Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Options
    Nothing about Carr being available on nfl.com
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Amari Cooper traded to the Cowboys...for a first round pick! Derek Carr also available for trade. Jags or Giants need to make that happen ASAP.

Don’t know whether this is good deal or not for Raiders.
    A first round pick is definitely a good deal. They have three first round picks in the 2019 draft now.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Nothing about Carr being available on nfl.com

Twitter rumours.
  • Options

Amari Cooper traded to the Cowboys...for a first round pick! Derek Carr also available for trade. Jags or Giants need to make that happen ASAP.

It's too late for the G-Men to save their season. It's probably better for them to tank this year and pick a QB high in the draft. The Jags would make more sense.
  • Options

What the actual f
  • Options
    Complete bone head move. It’s like Jerry Jones got hold of the PlayStation controller while no one else was watching.
  • Options
    If there was justice in the world he’d get injured next game.
  • Options
    So three1st round picks and nearly 80m of cap space next season.

Currently got oldest squad this season apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's too late for the G-Men to save their season. It's probably better for them to tank this year and pick a QB high in the draft. The Jags would make more sense.
    Jags?! Absolutely not. Have you not seen how much we're paying our defence? We have absolutely nothing available financially unless we dismantle our defence even further than we're already going to, because we're projected to be $20m or so over the cap for 2019.

We simply do not have the money.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Jags?! Absolutely not. Have you not seen how much we're paying our defence? We have absolutely nothing available financially unless we dismantle our defence even further than we're already going to, because we're projected to be $20m or so over the cap for 2019.

Maybe not for Carr but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Jags traded for Tyrod, Eli, Foles or Bradford or even Bridgewater. I personally believe Tyrod, Foles and Bridgewater are all upgrades on Bortles.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Maybe not for Carr but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Jags traded for Tyrod, Eli, Foles or Bradford or even Bridgewater. I personally believe Tyrod, Foles and Bridgewater are all upgrades on Bortles.
    Eli is a hard pass. He has zero arm strength and simply wouldn't be a good fit.

Tyrod would fit with how conservative we've been in our playcalling (Mr Checkdown), and has similar mobility to Bortles.

Foles - the price tag attached might be a little high. And he's like Blake in that he blows hot and cold when he actually plays - a good post-season run does not a QB make.

I don't know if Teddy Bridgewater even exists at this point to be fair.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Tyrod would fit with how conservative we've been in our playcalling (Mr Checkdown), and has similar mobility to Bortles.

Foles - the price tag attached might be a little high. And he's like Blake in that he blows hot and cold when he actually plays - a good post-season run does not a QB make.

Agree on Eli, I actually think he's a downgrade at this point - although looked OKish last night against a terrible Falcons secondary.

Foles would probably cost buy you'd expect teams to have explored the issue.

I'm a big fan of Tyrod and probably slightly bias but he's a safe(r) pair of hands.

Bridgewater looked good in preseason for the Jets, which is why the Saints traded for him, although they're using Taysom Hill more now.

There's another name, RG3 - although the Ravens want to keep him to mentor Lamar Jackson. I fully expect Flacco to be traded or cut this offseason.

It's interesting. Are you expecting Bortles to start this Sunday?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Agree on Eli, I actually think he's a downgrade at this point - although looked OKish last night against a terrible Falcons secondary.

Foles would probably cost buy you'd expect teams to have explored the issue.

I'm a big fan of Tyrod and probably slightly bias but he's a safe(r) pair of hands.

Bridgewater looked good in preseason for the Jets, which is why the Saints traded for him, although they're using Taysom Hill more now.

There's another name, RG3 - although the Ravens want to keep him to mentor Lamar Jackson. I fully expect Flacco to be traded or cut this offseason.

It's interesting. Are you expecting Bortles to start this Sunday?
    "A terrible Falcons secondary", given they're missing half their starting defense, is very much the issue with judging Eli! He's too old. He'd be a one, absolute tops two-year "solution".

Tyrod... Man, I don't know. Would be such an uninspired trade. In fairness, we don't have receivers who get thrown to on the outside too often, so I could see him fitting, but as we are currently without a run game, I wouldn't want to trade certainly this season. But it wouldn't be the worst move imo.

