake?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imam takes a Broad drive to the groin, limps off. Broad gets out next ball. This is all going very fittingly
  • Options
    Start the day at 235-6 and all out for 242 is just shit
  • Options
    Have tickets but just can’t muster any enthusiasm to head up there again for the 4th day in a row.

I’m now wondering if this will be over in so few overs we get a 50% refund....
  • Options

We are quite shit aren't we?

Last 4 for 6 runs. We give shit a bad name.
  • Options
    Bayliss and Farbrace out. What a crock of shit. Every game we seem to collapse.
  • Options
    Was always gonna be a tall order - we lost this on day 1
  • Options
    That was a collapse of epic proportions. Absolute shite
  • Options
    Game on (!!!!)
  • Options
    Root on his knees there is giving all the newspapers their headline tomorrow