Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    98-1
  • Options
    Looks like a good wicket at Derby. 144 - 1.
  • Options
    210-2

Both wickets to Thomas
  • Options
    308-4

Great to see Riles get a couple of wickets
  • Options

308-4

Great to see Riles get a couple of wickets

Good for Adam, not so good the overall score! This match has draw written all over it
  • Options
    3rd wicket for Adam !

323 - 5 now.
  • Options
    6 down
  • Options
    Small chance of enforcing the follow on
  • Options
    Derbyshire trail Kent by 217 runs with 4 wickets remaining
  • Options
    Riley and Denly have bowled the most overs, that makes a change this summer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7 down
  • Options
    Sussex on course to lose.
  • Options
    What's the follow on target in these games?
  • Options
    150 runs
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Just realised that the bonus point system has changed.

Bonus points can be earned in the first 120 overs of the first innings.

Batting 200-249 1 point, 250-299 2 points, 300-349 3 points, Over 350 4 points

Bowling 3 to 4 wickets 1 point, 5 to 6 wickets 2 points, 7 to 8 wickets 3 points, 9 to 10 wickets 4 points

As of now we have 7 bonus points

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I make it 8 as I thought we got 5 batting bonus points......or am I mistaken?
  • Options
    8 wickets down, 2 for Stewart
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    LenGlover said:

Bowling 3 to 4 wickets 1 point, 5 to 6 wickets 2 points, 7 to 8 wickets 3 points, 9 to 10 wickets 4 points

That's the old system - it's been 5 batting and 3 bowling points earned in the first 110 overs for a few years now.

Batting points earned at 200, 250, 300, 350, and 400 runs

Bowling points earned after taking 3, 6, and 9 wickets.

At the moment we've got 7 points: 5 batting and 2 bowling. The next wicket will give us maximum bonus points.

Edit: Ignore the last sentence, we've already bowled more than 110 overs!
  • Options
    We should make them follow-on really, but it's a big ask considering we've already been out there for 120 overs.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

That's the old system - it's been 5 batting and 3 bowling points earned in the first 110 overs for a few years now.

Batting points earned at 200, 250, 300, 350, and 400 runs

Bowling points earned after taking 3, 6, and 9 wickets.

At the moment we've got 7 points: 5 batting and 2 bowling. The next wicket will give us maximum bonus points.

Edit: Ignore the last sentence, we've already bowled more than 110 overs!
    Ah OK.......thanks for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Henners takes his first wicket of the innings!

Derby now 374-9, 187 runs behind Kent, still needing another 38 runs to avoid the follow-on.

Edit: Sorry Henry, not your wicket! Your bowling, your run out, but you don't get the credit for it in the bowling stats!
  • Options
    Henry has been, statistically, our worst bowler. Probably the only innings this season we can say that.
  • Options

Henry has been, statistically, our worst bowler. Probably the only innings this season we can say that.

Rusty I imagine.

I can't see how we can win without enforcing the follow on. I suppose we could thrash a quick 150-200 then put them back in again, but it would be a tricky declaration
  • Options
    400 all out, Thomas picks up the final wicket
  • Options
    Sussex are still hanging on against Middlesex: 175-9 needing another 56 runs to win but only one wicket in hand.

The final pair have already put on 47 ...
  • Options
    We've enforced the follow on. Lead by 161.
  • Options

Rusty I imagine.

I can't see how we can win without enforcing the follow on. I suppose we could thrash a quick 150-200 then put them back in again, but it would be a tricky declaration
    Surely Bilbo must invite Derby to bat again.

Sussex have just lost to Middlesex by 55 runs (hooray!) but a draw doesn't really help us given our lack of batting points this season; we need to push for the win.

Put Derby back in and if we manage to bowl them out in time go into T20 mode to try and knock off the runs in double-quick time.
  • Options
    How many games left? We get points for a draw don't we? (I'm living abroad so not up to date with rule changes): The draw would narrow the gap (a bit) as Sussex have lost, so not a bad week without being a very good one. Maybe if Warwickshire beat Sussex and we pick up a win we can claw our way into 2nd place.
  • Options

How many games left? We get points for a draw don't we? (I'm living abroad so not up to date with rule changes): The draw would narrow the gap (a bit) as Sussex have lost, so not a bad week without being a very good one. Maybe if Warwickshire beat Sussex and we pick up a win we can claw our way into 2nd place.

Win 16
    Draw 8

Still 4 games left, so a lot of points to play for
  • Options

Win 16
    Draw 8

Still 4 games left, so a lot of points to play for
    Not quite: a draw is worth 5 points, a tie is worth 8 points.