Taysom Hill is a really interesting case. He's been used at TE, KR, QB, WR, gunner and all sorts.

And RG3 is made of glass...

I reckon Bortles will start - that's what Doug Marrone said yesterday, anyway. And I hope he can turn it around, but when there's nothing left offensively, god knows what he or anyone else can do.

Kessler in a pass offense is not a fair comparison especially as the Texans were in "Contain" mode.

Thing is though - we just need to score first. If we do that, we win. In our last 18 games, we've won when we scored first (10 games) and lost when the opposition do so (8 games). Weird.
  • Options
    Can someone please explain that trade?
  • Options
    So they’ve spent a first round pick (that could have been used on a QB) to see if their QB is good enough on a receiver that they could have probably got for a lot less.
  • Options

So they’ve spent a first round pick (that could have been used on a QB) to see if their QB is good enough on a receiver that they could have probably got for a lot less.
    Dak is there QB moving forward that looks certain to me. He just has no weapons. Good trade but slightly overpaid imo
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Dak is there QB moving forward that looks certain to me. He just has no weapons. Good trade but slightly overpaid imo
    I think a team ‘like Dallas’ has to be aiming A LOT higher at QB than Dak. He has as much chance of winning anything as Bortles does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Dak showed his capabilities in 2016. There has been a big downturn since Romo left the sideline and stopped feeding playcalls into his ear (an absolute travesty that Romo never got to a Super Bowl).

Hopefully that maturity for Dak will come with time.
  • Options

Dak showed his capabilities in 2016. There has been a big downturn since Romo left the sideline and stopped feeding playcalls into his ear (an absolute travesty that Romo never got to a Super Bowl).

Hopefully that maturity for Dak will come with time.

He doesn't have many options out wide right now.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I think the jury is still out on Dak. I've been quite impressed with him, bot only in his rookie year but also how he calls plays at the line of scrimmage.
  • Options
    Just seen the trade under review in the fantasy league, doesn’t look very even to me but on what grounds do you veto? I see there’s 2 already but not sure how that usually works.
  • Options
    made the mistake of meeting the mrs in the barrowboy and banker on saturday evening not realising it was a designated nfl pre party pub, although the cheerleaders were quite good to look at.
  • Options

Just seen the trade under review in the fantasy league, doesn’t look very even to me but on what grounds do you veto? I see there’s 2 already but not sure how that usually works.

Yeah I thought that was a real mismatch. I guess if both parties are happy with the trade it makes sense, but it certainly benefits one side more
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I'm the one trading Connor if that helps? I'm happy with it and it was proposed to me by @RomseyAddick

From my side of the trade I'm confident I can get other running backs off waivers with season injuries etc and I need a WR and I think Allen will come good. I already have Barkley as my RB1.
  • Options

I'm the one trading Connor if that helps? I'm happy with it and it was proposed to me by @RomseyAddick

From my side of the trade I'm confident I can get other running backs off waivers with season injuries etc and I need a WR and I think Allen will come good. I already have Barkley as my RB1.
    Yeah I need an RB1, TRR needs a WR1 - I'm certainly happy with it too
  • Options
    What a mess in Oakland...

According to the Athletic's Vic Tafur, a number of Raiders veterans have questioned coach Jon Gruden's "accountability" in the wake of the Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper trades.

"When what you say and what you do are two different things, there is a problem," one player told Tafur. Gruden allegedly told the players Cooper would not be traded, and then he was flipped to the Cowboys after the bye. Cooper was pulled off the practice field with no explanation. Gruden didn't tell the players why, and also talked to the media about the trade before addressing the team, as the rest of the squad learned of the deal via their phones. "Of course I’m concerned about the locker room," veteran TE Lee Smith said. Another player added, "I think many of us realize we won’t be here next year. We are just waiting to see if we will be here next week." The Gruden tenure is off to a roaring start.
    Source: The Athletic
  • Options
    Caught the NFL Show on the BBC for the first time last night, and happened to see what Chapman, Umenyiora and Bell were saying about Bortles.

Absolute bollocks. No mention of Fournette even as an injury! All the blame being pinned on Blake is unfair. Yes he's played poorly (really quite poorly in some instances) but c'mon lads, at least do a bit of research instead of scorching hot "they need a new QB" takes...