Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Think he will end up at a club closer to London and sign a 1 year deal with the option of a further year should he play X amount of games.
    He’s coming back?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:
    Think he will end up at a club closer to London and sign a 1 year deal with the option of a further year should he play X amount of games.
    He’s coming back?
    That do cross my mind but I think that ship has sailed.

Really hope he gets sorted though I think he might have to take a steps backwards, prove himself and then see what is on the table. I’d assume the Argyle offer was really low and it’s a long way away so presumably he felt thee would be a better offer elsewhere and closer....dangerous game in the current climate 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:
    He’s coming back?
    If he does come back then surely it will be on a pay as you play contract. 
    No f#$#ing way can we afford to pay him a years money to sit in the treatment room.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.  Maybe today's friendly opponents at Southend would take him on.  Guess it depends on his salary expectations.
  • Options
    Is it too optimistic to think that if Plymouth were prepared to make him an offer than his fitness might have turned a bit of a corner?
  • Options
    Played 45 minutes for Matt Taylor's Exeter City against Tiverton Town last night
  • Options
    Substituted or injured?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Substituted or injured?
    Taylor had two left back on trial so gave them 45 minutes each............... not injured for a change!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:
    He’s coming back?
    That do cross my mind but I think that ship has sailed.

Really hope he gets sorted though I think he might have to take a steps backwards, prove himself and then see what is on the table. I’d assume the Argyle offer was really low and it’s a long way away so presumably he felt thee would be a better offer elsewhere and closer....dangerous game in the current climate 
    Not sure he has the luxury of being picky over geography. Given his record he needs to sign with who ever is willing to take him on, this transfer window is a nightmare to be a free agent, and one with Page’s record is in a particularly precarious position. 
  • Options
    Another lead in his book.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope this can be a new and injury free chapter in the career of Lewis Page.
  • Options
    Remember the Charlton Legend Cory Gibbs;
    How could we forget.

Well despite not playing a single game for Charlton over 2 years from May 2006 when he signed. Over 4 years in the states from 2008 he played 82 matches !

Not a lot of people know that.

Lewis Page, a change of club can work wonders.

• Options
    It will beggar a very large question about our medical team if Lewis move on and suddenly becomes a proper player ( as I hope he does). 
  • Options
    It will beggar a very large question about our medical team if Lewis move on and suddenly becomes a proper player ( as I hope he does). 
    I'm taking a guess but I imagine under uncle Roland and the ESI crooks our medical team has been severely underfunded and understaffed for many years.
  • Options
    I don't think it will.

It was clear, and Bowyer referred to it, that part of the problem was in Page's head.

New start, new club and he will, with luck, thrive just as other rejected players do well with us.
    I could understand this back in the days of Cory Gibbs or Kelly Youga.
    But medical science, imaging etc has come on leaps and bounds in recent years.
    Even small muscle tears and strains can be picked up now on scans.
    It shouldn't be difficult to confirm whether a physical injury actually exists or if a player is just imagining it.
    It could transpire that we gave away an excellent player, just as he had finally got over years of injury problems.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Congrats Lewis and Paige.