Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Options
    Thrilling IPL semi-final going on btw
  • Options
    Get in Anderson.
    Clean bowls Ashraf
  • Options
    You know what 'clean bowls' means, right?
  • Options

Catches win matches.
    We have now dropped five.

not seen them all on replay but a couple were half chances at best. The last one to Cook was almost a dolly. The one 3 balls before Bairstow should have gone for.

They say you can lose a Test match if you have a couple of bad sessions....we've had a couple of bad days.

Root ain't a captain imo.
  • Options
    Stokes gets the 7th. Only 150 behind.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    337-8 and one off retired hurt, so possibly, I'd say probably won't bat again tonight in this innings.
    He may be ok for tomorrow.
  • Options
    350-8 COP.
  • Options
    Looks like they'll have a lead of 180-200, even if the injured player doesn't bat again. We will need to get 400 plus to have any chance....which we wont.
  • Options
    Pakistan get a par first innings score, we don't. They've done nothing special really, but then they've not needed to
  • Options
    In my view Root's competency as a captain is under major scrutiny by his utterly ridiculous decision to bat yesterday when the conditions were screaming out for England to bowl in conditions that so favoured them

He should be replaced by Anderson who has the length of service and understanding of test cricket to make the right decisions

Discuss......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Yes I do.
    But if the ball hits the stumps it feels like a clean bowled even if technically it's not
  • Options
    edited May 2018

In my view Root's competency as a captain is under major scrutiny by his utterly ridiculous decision to bat yesterday when the conditions were screaming out for England to bowl in conditions that so favoured them

He should be replaced by Anderson who has the length of service and understanding of test cricket to make the right decisions

Discuss......

But Anderson will be retired within a couple of years.
    There's not an obvious answer.
    Stokes, Buttler or Bairstow I'd say, but bizarrely it would have to be Stokes out of those, which is why Root will probably keep it.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Yes I do.
    But if the ball hits the stumps it feels like a clean bowled even if technically it's not
    Well generally the ball does have to hit the stumps for someone to be bowled...
  • Options

Discuss......

Apart from anything else, if Root's batting goes to pot as a result of the captaincy, can England afford the lack of runs?

I would have been happy with Jimmy as captain as a short term measure. I can't see him retiring before next summer's Ashes, which would be a perfectly acceptable timescale before someone else takes over.

Broad would be another short term option. Maybe he's a bit self centred, but he's intelligent and comfortable in front of the press.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Leuth said:

Yes I do.
    Well generally the ball does have to hit the stumps for someone to be bowled...
    Or run out
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    363-9 innings closed
    Pak lead by 179

Babar Azam retired hurt with a broken wrist I think.
  • Options

363-9 innings closed
    Pak lead by 179

Babar Azam retired hurt with a broken wrist I think.

Excellent batting conditions for England, no excuses for not making a decent score
  • Options
    Am looking forward to another day in the sun but with less wickets!
  • Options
    Shit
  • Options
    Cook lbw Abbas 1

1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This England side is an embarrassment. It feels like we're heading back to the dark days of the 1990's :-(
  • Options
    31-2

Stoneman out for 9
  • Options

31-2

Stoneman out for 9

That must be it for Stoneman, he looks shot
  • Options

31-2

Stoneman out for 9

Malan quickly to follow I hope.
  • Options

31-2

Stoneman out for 9

Good use of an 'o' at the end.
  • Options
    91/4, 2 wickets in an over Malan and Bairstow out.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Just heard that England have not lost the 1st Test match of an Englush summer since 1995 ( v Windies). Since then we've had 16 wins & 6 draws.

This one might not even reach the 4th day. Are you allowed to boo at at home of cricket because if I was there today I'll certainly be giving the players some stick.
  • Options

Just heard that England have not lost the 1st Test match of an Englush summer since 1995 ( v Windies). Since then we've had 16 wins & 6 draws.

This one might not even reach the 4th day. Are you allowed to boo at at hone of cricket because if I was there today I'll certainly be giving the players some stick.

The England players will be pelted with champagne corks
  • Options

This one might not even reach the 4th day. Are you allowed to boo at at home of cricket because if I was there today I'll certainly be giving the players some stick.

Presumably, the 1st Test of the summer isn't usually at Lords.
  • Options
    104-5

Stokes gone.