Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• Fleetwood another side to "do a Golfaddick" coming back from 1-0 down to win
  • Bowyer will be delighted to have the week off. Apart from anything else, outdoors training will be impossible at the moment
    He mentioned not being able to train the other week due to the weather but isn't there a perfectly usable 3G pitch at the training ground , I'm sure there is or is it liable to cause injuries or something , I can't work out why we wouldn't use it
    Even 3g pitches can freeze, especially if it's rained a fair bit before the frost comes in.
  • Doncaster are 3/1 to beat Sunderland at the weekend. Bloody tempting!!
    Amazing what signing Bogle does to your odds!
  • Oxford really climbing the table un noticed
  • Hard to see Jonson Clarke-Harris continue to bang them in 
  • Valley11 said:
    Hard to see Jonson Clarke-Harris continue to bang them in 
    But he did again today so what signs are there that it won't continue?
  • 1000 comments
  • Sponsored links:

3 teams tonight in our league alone, out of just 9 matches. 1 in 3. 

3 teams tonight in our league alone, out of just 9 matches. 1 in 3. 

Seems to happen more mid week, for some reason. 

• Still in the play offs. That's alright.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Only 6 behind Hull really isn’t as bad as I thought. 

A good run and we can definitely do this.
    Need to go on a but of a run to scare the others around us. Got to win 3 out of our next 4.
  • Laddick01 said:

No way would Hull be top 2 if all the teams had played 27 though. We're a long way behind Lincoln and Doncaster, we'd need one heck of a run to finish top 2, probably about 14 wins from 19 minimum, it's not going to happen. 
  • mendonca said:
    Valley11 said:
    Hard to see Jonson Clarke-Harris continue to bang them in 
    But he did again today so what signs are there that it won't continue?
    I meant; because he was due to sign for us but the crazies were in charge 
  • Laddick01 said:

No way would Hull be top 2 if all the teams had played 27 though. We're a long way behind Lincoln and Doncaster, we'd need one heck of a run to finish top 2, probably about 14 wins from 19 minimum, it's not going to happen. 
    It’s not really a long way though is it? 
  • Sponsored links:

• We need a minimum of 10 points from the next twelve to even be looking at a chance of going up automatically.
  • edited February 2021
    Laddick01 said:

.....plus we play them at the end of the season. Assume we will that then the gap is only 3 points. It’s Donny and Lincoln that are in the box seat.
  • edited February 2021
    Addickted said:
    We need a minimum of 10 points from the next twelve to even be looking at a chance of going up automatically.
    Addickted said:
    We need a minimum of 10 points from the next twelve to even be looking at a chance of going up automatically.
    This! Anything less and it’s the playoffs, at best. Frankly, if we can’t beat the quality of Gillingham, Fleetwood, Burton and Blackpool, we won’t deserve the auto places anyway.
  • Teams get dismissed halfway to bottom in the Leagues as though they have no quality is a misplaced terminology.   Teams at the bottom are there for a reason sure but, they do have purple patches when their form upturns and do beat top sides. 

Shrewsbury for instance, bottom four for a while, yet they have beaten Sunderland,  Peterborough, Lincoln & Doncaster in their last 10 games.  Currently 17th below Blackpool, Fleetwood & Gillingham.

Blackpool have beaten Hull & Portsmouth in their last 10.

Fleetwood beat Doncaster and we know they are capable and have beaten other top teams,

Even Burton, yep remember them bottom beat Hull & Gillingham their last 2 games.

• In the next five/six game weeks there is at least one fixture where sides up the top end are playing each other.....

This weekend:

Lincoln v Accrington 
    Sunderland v Donny 

Following Tuesday:

Donny v Accrington 

Following:

Donny v Hull 
    Charlton v Fleetwood 
    Oxford v Ipswich 

Following Tuesday:

Hull v Ipswich

Yes we do need a very positive run of results, granted, but other teams will start taking points from each other! And as much as everyone jokes and whittles about players coming back...I really do think we are only going to get stronger! 

• It’ll come down to our run in. Aren’t our last 8 games against top teams? That’s when we need to hit form.
  • edited February 2021
    Laddick01 said:

That’s why we were 100-1 to win the league last week. One win later and those odds have fallen to 40-1. We couldn’t, could we..........?
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Laddick01 said:

It’s not really a long way though is it? 
    I think it is yes. 9 points off Lincoln who have a game in hand and a much better GD. 5 points off Doncaster who have three games in hand. Yes games in hand don't mean they will necessarily get the points in the bag, but even if you guess at 4 points in those three games that still leaves us roughly 9 points off both the top 2. So to be honest I don't know how you can say otherwise. 
  • At this stage of the season, points in the bag are worth more than games in hand. Take Carlisle in League 2 for example - they are 6 points off the top with 5 games in hand but still have 23 games to play!

That said, we have neither points in the bag nor games in hand. We've been on a run of picking up just 20 points from our last 17 games with just 5 wins from those matches; there aren't just 5 clubs above us with games in hand but there are the likes of Oxford who have been in far better form in winning 8 of their last 9, with two new signings scoring last night, just below us too.

The table has a bit of a feel of the 2018/19 season and if we go on a good run we will make the play offs. For automatic promotion we will need a minimum of 88 points as at least two from the five above us will achieve at least that. That's 45 points from 57 (or 14 wins and 3 draws from 19 games) for us when we've only achieved 43 out of 81 all season to date. Look at our run in too - our final 9 games are all against teams in the top 12. It's no use saying "if we beat Lincoln, if we beat Hull etc etc" because "if" isn't in the equation. Draws against those sides won't be enough either.

We are also assuming that we aren't going to sustain our usual number of injuries or suspensions along the way. The important thing is to keep the momentum going so that if and when we make the play offs we are the ones in form. 
  • edited February 2021
    Addickted said:

Automatic? Here’s me praying we scrape a playoff place.