Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page

Comments

• Options
    Just got engaged as well

Who took that for him?
  • Options
    Just got engaged as well

Who took that for him?
    Chris Solly 
  • Options
    We had no choice but to release him but I think Exeter will sell him at the end of the season to a championship club, if and it’s a big if that he stays clear if injuries
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sorry to say this and maybe I am wrong but are our medical staff doing something wrong.

We couldn't get anything out of Page and he kept breaking down in training, he has gone to Exeter player 2 ninety minutes in a row.

Were we pushing him to hard

You could say the lock down helped him as it gave his body time to recover but if thats all he needed then surely at some point over the last 2 seasons he would have had that with us.

I hope he has a full season and plays well, but I am starting to question why our medical team couldn't get this from him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry said a page or two ago that perhaps the issue was more mental... Seems to have put to bed some demons perhaps, the change of scenery and club looks like it's working and long may it continue for him.
  • Options
    Maybe also left at the wrong time... Danny Murphy appears to have come in and changed the whole mentality around the club

Bowyer certainly seems to listen to the physio team more over when players can play or not

I wonder if he was a bit too stubborn to take their advice last season, the injuries piled up and he maybe felt it was because he didnt listen that it happened
  • Options
    There is an element of this which is the systems we play and the intensity Bowyer demands. Whatever variation of his system he uses Bowyer always demands a hell of a lot from his full backs in terms of fitness and covering ground. We also play the game at a ridiculously high pace and intensity which last year we saw against better teams we were unable to keep up for the full length of games.

Another team playing another system and less intensity both in training/in games may well be that 5% difference he needs. 
    Flipside of that is for the last quarter of most matches the entire team stands stationary in the back third of the pitch shitting themselves until we let at least one goal in so it’s swings and roundabouts re: intensity/effort
  • Options
    Been saying for years it must be something to do with the medical dept. Every season we have far to many injuries & long term injuries. 
  • Options
    There is an element of this which is the systems we play and the intensity Bowyer demands. Whatever variation of his system he uses Bowyer always demands a hell of a lot from his full backs in terms of fitness and covering ground. We also play the game at a ridiculously high pace and intensity which last year we saw against better teams we were unable to keep up for the full length of games.

Another team playing another system and less intensity both in training/in games may well be that 5% difference he needs. 
    Modern full backs do need to be very fit now, most clubs will expect them to bomb up and down the wing.

With Page, it was the fact that he would be out for relatively minor issues which dragged on with constant relapses. The big issue for Page going forward is when he gets his first "minor" injury and how he recovers from it
  • Options
    Sorry to say this and maybe I am wrong but are our medical staff doing something wrong.

We couldn't get anything out of Page and he kept breaking down in training, he has gone to Exeter player 2 ninety minutes in a row.

You could say the lock down helped him as it gave his body time to recover but if thats all he needed then surely at some point over the last 2 seasons he would have had that with us.

I hope he has a full season and plays well, but I am starting to question why our medical team couldn't get this from him
    You may be right but way too early to be blaming this on the medical staff. He's played 2 matches, not 2 seasons. I hope he does stay fit and fulfils his potential, personally I don't blame this particular one on the medical team. 
  • Options

But southall and nimer sorted it!! On a serious note, probably. Sandgaard if and when he takes over needs to look at our medical team and address, whether it be lack of budget or incompetence

our covid tests are probably as simple as a member of the medical team farting and asking who can smell it. Chucks said no and got sent home for 2 weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Classic, first full month after leaving Charlton he gets player of the month
  • Options
    Good lad. 
  • Options
    As soon as the old Charlton voodoo curse gets lifted...

He probably woke up the morning after without a pain in his whole body!

Good luck to the fella!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who was the fullback who got injured on his Charlton debut ..... and never played again?

Was that Gary Poole or someone else? 
    Poole got injured early on but I don't think it was his debut.
    I think I recall him scoring a screamer at QPR.
    I think he was a right back also?
  • Options
    Bless him. He has had such shitty luck with injuries. Hope he does well.
  • Options
    It’s really nice to read all the great comments here wishing him luck etc. I think everyone agrees that he was a good player when fit and it’s a shame for us that it looks like he’s had to leave to break the cycle of injuries he was having. As Henry said maybe a lot of it was physiological and he needed that clean break. And as someone else said if he can have an injury free season I doubt he’ll be at Exeter next season.

I too wish him all the best for the rest of his career.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Been saying for years it must be something to do with the medical dept. Every season we have far to many injuries & long term injuries. 
    Has not helped as well with bringing in players who have not played many games over a period of time.  Many who have had a history of injuries.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Has not helped as well with bringing in players who have not played many games over a period of time.  Many who have had a history of injuries.
    Agree to a point but we seem to have had injuries that took literally years to heal. Ahmed Kashi's achilles injury being one of them. It could be lack of budget or something else but its an area we need looking at 
  • Options
    Did Kashi and Vetokele both recover after leaving us?  Never followed their post Charlton careers.
  • Options
    Corey Gibbs went on to play another 83 games in the States after he left Cafc where he didn't play a match.