Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Options

What a mess in Oakland...

According to the Athletic's Vic Tafur, a number of Raiders veterans have questioned coach Jon Gruden's "accountability" in the wake of the Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper trades.

"When what you say and what you do are two different things, there is a problem," one player told Tafur. Gruden allegedly told the players Cooper would not be traded, and then he was flipped to the Cowboys after the bye. Cooper was pulled off the practice field with no explanation. Gruden didn't tell the players why, and also talked to the media about the trade before addressing the team, as the rest of the squad learned of the deal via their phones. "Of course I’m concerned about the locker room," veteran TE Lee Smith said. Another player added, "I think many of us realize we won’t be here next year. We are just waiting to see if we will be here next week." The Gruden tenure is off to a roaring start.
    Source: The Athletic

The Raiders have just signed ex Vikings (2 games) kicker Daniel Carlson. Gruden is going all out for first pick in next year's draft
  • Options
    So if the league were to finish today the Raiders would have:

4th pick - from finishing position
    13th pick - from Dallas
    18th pick - from Chicago
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So if the league were to finish today the Raiders would have:

4th pick - from finishing position
    13th pick - from Dallas
    18th pick - from Chicago

And more overall picks to come when they trade down from at least one of those spots and trade Derek Carr and others.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I am doing NFL challenge sky one, we have 8 people in this league.

One person has realised today after 7 weeks they haven't selected a captain. How they have won a couple of games still, they are quite into their NFL and just assumed they wasn't picking very well. I did laugh :) Quite surprised it doesn't auto select one too, as that is alot of points lost
  • Options
    Not sure whether to start Trubisky or Roethlisberger at QB this week. I know who the better QB is but I think I owe Mitch some loyalty as he’s been putting up serious points, even if his actual pass game is off.
  • Options
    My Miami defence score zero points !!
  • Options
    Yeah, that one where Derek Carr dumps it off for -1 yardage.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    That's the kind of play that infuriates me on Madden. Good to see Parker back for the Dolphins.

Hopkins was amazing for the Texans last night.

Called back for defensive and offensive pass interference but...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jags players arrested are trying to skip London bar bill

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46008877
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Jags players arrested are trying to skip London bar bill

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46008877

American culture comes to London .. 50 GRAND bar bill ! .. and us football fans will have to put up with a torn up and still 'gridiron' marked pitch for Monday's potential classic, Spurs v Man City .. I like American football, but it should be played IN AMERICA
  • Options
    Anyway, should be a cracking day today, Philly fans have travelled in the thousands, it feels like the biggest US support we have seen here for years. Looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Or.... Premier league games should be played in Premier league grounds and not the National Stadium where set piece games, cup finals and events like NFL book them well in advance.

national ground indeed .. American Football is not a national game is it ? .. or do you know better ? ..
    Spurs have more right to play there than do the Jacky Jags at the behest of the owner of Fulham FC trying to make more cash for his already huge pile
    The last football (not American) game played at Wembley was spoilt by a threadbare, grassless pitch as a result of the ring for the Joshua fight being built there .. is that an acceptable use of the national stadium so far as you're concerned ?
  • Options
    First NFL I've watched on TV since it was on Channel 4.

Never really got into it as too stop/start and this game isn't converting me. Seems to be few sustained drives.

Is it typical or just a poor game?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Yep pretty much, no need to get vexed about it, there is a huge appetite for NFL here in the UK, every game sells out and its been a regular feature at Wembley for over a decade now.

Horse of the year show in 1970, that proper fucked the cup final!

I would drop NFL tomorrow to watch Charlton in the Checkatrade but Spurs V Man City because thier owner is late building his stadium whilst trying to make more cash for his already huge pile...nah couldnt give a toss.

I guarantee the NFL have pumped more money into the FA and Wembley than Spurs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Never really got into it as too stop/start and this game isn't converting me. Seems to be few sustained drives.

Poor game. Watch Rams v Packers or Saints v Vikings later.
  • Options

I did watch the Red Zone a couple of weeks ago and as it was all action I thought I'd give it a go.

Not having a St Louis team to "root" for doesn't help.
  • Options

I did watch the Red Zone a couple of weeks ago and as it was all action I thought I'd give it a go.

There was until 12 months ago. The St Louis Rams moved back to LA and are currently the best team in the NFL...although a few Kansas City Chiefs fans on here may disagree with me! I expect St Louis to get a franchise back eventually though.
  • Options

Last season this’d be one of the highlights of the season, this season they’ve both flopped massively and aren’t looking like competing.
  • Options

There was until 12 months ago. The St Louis Rams moved back to LA and are currently the best team in the NFL...although a few Kansas City Chiefs fans on here may disagree with me! I expect St Louis to get a franchise back eventually though.
    I thought they moved years ago.

Cardinals should come home.
  • Options
    Who is David Grinnage? Apparently he's our starting TE and I have literally no idea who he is.

We have no bite at all, and with our injuries, that won't change.
  • Options
    Have just realised the Celtic are on TV so that's me giving up on NFL until the Cardinals come home.
  • Options
    @redcarter
    @johnnybev1987
    @Manicmania
    @Indianaaddick
    @Henry Irving

Do you guys have a specific team you support?
    Noticed you’ve all commented in the thread in the past month but I don’t have you on our Charlton Life NFL supporters list
  • Options
    Think Henry's is the St. Louis Cardinals........
  • Options

Think Henry's is the St. Louis Cardinals........

Yep