Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    On the bright side they forgot to charge me the £1 cup deposit, so I made a quid back
  • Options
    Gutted for you guys. Really wanted you lot to have a finals day. Shame. Almost peaked too early in the competition. Seemed to play your best cricket early on and faded towards the end of the group stages.
  • Options

"Certainly we didn't want to prepare a wicket like that knowing Lancs' spin". Billings having a dig?

Pretty brutal comments by Billings about the Canterbury pitch. Snotheap!
    On a flat pitch, we'd back ourselves against anyone. But this wasn't really the pitch you want to prepare against Lancashire with their five spinning options.

"At least at Beckenham we know we're going to get a flat pitch. The only time we come unstuck is on snotheaps like this one."
  • Options
    Pretty disappointing but somehow felt pessimistic about a win before a ball was bowled.

Oh well, no decision to make now for 15th September.....Bradford here we come .
  • Options

Pretty disappointing but somehow felt pessimistic about a win before a ball was bowled.

Oh well, no decision to make now for 15th September.....Bradford here we come .

I felt even more pessimistic after 2 balls were bowled!

Who wants to go to Edgbaston anyway
  • Options
    You could almost understand if it was a strip at Old Trafford, but you were at home ffs - there is a reason for having a home tie !
  • Options
    I was pretty critical when Billings was appointed captain, assuming it was a sop to stop him leaving, and am happy to admit I was wrong

I was really impressed with his energy last night, and he does seem to "get it", he understands what being a captain of a county actually means, on and off the pitch. He's a far more natural leader than SNE
  • Options

I was pretty critical when Billings was appointed captain, assuming it was a sop to stop him leaving, and am happy to admit I was wrong

I was really impressed with his energy last night, and he does seem to "get it", he understands what being a captain of a county actually means, on and off the pitch. He's a far more natural leader than SNE

This 100%. He also has a calmness and maturity as well. Remember reading an interview with him a couple of years ago when he said he needed to step up and win matches for Kent, and it seems like he is now starting to deliver. excellent stumping last night and he got about a quarter of our runs. Hope he doesn't get picked for England again as it didn't do him any good.
  • Options

Gutted for you guys. Really wanted you lot to have a finals day. Shame. Almost peaked too early in the competition. Seemed to play your best cricket early on and faded towards the end of the group stages.

Reallly??? We won 5 of our last 6 scoring 231 in one highest ever score and chased down some big targets.we were bang on form just a typical Kent performance when the pressures on nothing to do with peaking too early.we only lost twice with some no results
  • Options
    I see our challenge to win promotion with the lowest batting points total in history continues. 9-1 already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Stevo in this match but at least Matt Henry is back in the side:

Dicko, Crawley, Denly, Kuhn, DBD, Bilbo, Podders, Stewart, Henners, Riley, Thomas.

Zak's having some fun, 37 no from 38 deliveries (incl 6 4s and one 6), Joe 7* (11).

Kent 53-1 (9.2 ov)
  • Options
    Ollie Robinson has to consider himself a bit unlucky to have been left out. Dickson, who is out, opened with Crawley and DBD dropped down the order to 5.

However, Podmore now bats at 7 which really does leave us with a tail.
  • Options
    DBD has also been bowling more in Club cricket and for the 2s and the suggestion is that he wants to turn himself into an all rounder. By all accounts, whilst he isn't rapid, he does bowl at a decent clip.
  • Options

Ollie Robinson has to consider himself a bit unlucky to have been left out. Dickson, who is out, opened with Crawley and DBD dropped down the order to 5.

However, Podmore now bats at 7 which really does leave us with a tail.

In the first innings in the Championship this season the tail has started with nos 1 & 2 ...
  • Options
    Oh that's shame. I was hoping to umpire fellow Charlton fan Riley on Saturday...he took 5-41 last weekend! DBD has only bowled 10 overs this year (1-47) in his two games for Blackheath...
  • Options

DBD has also been bowling more in Club cricket and for the 2s and the suggestion is that he wants to turn himself into an all rounder. By all accounts, whilst he isn't rapid, he does bowl at a decent clip.

DBD hasn't been batting like an opening bat either...

I imagine DBD has noticed how successful Joe has been at turning himself into a genuine all rounder, and the T20 contracts that have opened up as result
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Oh that's shame. I was hoping to umpire fellow Charlton fan Riley on Saturday...he took 5-41 last weekend! DBD has only bowled 10 overs this year (1-47) in his two games for Blackheath...

At least Riley is playing this match.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Indeed but he also bowled in both innings of a recent 2s match, a game that he specifically asked to play in to do just that.

I believe that he used to be an all rounder but had to stop bowling due to an ongoing injury. By all accounts he bowled well (5-2-13-1) on Saturday and wasn't slow either and had Calum MacLeod caught behind.

Having a second string to his bow can only help him because he is struggling to justify his place in the side as an opening bat.
  • Options
    Racing along at 98-1 off 21. Perhaps the message has been to treat it as a T20 because we get more in that form of the game than we do in the 1st innings of a CC.

Crawley 56* (60)
    Denly 33* (62)
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

At least Riley is playing this match.
    If/when he bowls at least there's a chance of some sympathetic umpiring; Nick Cook and Ian Blackwell are the men in the middle for this match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

We win inside 3 days and he still might play for Bexley!
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

We win inside 3 days and he still might play for Bexley!
    I'd hope he'd come down to Southend if we win within 3 days :smile:
  • Options
    Sussex reduce Middlesex to 46-3, Warks have Gloucs at 66-3, the other games aren't going our way so far
  • Options
    Lunch

Kent 133-1 (32 ov)

Dicko lbw 4 (7b; 1x4; SR 57.14)
    Denly 47* (96b; 7x4; SR 48.95)
    Crawley 76* (89b; 10x4; 2x6; SR 85.39)

FoW 4-1 (2.1ov)

Current partnership: 129 (29.5 ov)

Current prognosis for a batting point: Reasonable chance.
  • Options

Lunch

Kent 133-1 (32 ov)

Dicko lbw 4 (7b; 1x4; SR 57.14)
    Denly 47* (96b; 7x4; SR 48.95)
    Crawley 76* (89b; 10x4; 2x6; SR 85.39)

FoW 4-1 (2.1ov)

Current partnership: 129 (29.5 ov)

Current prognosis for a batting point: Reasonable chance.

Well, whadda ya know!
  • Options
    Durham 102-7 at lunch against Northants!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh no, Zak!

Out lbw for 96 :disappointed:

The only consolation is that it's his highest first class score.

Kent 174-2
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Rotten luck for Zak. Looking like quite the prospect though, isn't he?
  • Options
    Another "failure" in the 90s must be devastating. I was very surprised he played, but they knew what they were doing!