Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page

Comments

• Options
    What was the injury last night?

• Options
    Interested to see what's happened and his next due back date.
  • Options
    His tweet doesn't sound promising, but I have faith he will play again, though not at this level.

He has the right attitude to keep working towards fitness.

Weird that he comes through all the hard physio etc and breaks down as soon as he's put in a game situation. 

Worse than Youga's situation as that was mental. This is physical and is believed each time to be ready again. 
  • Options
    He needs to be told to write off this season. Yes that's no good for him from a contractual perspective (I assume that it runs out this year) but he needs 6 months to get fit without the pressure of deadlines to meet. Then, come July, he can have one last attempt on a non contract basis either with us or on trial with other clubs - I'm sure that if he can then get through a few games, someone will then give him a six months minimum contract with an option to extend.
  • Options
    I'd say he's back relatively fit!

No injuries either!

• Options
    Knowing his luck he'll be fit throughout the lockdown then pull up soon as we're back. Though we're not likely to see him play for us again anyway, hopefully works out for him somewhere else. 
  • Options
    Does he live out near Stansted?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Talal said:
    Knowing his luck he'll be fit throughout the lockdown then pull up soon as we're back. Though we're not likely to see him play for us again anyway, hopefully works out for him somewhere else. 
    This lockdown may be a blessing in disguise for Lewis Page ....... without the pressure of programmed recovery and everyday intensity of training, no matches, etc - it may give his body the time it needs to heal properly?

I for one wish him the best of luck. He's been through a lot.

Agreed, might be tough for him to find a club though with his injury record. Imagine he'll have to drop a league or two. 
  • Options
    Given next year we will be shopping at food banks, a contract to Lewis should deffo be on cards.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Good to see Page fit and training with the team today.

• Options
    So Josh and Andre are happy to remain within the fold then...
  • Options
    for now at least, but lets see what happens June 30th when there loans expire and if West Ham and Villa are happy for them to stay
  • Options
    I was going to say he can’t get injured if he can’t go near a player...but he can. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    for now at least, but lets see what happens June 30th when there loans expire and if West Ham and Villa are happy for them to stay
    Nixon was saying the clubs dont have a say in the matter, that its up to the players if they want to stay as they wont be allowed to go back and represent their parent clubs

Its a difficult one, as its a season long loan that Josh Cullen has signed up for etc. - Well if the season is still going on 1st July...

Karlan Grant for example couldnt play for Charlton in the Play-Offs against Shrewsbury once his half season loan at Crawley was completed
  • Options
    Nixon was saying the clubs dont have a say in the matter, that its up to the players if they want to stay as they wont be allowed to go back and represent their parent clubs

Its a difficult one, as its a season long loan that Josh Cullen has signed up for etc. - Well if the season is still going on 1st July...

Karlan Grant for example couldnt play for Charlton in the Play-Offs against Shrewsbury once his half season loan at Crawley was completed
    Is it a season long loan, or do the have official end dates.

I thought they had official ends dates(30th June, same as contracts) thats why Grant couldn't play because although Crawley had no more games, he was still registered with them until 30th June.

Taylor said, all 3 parties need to agree to any extension 
  • Options

I thought they had official ends dates(30th June, same as contracts) thats why Grant couldn't play because although Crawley had no more games, he was still registered with them until 30th June.

I assume it's more down to how the transfer windows work, Grant was a Crawley player until the summer registration/transfer window opened
  • Options

That was different though. I presume Grant was a Crawley player until the 30th June/1st July. Here we are talking about loanees representing us beyond those dates. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As far as i'm aware in the first half of the season the loan has an end date, so for example if you signed a player on 6 August his loan would end on 6 January. 

If you signed a player on 6 Jan then his loan would end 6 June but usually it'd just be announced as being until the end of the season as seasons were always done by May. 

So loans will now be at the players parent clubs discretion but they can't play for their parent club anyway so i guess most will allow loans to continue through to whenever the season ends.
  • Options

As far as i'm aware in the first half of the season the loan has an end date, so for example if you signed a player on 6 August his loan would end on 6 January. 

If you signed a player on 6 Jan then his loan would end 6 June but usually it'd just be announced as being until the end of the season as seasons were always done by May. 

So loans will now be at the players parent clubs discretion but they can't play for their parent club anyway so i guess most will allow loans to continue through to whenever the season ends.
    If the summer transfer window doesn't open until all the games are finished, any player on loan at another club won't be able for their parent club anyway. It's hard to imagine the likes of Cullen or Green preferring to sit it out rather than play for us, it would hardly look good for their future reputations
  • Options

Pretty sure it’s down to registration. A player who joins a club in January cannot then be re-registered with his parent club until registration opens again on 1st July (unless there’s a recall option). 

So I presume now the registration period will be delayed until say August 1st. So the likes of Cullen cannot be registered to play for their parent club until that date. That however doesn’t necessarily mean he can play for us until that date. 

I think a bigger concern is someone like Taylor. Can’t imagine he’s going to want to risk anything when he’s out of contract. 
  • Options
    Apparently after the training photos were taken, Lewis did a hammy getting into his car. 
  • Options
    I'm sure I've read somewhere that Andre Green is out of contract at Villa this summer.

I've no idea if Villa has offered Green a new contract or if he's playing for a future contract elsewhere?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I'm sure I've read somewhere that Andre Green is out of contract at Villa this summer.

I've no idea if Villa has offered Green a new contract or if he's playing for a future contract elsewhere?

As with Cullen and West Ham I think it depends what division Villa are in 

In the Prem and Green will be deemed surplus to requirements

In the Championship and I think he will be offered a new deal