Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page

Comments

• Options
    Sad to see him go, I hope he can continue to play, had the making of a really good player. Two memories, his goal against Plymouth and the red card although struggling to remember who against now, took one for the team.
  • Options
    Had the pleasure to speak with Page a couple of times and seems a nice lad. Shame it never worked out for him as everyone wanted to him to succeed. Must be gutting going almost two years without being able to play a professional match. 
  • Options
    Sad it didn't work out, but it's for the best for best parties that it comes to an end now. Hopefully he'll go on and rebuild his career elsewhere. Time is definitely still on his side. 

Good luck Lewis 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Sad to see him go, I hope he can continue to play, had the making of a really good player. Two memories, his goal against Plymouth and the red card although struggling to remember who against now, took one for the team.
    Bolton away, beat them 2-1.

Memorable for being attacked in the toilet by @RedChaser
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Bolton away, beat them 2-1.

Memorable for being attacked in the toilet by @RedChaser
    Made you jump but that's another story 😉.
  • Options
    Decent Championship player with a chance of PL if he was fit but through no fault of his always injured with us.  I hope he finds another club and discovers his fitness and form

• Options
    27 games in 3 1/2 seasons say it all really. Potentially a good player, but a terrible injury record, especially as it's not been because of "one off" bad injuries such cruciates or bad breaks, but rather ongoing muscle problems.
  • Options
    We never saw much of Lewis   , but that goal against Plymouth showed what he is capable of  . Not his fault for being injury prone  , I hope his luck changes at his next club .
  • Options
    Still feel he suffered under Roland's lack of investment when he had to play v Scunthorpe when we had no left backs until Jan. Played the game v Luton the weekend before and was struggling then. Then v Scunthorpe it finished him off.
  • Options
    Still feel he suffered under Roland's lack of investment when he had to play v Scunthorpe when we had no left backs until Jan. Played the game v Luton the weekend before and was struggling then. Then v Scunthorpe it finished him off.
    This and not replacing Karlan was what cost us the top two, maybe even the League One title last year

Of course we would never have had the Bauer moment @ Wembley but my life expectancy age would be a lot lower too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I shame because he is a decent player, but I suppose it was inevitable with his injuries. Can't help but have a nagging feeling that he will go somewhere else, get fit and play really well. Wish him luck.
    I hope he does, but I worry that he'll struggle to get a contract anywhere at a decent level
    Can’t see anybody offering him a deal unless it’s on a pay as you play basis - which means he isn’t going to get paid. Shame that a promising career is going to end up in very early retirement. 
    I'd have offered him that.

Can still train with us, try and get fit, then see how things go. Nothing to lose on our part and if he gets fit he'd be a good quality L1 left back.

Huge emphasis on the 'if' though.
  • Options
    Good luck Lewis, very good player blighted by injuries. All the best for the future and hope you stay injury free and can show your undoubted ability consistently.
  • Options
    I shame because he is a decent player, but I suppose it was inevitable with his injuries. Can't help but have a nagging feeling that he will go somewhere else, get fit and play really well. Wish him luck.
    I hope he does, but I worry that he'll struggle to get a contract anywhere at a decent level
    Can’t see anybody offering him a deal unless it’s on a pay as you play basis - which means he isn’t going to get paid. Shame that a promising career is going to end up in very early retirement. 
    I'd have offered him that.

Can still train with us, try and get fit, then see how things go. Nothing to lose on our part and if he gets fit he'd be a good quality L1 left back.

Huge emphasis on the 'if' though.
    He's allowed to do that anyway isnt he?

Bit like Roger Johnson when his contract expired, he was still allowed to train @ Sparrows Lane as we were his last club
  • Options
    Such a shame. Good player and seems a good lad. Think he needs to get away from CAFC even though he won’t be high on many buyers’ lists with his record. Purrington is back to his level in league 1 so Page probably a luxury that we neither need nor can afford. I wish him all the best. 
  • Options
    Good luck Lewis. Hope it works out for you. 
  • Options
    It could be complete nonsense on my part but I think Lewis Page, despite his injuries, has made a hidden contribution in that he is apparently great mates with Josh Cullen which might just have persuaded Cullen to return for a second season.

I started a thread elsewhere about best loan players we have had but Josh Cullen, with two good seasons, is certainly up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best of luck Lewis. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he has a great season for Plymouth, without a hint of injury, and then signs for blinkin’ Bournemouth or someone. That’d be typical of our luck. 
    I do wonder how much an impact the Bowyer way of playing has had. His system does ask a hell of a lot from full backs physically.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he has a great season for Plymouth, without a hint of injury, and then signs for blinkin’ Bournemouth or someone. That’d be typical of our luck. 
    Would be annoying but I'd be happy for him to get his career back on track
    Me too. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I do wonder how much an impact the Bowyer way of playing has had. His system does ask a hell of a lot from full backs physically.
    Yeah but only for 90 minutes. Tch, modern players etc etc. 
    He may I’ve just been incredibly unlucky. It’s always hard to know, because clubs don’t tend to talk about players’ frailties in too much detail for obvious reasons. 
  • Options
    Nailed on for player of the season at Plymouth.
  • Options
    Sounds positive for him, managed half a game in a friendly for Plymouth.
    https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/lewis-page-plymouth-argyle-trial-4408077.amp
  • Options
    Top class lad who I wish the best for.

Really hope he gets a contract and does well wherever he ends up. I actually would’ve been tempted to offer him a contract, believe it or not. He will smash it in League One as long as he can believe in himself.

Good luck Pagey.
  • Options

• Options
    Dont blame him wanting something more long term but doubt he'll get much

Unfortunately Lewis is at the point where he need to prove it
  • Options
    Think he will end up at a club closer to London and sign a 1 year deal with the option of a further year should he play X amount of games.