Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Absolutely gutted for him. I really hope that he’s okay and whatever this injury is, is very much precautionary.

He’s the one suffering more than anyone else here, please don’t think he’s not. 
    If its precautionary, after 12 minutes, wouldn't that suggest its either the same injury again or another muscular one? 

Assuming he warmed up properly, I would be outraged if he didn't, that's really not good is it? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Page, Wiggins, Basey, Youga, we don't have much luck with left backs do we?
    Cory Gibbs as well

Chris Solly | Gary Poole if you want to add Right-Backs
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That's very sad.,I thought it was a joke at first. 

His only hope career wise is someone will give him a contract based on appearances ,which dosnt seem likely
  • Options
    edited January 2020

His only hope career wise is someone will give him a contract based on appearances ,which dosnt seem likely
    Plus he won’t be able to afford a pint of milk if his contract is on those terms!
  • Options
    You really have to feel for him.

I see Aneke isn't playing a second game in succession for the U23s, so perhaps on the bench for tonight vs Fulham.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Cory Gibbs as well

Solly? Guy is not permacrocked at all

• Options
    Poor Bloke - wish him all the best
  • Options
    feel sorry for Page, but the bloke must literally be made of glass !
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Cory Gibbs as well

If you mean a debilitating knee injury that has not only reduced his potential, for more than half his career, or massively reduced his availability over 5 or 6 season isn't "permcrocked" your right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Cory Gibbs as well

If you mean a debilitating knee injury that has not only reduced his potential, for more than half his career, or massively reduced his availability over 5 or 6 season isn't "permcrocked" your right. 
    Exactly!! - Thats what I meant when I added Solly to the list, his career could have taken him into the Premier League but for fitness issues

Chris was better than Carl Jenkinson (who played for England) when he was in his prime
  • Options

He'd probably be better in non-league, with a day job. It doesn't look like he'd make a living on an appearance based contract (I'm not making a joke here...as a permanently injured amateur cricketer, I have a lot of sympathy with Lewis Page). 
  • Options
    Lewis got replaced - could be anything.

Everyone on here seems to be writing him off.

Perhaps we could wait until we hear a bit more about it before kneejerking
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Yeah, maybe he was just playing really badly?
  • Options
    Poor sod.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Absolutely gutted for him. I really hope that he’s okay and whatever this injury is, is very much precautionary.

He’s the one suffering more than anyone else here, please don’t think he’s not. 
    If its precautionary, after 12 minutes, wouldn't that suggest its either the same injury again or another muscular one? 

Assuming he warmed up properly, I would be outraged if he didn't, that's really not good is it? 
     None of us know yet so it’s not fair on him to speculate or suggest anything like that. He knows the importance of these games for him. I am only so gutted and hope he’s okay and gets all the help and support he needs, whatever this setback may be.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    U23s | 1' Substitution for Charlton. Taylor Maloney comes on for the injured Lewis Page.

#cafc 0 #cpfc 0
    You joke but

Feel for the guy.
    😂😂😂😂😂 ffs 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Matt Fry deserves a spot on that list.
  • Options
    Maybe they told him that if he felt anything at all he was to come off as a precaution and he's actually alright. That would be the dream for him. He's probably third choice LB/WB now and I doubt he'll play for us again any time soon so they can probably afford to just take no chances with him and really ease him back. If he's had a bad recurrence then I really feel for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That could be the end of him. He'll be playing for a mate's team and will need anl business idea or two asap for earnings. 
  • Options
    Incredibly sad.
    Doesn't some sort of insurance kick in if injury ends a career?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Perhaps Lewis had a kneejerk reaction and hurts his knee
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Incredibly sad.
    Doesn't some sort of insurance kick in if injury ends a career?
    The clubs insurance would only cover the rest of his contract and is book value (ie next to nothing).  I am not sure what, if any, the PFA offer or what he would have as an individual. 
  • Options
    The only positive if their is one, is that it’s 12 minutes more than he played last week.
  • Options
    No that’s proper shit for him, hope it’s not very serious a set back,